Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 11

“You do?”

Spike smiled and caressed her cheek. “Nothing has ever felt so right before. I know I still have a long way to go, but I love you. I know that more than anything.”

Buffy matched his smile with one of her own. “I love you, too. I always have.”

“It’s still hard to believe that you could love me. Yeah, we’ve been through a lot, but I never did anything to deserve it.”

She pressed her lips to his softly. “You were always there for me, sometimes when no one else was. I was the outcast in school, but you never made me feel like I didn’t belong. You always went out of your way to make me feel special. I would say that’s enough to deserve my love.”

He felt tears mist in his eyes at her confession. Spike still didn’t know what he did to deserve this wonderful woman, but he would do whatever he could to keep her.


* * * * *


“I think I’m ready.”

Willow’s eyes widened at what her friend was implying. “Are you sure?”

Buffy nodded. “I’m really sure. We’ve been together for two months now. I know it hasn’t been that long, but I love him. I’m finally ready to take our relationship to the next level. And I know he’s more than ready.”

“That’s great, Buffy. I’m really happy for you guys. I can’t believe how much Spike has changed in the last couple of months, it’s like he’s a new person. I’m sure it’s all because of you.”

Buffy blushed, not knowing what to think about that. “I didn’t really do much. Spike changed because he chose to, I just might have helped a little.”

Willow smiled. “It was more than a little.” Anything else that she would have said was stopped by the arrival of Anya.

“What are you two talking about?” she wondered.

“Buffy finally decided to sleep with Spike,” Willow commented, ignoring the glare that the blonde sent in her direction.

A huge grin lit up Anya’s face. “Well, it’s about damn time.”


* * * * *


“Can I get you anything else?”

Spike shook his head, letting out another cough. “I’m fine; it’s just a stupid cold. Nothing to get all concerned about.”

Buffy nodded, her plans put on hold at Spike’s sudden illness. They waited two months; she supposed it wouldn’t kill them to wait a few more days. “I’ll let you get some rest, just yell if you need anything.”

Spike nodded as well and just as he was about to shut his eyes, the phone rang next to his bed. He groaned and went to answer it.

Buffy waited to see if it was for her, confused by the look on Spike’s face as he hung up. “Who was it?”

He glanced up at her. “It was Anya; she wanted to know if you’ve received orgasms yet. What exactly does she mean by that?”

Buffy was going to kill Willow. This was why she didn’t want Anya to know, at least not yet. “Um, well, she’s probably referring to the fact that I might have mentioned I was ready for us to sleep together. I was planning on it for tonight, but that’s obviously not going to happen now.”

His eyes widened. “Bloody great, perfect time for me to get sick. You know, I think I’m feeling a whole lot better now.”

She rolled her eyes. “Nice try, Spike. We can wait until you’re really better, it won’t kill you.”

“It might,” he mumbled.

Buffy smiled and moved closer to the bed, placing her hand on his forehead. “You feel a little warm, what you need right now is some rest. I’ll be back to check on you in a little while.”

Spike figured there was no point arguing with her and closed his eyes, letting sleep claim him.

Buffy watched him for a few seconds, then left the room and headed into the kitchen to make Spike some soup for later.


* * * * *


“It took about a week, but I’ve never felt better.”

Buffy smiled at how excited her boyfriend was. “See, it was my special chicken noodle soup. My mom always made it when I was sick.”

Spike agreed. “Best soup ever, so, is it time now?”

She laughed. “You’re like a little boy waiting to open his presents on Christmas morning.”

Spike wrapped his arms around her waist. “There’s only one present that I’m interested in opening.” He pressed his mouth to hers, taking her bottom lip in and nibbling on it. “I think I’ll explode if I’m not inside you soon,” he whispered.

Buffy felt shivers up her spine, lowering her hand to cup his erection.

He shut his eyes in pure bliss, opening them again when a thought suddenly occurred to him. “Fuck, I don’t have any condoms. I can go out and get some really fast.”

Buffy stopped him from getting up. “It’s okay, I’m on the pill. I trust that you’re clean.”

Spike nodded eagerly, the thought of being inside her with no rubber was very appealing to him.

“Let’s go to your room.”

Spike wasn’t one that had to be told twice. He grabbed Buffy’s arm and pulled her over to his room, slamming the door behind them and shoving her against it. He kissed her passionately, running his fingers through her hair.

Buffy pushed him away gently, needing to breathe after their make out session. “Go slow, we have all day.”

Spike felt like a ponce for trying to rush things again. At this rate, she would continue to think sex was all that he was after. “I’m sorry, baby. It’s just hard to control myself around you.”

She could definitely understand that.

“We’ll take it slow; I want this to last for as long as it can.”

Buffy grinned and headed over to his bed, unbuttoning her blouse and throwing it to the floor. She did the same with her skirt, so she was in nothing but her lingerie.

Spike felt his mouth water at the sight of her.

Buffy crooked her finger at him, motioning for him to join her.

Spike was never one to deny a lady. He walked over to her, taking his clothes off along the way. Never one to care for wearing any knickers, he was now as naked as the day he was born.

Buffy trailed her eyes down his body. She didn’t think it was possible for a man to be so gorgeous, but Spike proved her wrong.

He stared at her, waiting to see if she would make the first move.

Buffy licked her lips.

That was all it took for Spike to pounce.