Author's Chapter Notes:
Oh my goodness. The reviews were so unexpected, and I feel so awful about not posting these chapters sooner!


Your comments are greatly appreciated, especially as my beta (I'm_Bloody_English) has done such brillant things with my work - reviews are a credit to her too.

Thanks sweety.

So, I'll keep writing if you guys are still interested! Thanks so much to CordyKitten, BlueEyes, Lynnette, IT, Akela, Amaya, Magnus 374, Vette and anonymous reviewer - and everyone reading. Will respond to your reviews asap, after I post :)
Giles poured another drink into his tumbler and rubbed his eyes. He glanced at his watch, noting it was seven in the morning which meant the gang would be arriving shortly.


Time was of the essence.


He fingered the book that contained Buffy’s prophecy in all its glory. The heavy tome conjured an ominous air with its blood-red lining, recounting in gold calligraphy the most terrifying and dangerous fabled creatures that had ever walked the planet.


The Master, Glorificus, even The First.


Therefore, it was the last place he would have ever looked to find information on a Slayer.


It was quite marvellous really.


The prophecy revealed how one unique Slayer would be subjected to great trauma, which would lay the foundation for her transformation. Under this intense pressure, an intolerable situation where death is the likely end to her ordeal, the Slayer would find inner strength. Deep residing determination to live would spark changes that would alter the balance between light and darkness forever.


First, she would invoke her inner power to turn her deepest thoughts into reality.


“And all thy thoughts and all thy desires will be granted…”


As her power grew, so did her love for a Master Vampire, until…


“Vampyre and Slayre will be bound together. Once the union is consummated, their powers will multiply. The Slayre will be touched with darkness, until it swallows her completely. She will be lost to the cause.”


It seemed, for Buffy to survive the battle with William the Bloody, her purity, her goodness would be compromised. Giles grimaced. It was rather ironic.


