Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, I really couldn’t say where this came from. I wasn’t going to write it, but then decided to see if I could do something with it. I know this story probably won’t be for everyone. At least not at first, but I hope you guys would give it a chance. Despite what the summary says, this will be very Spuffy. Why bother with anything else? It’s something really different from me. I’ll just say that there’s really not much plot to this, just something more lighthearted to take a break from all of the angst. I’m not saying there won’t be any involved, but it definitely won’t be much. I’m really nervous about this one, so I hope you guys would like it. I have been debating for a while whether I should post this or not, but figured it couldn’t hurt. I’m posting sooner than I planned, but I guess I just got a bit impatient. Things might be moving fast, but it’s really not that long of a story because I wasn’t supposed to do much with it. Only about thirteen chapters, but I kind of like how it turned out. I have to say that this was a lot of fun to write. Thanks to DrkDevin and dusty273 for their help with this one, and also to DrkDevin for my gorgeous banner. Any comments would really be appreciated=)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 1

Buffy Summers entered her apartment and was confused about why it was so quiet inside. Her roommate would usually be blasting loud music when she got home. She headed over to his door to see that it was wide open, peering inside and noticing that he was lying in bed. She could tell that he was upset and had a feeling about why.

“Sweetie, what’s wrong?” she wondered in concern.

He glanced up at her and wiped his eyes, moving into a sitting position. “The wanker broke up with me.”

She gave him a sympathetic look and went to sit down next to him. “I’m sorry about that, Spike. Angel was a jerk, anyway. You could do so much better.”

He shook his head and bounded off of the bed, pacing the room back and forth. “I don’t think I can take much more of this. Dating women didn’t work out, and I seem to have even less hope with men. I bloody give up. I’m going to be alone for the rest of my life. I’ll just become a sodding monk or something.”

Buffy rolled her eyes, but was a little shocked by his statement. That was the first time he talked about a fear of being alone, she didn’t think he was ready for a real commitment. She smiled at the thought, but quickly hid it before he could see. “Okay, there’s no need for that. You’ve only had a few bad relationships. I have just as much trouble in the dating department, but I’m not exactly going to be a nun because of it.”

Spike gave a smile. “Of course not, you would die without sex.” He laughed when she got up to slap him on the arm.

“You are on thin ice, mister. I think you’re talking about yourself. I could so survive without it, but that’s no way for anyone to live. Look, come out with me tonight. I guarantee I can find someone that would take your mind off of Angel. He wasn’t even worth your time, and his forehead was way too large. I don’t know how you could stand it. Come on, let’s go man hunting. It’ll be fun,” she said with a grin.

Spike raised his eyebrows. “I’m on to you, Summers. You just want to go man hunting for yourself; it has nothing to do with me.”

She placed her hand over her heart in mock innocence. “Now, that is just not true. This is all for you, babe. And if I happen to find someone in the process, then so be it.”

Spike smiled and wrapped his arms around her tiny frame; she always did know how to cheer him up. “I do love you, pet.”

Buffy returned the embrace and frowned against his chest. “I love you, too.” He didn't know just how much she meant it.


* * * * *


“You can’t be serious, Buffy. I thought you gave up on trying to get Spike to change. You can’t just turn a gay guy into a straight one. It’s not that easy, and I should know. I have no plans to ever go back to men.”

Buffy gave her a friend a look and continued to browse through her wardrobe for something sexy to wear. “I’m sure it’s not that hard, Willow. He used to be straight before he decided that women were too much to handle and now that Angel dumped him, he’s starting to think that men are too much effort as well. At this rate, he’ll be back to females before we know it. I’m just the right woman for the job. I’m determined to get him to notice me as in more than just a friend or roommate. It’s only a matter of time,” she claimed, looking herself over in the mirror. “Damn, I look good. Not even a gay man could pass this up.”

Willow shook her head. “I just hope you know what you’re getting yourself into.”

Buffy turned to the red head. “No worries, Will. I know what I’m doing. Spike will be mine soon enough. I’m the only one in his life that has always been there. He can trust me with anything. I just have to make him realize that I’m the one he wants.”

“What if it doesn’t work out the way you want? I don’t want you to get hurt, Buffy.”

She thought it over. “I can handle whatever happens. I know that we’ll still be friends if things don’t work out. That’ll never change, but I love him. You don’t know how hard it’s been to have these feelings since high school and never being able to express them. If he wasn’t with some slutty girl, he was with some slutty guy. It’s about time that William saw what has been right in front of him this whole time. I might finally have a chance now that Angel is out of the picture. I just have to make sure that no one else interests him while we’re out tonight, hence the really hot outfit.”

Willow took in a deep breath and decided that it would be best not to argue with her friend at the moment. “Well, I wish you luck then.”

Buffy smiled and put the finishing touches on her make up, then grabbed her purse. “Thanks, but I have a feeling I won’t need it. I’m pretty confident that everything would work out. Well, I have to go meet Spike at the mall. He had to finish up with some work things and said that he would meet me there. You wanna come with?”

Willow shook her head again and followed Buffy out of the apartment. “That’s okay; I promised that I would meet Tara later. Have fun tonight, Buffy. Don’t do anything that I wouldn’t do,” she stated with a wink.

Buffy grinned and headed to her car, getting in on the driver’s side and starting it up. “I wouldn’t dream of it. I’ll catch you later,” she said, then drove away.

Willow watched her go and then got in her own car, once again hoping that Buffy knew what she was doing.


* * * * *


Buffy made her way to the food court of the mall, where Spike said he would meet her. She stopped abruptly when she saw him sitting with a dark haired man in the distance, laughing at something the brunette said. She took a deep breath and headed in their direction, forcing a smile on her face when Spike’s eyes met hers.

“Hey, there you are. Buffy, I would like you to meet Xander Harris.”

She nodded and sat down across from him. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Likewise, Spike hasn’t been able to stop talking about you. Well, I’m suddenly having a major craving for nachos. You guys want anything?”

They shook their heads and Xander went to get his food, promising that he would be back soon.

Buffy turned to Spike once he was gone. “So, I see you started on the man hunting without me. He’s cute, but doesn’t exactly seem like your type.”

Spike laughed and shook his head. “He’s not for me, love. Xander’s straight, he’s here for you.”