Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 13

“God, Spike. That feels so good, don’t stop. Yes, right there.”

He shook his head and continued rubbing her shoulders. “You know, I think I should be offended that you make more sounds during a massage than you do during sex. I must be doing something wrong.”

Buffy laughed. “You’re definitely not doing anything wrong, but move, I have to go to the bathroom.”

Spike let her off of the bed, patting her backside lightly as she ran out of the room. He sat there thinking about how his life had changed, while he waited for Buffy to return.

“Baby, are you okay? You have this serious look on your face.”

He was pulled out of his reverie at the sound of her voice. “Sorry, it’s nothing. Come over here, I want to hold you.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows, but did as he said. She lay back down and snuggled up at his side.

Spike wrapped his arms around her, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. “You know I love you, right?”

She glanced up at him. “Yeah, but you’re starting to worry me now. You sure everything’s okay?”

Spike nodded and let a smile form on his lips. “I’ve never been better.”


* * * * *


Three years later…

“Where the hell is the maid of honor and best man? We are supposed to be having the rehearsal right now. Does no one care about this wedding?”

Xander tried to calm down his fiancée, soon to be wife. “Anya, they’re probably just running late. You know how Buffy and Spike can get.”

Anya groaned in annoyance. “Great, that means they’re probably off somewhere having orgasms. I swear, sometimes those two are worse than us. They better be here soon, or I’m going to damage Spike’s testicles. I’d like to see Buffy use them after that.”

Xander placed his hand over his privates, feeling Spike’s pain if he didn’t show up in the next few minutes.


* * * * *


“Fuck, Buffy. You’re bloody going to be the death of me.”

She smirked down at him. “Yeah, but at least you’ll die happy.”

Spike growled and changed their positions, so he was now the one on top.

Buffy moaned and panted as he pounded harder into her, the only sounds in the room being that of their breathing and bodies slapping together. She yelled out her release a moment later, digging her nails into his back.

Spike nuzzled her neck and tried to get his breathing under control, moving off of her after a moment.

It was then that Buffy was able to see what time it was. “Shit, we were supposed to be at the church a half an hour ago. Anya is going to kill us,” she said, getting out of bed and putting on her clothes.

He only wanted to enjoy the view of her. “What’s the big deal? It’s just the rehearsal; I say we at least have about ten more minutes to spare.”

Buffy turned to look at him. “Have you met Anya?”

Spike’s eyes widened. “Good point, we better get going.” He got dressed as fast as he could, then left the apartment with Buffy.


* * * * *


“Can you believe they’re married now? Look how happy they are.”

Spike gazed out at the dance floor to see Xander and Anya sharing their first dance as husband and wife. “Yeah, they do make quite a pair.” He noticed his girlfriend’s eyes tear up and knew she was thinking about marriage again. They talked about it a year ago, but he didn’t think he was ready. Buffy hadn’t brought it up since then. He looked around at all of the happy couples. Xander and Anya on the dance floor, Willow and Tara sitting close together and whispering in each other’s ear. Spike used to think that marriage wasn’t for him. He could never imagine being devoted to one person enough for that, but things were definitely different now. Seeing how happy his friends were, he realized it was something that he wanted. Spike turned his eyes back on Buffy, clearing his throat before speaking. “Love, would you like to dance?”

Buffy was surprised by the question, knowing that he hated to dance. She only smiled and nodded, taking the hand that he offered to her.

Spike wrapped his arms around her when they reached the dance floor.

Buffy placed her arms around his neck and moved to the slow song that was playing.

“Did I tell you how beautiful you look today?”

She blushed and nodded again. “You might have mentioned it.”

He held her tighter. “You’re the most beautiful woman in this room, but don’t let Anya know I told you that. She’ll castrate me.”

Buffy laughed, remembering the furious bride once they finally arrived at the church for rehearsal. “I’ll keep that in mind.”

“I’m sure she’ll also kill me for this. Doing it during her reception and all, but I can’t wait another second.”

Buffy was confused, until he got down on one knee. She gasped and brought her hand to her mouth.

Spike smiled up at her, hoping that he could get through this. He took out a black box from his pants pocket, opening it to reveal an elegant, diamond ring. “Buffy Summers, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I was lost before you came into my life. I made a lot of mistakes, but you’ve made me want to be a better man. You’re kind, beautiful, and the best friend that I’ve ever had. I love you more than you could ever know. Will you marry me?”

Buffy had tears streaming down her face at his speech, not knowing or caring that everyone was now focused on them. “Yes, of course I’ll marry you.”

Spike knew that she would say yes, but it was still really great to hear. He placed the ring on her finger, then stood up and wrapped his arms around her as the wedding guests all applauded in the background.

Buffy buried her head against his chest, letting more tears fall. “I love you so much, Spike.”

He kissed the crown of her head, running his hands soothingly down her back. “I love you, too.”


* * * * *


“I should be mad at you for stealing my thunder, but I don’t even care. Another wedding is so exciting; I’m going to be your maid of honor. Oh, I can’t wait to start planning,” Anya carried on; oblivious to the fact that no one was really listening to her.

Buffy shook her head and moved over to Willow, knowing her friend well enough to tell what she was thinking. “Don’t worry, Will. You’re going to be my maid of honor. I would have to be crazy to let that woman plan anything.”

Willow smiled and felt relieved. “I’m really happy for you guys.”

Xander patted Spike on the back. “Enjoy freedom while you can, buddy. Once you’re married, it’s all over.”

“Get your ass over here, Xander Harris!”

He cringed at the sound of his wife’s voice and looked at his friends. “If I don’t make it back alive from the honeymoon, it was nice knowing you guys.”

Spike laughed as Xander hurried to catch up with Anya. “Better him than me. Come on, love. We have celebrating to do at home.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and knew exactly what he had in mind, but she wouldn’t have it any other way.

The End


Well, there you have it. I did say it wasn’t that long of a story. Completely fluffy, but I guess I was just in the mood. Like I said before, we could all sometimes use a break from the angst. Thanks for reading, I should have another story soon=)