As he sat alone nursing his brandy, he was plagued by one terrifying fear…


That it was too late to save the girl who he had begun to love as a daughter.



~~~*~~~



A few minutes before dawn broke, the noise and bustle outside his door indicated everyone had begun to arrive. Giles had plenty of time before they came, had thought long and hard, coming to the conclusion that manpower would be another vital component to his plan. Hence Cordelia Chase.


And Xander Harris, for that matter.


As the teenagers assembled around the table, their wide, young faces looking expectantly at him, he mentally groaned.


Eyes of the innocent. They have no idea how Buffy could either die, or be the death of us.


Angel materialised out of the shadows, hovering near the banister until with an impatient huff from Giles, he sheepishly sat down with the others; ignoring the scowl Xander directed his way.


Ah, yes. Angel. The vampire was yet one more equally important player if they were going to succeed.


“I thank you all for coming on such short notice,” Giles began solemnly. “As you all know, Buffy is still missing. Thus, I propose we begin to finalize a plan to rescue her before Spike can do her any harm.”


At the mention of his name, Angel growled, his eyes flashing golden as he thought of his petulant childe having Buffy at his mercy.


His Buffy.


“If you’ve quite finished?” Giles asked, looking pointedly at the angered vamp.


Angel lifted big brown eyes to his and nodded, wisely sobering from any possessive thoughts in lieu of the meeting.


“Buffy may be party to a prophecy which would result in her becoming a creature of darkness. It is therefore imperative that we rescue her before any kind of, of… ahem.” Removing his spectacles, he pinched the bridge of his nose from the less than savoury thought accompanying his next words. “Relationship develops between her and William the Bloody.”


“Hmmph!” Xander snorted, disbelief written on his face. “Colour me blind, but I don’t see Buffy exactly going all goo-goo eyed over fang face!”


“Well,” Giles replied impatiently, cleaning his glasses vigorously, “That’s the beauty of prophecies – they show the future – even if it’s downright absurd!”


“What’s the plan?” Angel’s deep tone cut the dispute between the two short, bringing the focus back to the severity of the situation.


“Quite simply, really. We find out where Spike is hiding. Once this is established, we storm his lair as soon as possible, preferably at the crack of dawn,” he explained briskly, knowing they couldn’t afford to waste another day.

“Everyone must help clear a pathway of sorts, to allow Angel to distract Spike whilst I retrieve Buffy and bring her back.” He scanned the room, looking at the frightened faces before him, minus one brooding vampire, of course.


“Surprise is key in this operation. If they are able to mount any type of defence against our attack, we may never get the chance to save her again.”



* * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Buffy howled her frustration into the pillows then sat up, grabbed the bowl of porridge and hurled it across the floor in her latest wave of destruction. She yelped as the action strained her arm, bruised from the night before.

Peering down at the skin, it had turned an angry shade of blue, a colourful reminder of how brutal Spike could really be.


She had misjudged him.


Grown accustomed to his playful side, she forgot how forceful he’d been during the first days of her captivity. He’d been so possessive, dominant, intent on hitting the point home over and over again just who she belonged to.


Him!


She shivered. Perhaps it would be better not to defy him for a few days. He was obviously willing to fight her into submission, or rather beat her in any number of torturous and painful ways no doubt. No, right now it would be far better to keep her mouth shut while she hatched a plan to escape.


And escape she would, she thought fiercely.


She just had to think of other ways to break free now that she realized the limits of her tele-kinetic powers. They only seemed to work if she could see or visualise the item she wanted to move. Without seeing what type of locks and bolts they had on the door, she was unable to will them open.


She stiffened as she heard the distinct footfalls that could only belong to Spike stomping through the hallway, coming for her. The door suddenly flung open and he strolled in casually, trademark smirk in place.


“Evening, Slayer.”


His voice washed over her skin, caressing her and she fought to ignore her body’s reactions. Instead, she threw him a dirty look and turned away, earning her a most unhappy growl.


“Look at me when I’m talkin’ to you, Slayer,” he hissed, taking a few steps towards her.


“No,” was her sulky response, and resisting the urge to stick out her tongue, she continued staring blankly at the wall.


He moved forward quickly, wrenching one small arm behind her back, pressing her down into the bed.


“Buffy, Buffy, Buffy. Always trying to defy me. If punishing you won’t change your attitude, maybe punishing someone else will.”


“No,” she whispered, terror gripping her body making her heart race. He laughed in that malicious, evil way of his that told her how much he enjoyed lording his power over her, taunting her, making her squirm.


Why-oh-why did she do the very thing she told herself she wouldn’t and defy him?


“Now, who shall I pick? Red-head? Nah, too easy. What about Rupes? I hear your fussy old Watcher likes to stay late at the library. Isn’t that right, pet?”


“Please don’t,” she choked out, tears trailing down her cheeks. “I’ll.. I’ll be good. I promise.”


Spike smirked as he released her arm to slide his hands underneath her trembling body, pulling her upright, flush to his chest.


“I know you’ll play nice, Slayer,” he hissed by her ear. “You’ll do whatever’s necessary because it’s your duty to protect.”


He tenderly brushed a lock of hair out of her face, yet there was no warmth in his eyes. When he released her from his embrace, she huddled at the end of the bed.


“Now, how can you make nice to me for being such a stuck up bitch?” He tapped his finger against his chin before giving her an evil grin as if grasping a particularly naughty thought. “How about you give me a strip tease, hmm? Just like the one you gave me last night.”


Shocked, she gazed up at him. He knew she had been teasing him all along?


He smirked coldly. “Oh, yes. I knew what you were up to. Turns out… don’t much care if it was an act or for real. His name will never be uttered by you again – do I make myself clear?”


She nodded dumbly, ducking her head to avoid his gaze. Sauntering towards her, he crawled on to the bed to sit, his back against the headboard, arms folded behind his head with an expression of smug triumph crawling his arrogant features.


“Now. Where’s my strip tease?”


Buffy worried her lip before heaving a small, defeated sigh. She had no choice. She had pushed him too far and now he was pushing back, testing her boundaries to the extreme. This was all her fault really. If she weren’t so stubborn, maybe greeted him with a submissive smile when he first arrived, she wouldn’t be in this position.

Hands shaking, she lifted the bottom of her jumper, sliding it over her head. Spike’s eyes darkened with lust, growling at the peach satin bra that hugged her figure. Taking a deep breath, she unbuttoned her jeans, hurriedly shimmying out of the denim.


“Take it all off,” he ordered huskily, inching forward.


She opened her mouth to protest, but shut it just as quickly, knowing better than to argue now. With unsure fingers, she brushed the bra straps down her shoulders until finally manoeuvring to undo the clasp behind.

She watched Spike’s eyes flicker from blue to gold and back again, lingering over her exposed breasts.


Her nipples pebbled against the cold air in the room and he groaned at the mouth watering sight, eager to touch and sample the bounty presented to him.


Wanting to get it over with as quickly as possible, Buffy stood and tugged down her matching underwear. Ashamed, she lifted her hands to cover herself but he growled in warning so she dropped her arms listlessly and knelt back on the bed, wishing she could die.


Spike rolled off the bed, walking slowly around her. His lustful gaze made heat flood her face as she shifted uncomfortably. He chuckled, a low unpleasant sound which sent terror through her veins. What would he do to her now?


Trailing one finger across the top of her breasts, he paused to dip deep into her luscious cleavage. My God, what a vision she was! Blushing like the innocent virgin she was. He laughed again, thrilled to be the one tasting these delights.


And taste he would.


No, Angelus would never have a chance. The Slayer would be tainted goods before he finished with her. Tainted and spoiled for the rest of her sorry life. He frowned.


Except… he didn’t want to take her ruthlessly. No, Spike wanted to show her pleasure, pleasure only he could give. He wanted to hear her moans and know that they weren’t false or forced, but came from the deep lust that would grip them both.


Bloody hell. He was going about this all wrong. Again!


Jerking his hand away from her breasts, he shakily gathered up the comforter and wrapped it around her body. Her questioning eyes gave him pause, but he shook his head, unable to explain. They sat in silence for a few minutes, before he began to speak.


“I don’t want to force you into this. You just… you just make me so mad, pet. You know how to push all my buttons… buttons I didn’t even know existed anymore.” Shoving his hands in his jeans, he was desperate to be back in her good graces.


“Can we stop playing games?” he asked softly. “I don’t want it to be like this with us anymore. I like you, you like me – it’s just that simple.”


She managed a shaky smile at that.


Trust Spike to give it to her straight.


“But it isn’t that simple. I shouldn’t like you, should I?” Teary green eyes gazed up at him, making his chest hurt. “I feel so... torn. Like I’m betraying my duty as a Slayer, letting all my friends and family down.”


He nodded in understanding, noting her inner battle for composure and her sudden quickening heartbeat. “I know.”


Fuck it, he thought dejectedly.


Forgetting their argument, he scooped her into his arms, and pulled the duvet over them, causing her to snuggle into his embrace and sigh contently.


He understood exactly how she felt.


No self respecting vampire should have to feel this bleeding ache in his chest when the Slayer got upset and confused, shouldn’t want to ease her pain, fight tooth and nail just to put a smile on her face. A smile which seemed to shine so much brighter when he was the cause of it.


“I want to be with you Spike,” she confessed quietly.


Her whispered admission visibly shocked him, his eyes narrowing as he stared intently at her, searching for any indication she was being anything less than honest.


But her heartbeat remained steady, her beautiful eyes unblinking as she held his gaze.


She wants to be with me.


Relief and joy coursed through his body and he hauled her closer, raining down kisses all over her face until she managed a shaky grin. “Say it again,” he urged huskily, running his hands up and down her body.

Cupping his cheek, she gazed into his eyes. “I want to be with you, Spike. I just don’t know where we go from here.”


Nodding in response, he began stroking her back in a tender gesture meant to assuage her fears for which she was thankful.


“I know, pet. And there is no easy solution, but if we work together, I think we can get through whatever hurdles we face.”


She could see how passionate he was about her. The love and affection warming his eyes reassured her that she was making the right choice and she felt like a huge weight had been lifted from her. She didn’t have to feel guilty about falling in love with him. She couldn’t help her feelings, and now that she knew these feelings were reciprocated, she felt like an equal again. She was no longer playing by Spike’s rules.


They would make the rules up together.


He grinned down at her upturned face, tracing the contours of her lovely face with his fingertips. “God, you’re gorgeous,” he muttered.


Burrowing closer in his embrace, she blushed. “Do you really think so?”


He lifted her chin up until they were face to face. “Of course I do. You’re a bloody vision. My vision,” he amended. And with that, he pressed his lips to hers.


She gasped in surprise but allowed him to kiss her more deeply, swirl his tongue against hers. Her small hands crept up to link behind his neck, fingers twining and playing in his hair as she drew him in deeper. Highly aroused and greedy for more, he kissed her with increased urgency until she pulled away for oxygen.


“Sorry, pet. Forgot you have to breathe.” Chuckling, he rested his forehead against hers as he gazed into her desire darkened eyes.


She smiled back weakly, lightly caressing his sculptured cheekbones with a feather light touch. As he purred at her actions, the slow rumbles that filtered through her skin made her body to hum in response.


“Play fair,” he muttered as he dotted cool kisses over her brow and forehead, playfully swatting her hand away.


At this she giggled, feeling happy after resolving their feud. Eager to make up for lost time she slipped her hand under the covers to slowly lift his shirt. He groaned as she agonisingly took her time revealing each inch of flesh to her hot little hands, idly making patterns on his skin.


“And where would the fun be in that?” She laughed, continuing to stroke his chest.


Shuddering, he closed his eyes at the delicious torture, fighting the urge to rip his top off, to feel their skin pressed against each other.


“Buffy,” he rasped, clutching her tighter. “I know this is madness - a vamp and a Slayer. But by God I will make you happy. I promise…”


She found herself suddenly rolled over with a highly aroused master vampire straddling her. Before she could catch her bearings, he’d captured her lips once more, effectively cutting any more conversation short. He kissed her longer and harder, groaning as he tasted her again.


God. I want to devour her.


This hunger for her only seemed to deepen every time he touched her, kissed her. She mewled when he finally released her lips, rubbing herself along his body.


“Ahhh, please… please don’t do that,” he pleaded, closing his eyes with the delicious agony of her moving sinfully against him.


“Why?” she asked coquettishly as she undid the remaining buttons on his shirt.


“I won’ stop” he warned, groaning as her skilful hands turned him incoherent.


Regret and longing filled her, but she shook it away. “So what happens now?”


“Buffy stops teasing me?” he asked hopefully as she walked her fingers up his now fully bare chest.


Nodding, she answered, “For now.” Sighing, she nestled back in his embrace and yawned widely.


“Sleepy pet?” he rumbled, stroking her hair.


“Mmm-hmm. I think you wore me out…” she trailed off, falling into an easy slumber.


Above, Spike chuckled.


“Just you wait for what’s to come, sweetheart. Just you wait.”


Chapter End Notes:
Please review! Would love to know what you think, as I'm writing new stuff now. x