Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 5

“This feels nice.”

Spike agreed as he continued to run his fingers through her hair. He never knew how good it felt to just lay with a woman, no sex involved. He had a feeling that everything would be different with Buffy, and he could hardly wait.

“There’s something I’m still confused about, though. If things weren’t really serious with Angel, then why were you so upset about the break up?” she wondered.

He thought about it. “Well, for one, I planned on breaking up with him. He just beat me to it. I was a bit pissed off and managed to close the drawer on my finger when I was looking for something.”

Buffy glanced up at him. “That’s why you were crying?”

“Hey, that really hurt,” he said with a smile. “And I wasn’t crying, it only brought tears to my eyes. There’s a difference.”

She rolled her eyes. “You really are something, Spike.”

He pressed his lips to the crown of her head. “You better believe it.”


* * * * *


“So, you and Buffy? I have to say that I didn’t see that coming. What happened to the brunette that you were talking to the other day?”

Spike shrugged. “I realized that a one night stand wasn’t what I was looking for. I’ve had enough of those to last a lifetime. I want something more.”

Xander placed his hand over his heart. “Did I just hear Spike Giles admit that he wanted something more than sex? I think Hell has finally frozen over.”

Spike sent him a glare. “Shut it, Harris. Buffy’s special, she means a lot to me. I wouldn’t want to screw things up with her.”

“Well, I’m glad to hear that. Buffy seems like a great girl. Does she have any single friends?”

Spike grinned. “Actually, she does. I know someone that would be perfect for you.”

Xander was about to respond, but didn’t get the chance when a gorgeous red head showed up.

“Hey, Spike. Buffy wanted me to bring you your lunch; you forgot it at home again. I was already on my way here, so I told her that I would give it to you. You construction guys need to keep up your strength, after all.”

Spike smiled and took the bag from her. “Thanks, Red, I appreciate it.”

Willow smiled in return. “I’ll see you later. Keep working hard,” she claimed cheerily, then marched away.

Xander watched her go. “Wow, she’s hot.”

Spike rolled his eyes. “That’s not the friend, Harris. She’s a lesbian, and already in a relationship.”

Xander frowned now. “Of course she is.”


* * * * *


“Love, not that I’m complaining, but I thought we were supposed to be taking things slow,” he panted.

Buffy pulled away from him after their make out session and moved off of his bed. “You’re right; I guess I just got carried away.” She grinned seductively and slowly peeled off her work clothes, so she was in nothing but the lingerie that she purchased from Victoria’s Secret earlier that day. “Let’s see how long that lasts.”

Spike gulped at the sight of her. “Fuck, you’re the hottest thing that I’ve ever laid my eyes on. Come back over here,” he told her.

Buffy just shook her head. “I’m not going to make it that easy for you.” She then slipped into her silk robe, but didn’t tie it around her waist. “You’ll just have to come and get me.” Buffy squealed when Spike chased after her, knowing that he was bound to be faster.

Spike loved how playful she was being and knew that he could definitely get used to it. He finally caught her in the living room and wrestled her onto the couch, planting a hard kiss on her mouth. “I’ve got you now, baby.”

A sudden knock on the door stopped their actions.

Spike groaned at the interruption. “That better be the bloody apocalypse.”

Buffy laughed and got off of the couch, heading over to the door.

“You shouldn’t open the door dressed like that, pet.”

Buffy didn’t listen to him and figured that it was only Willow, but she was surprised to see Riley standing outside. “What are you doing here?” She noticed that he wasn’t concentrating on her face and glanced down to finally realize that she was in her underwear. Buffy gasped and closed the robe around her. “Hey, my eyes are up here,” she said to get his attention.

Riley blushed and finally looked up at her. “Uh, sorry to bother you, Buffy. I just had such a good time on our date and was hoping that we could do it again, but I probably should have called first.”

“You really should have, mate.”

Buffy jumped a little when Spike made his presence known.

Riley looked taken aback. “Yeah, sorry about that. I forgot that she didn’t live alone.”

Spike didn’t really believe that, then noticed that the other man’s eyes were elsewhere. He turned to see that Buffy’s robe came undone and focused back on Riley, with an angry expression on his face. “Don’t you even think about looking at her,” he warned and tied her robe back up, keeping his hands there this time.

Riley broke out of his reverie. “Right, so, what do you say about going out again sometime?” he asked her.

Spike once again spoke up. “That won’t be happening, wanker. She’s with me now,” he said with a smile as he put his arm around Buffy’s shoulder, keeping the other one on her robe.

Riley was confused. “Oh, I thought you were gay?”

“You were misinformed,” Spike spat, then shut the door in his face. He turned back to Buffy. “Okay, next time, you let me answer the door. I’m the only one allowed to see the goods. I can’t believe you ever went out with a ponce like that.”

Buffy shrugged. “He didn’t seem like one before, but who are you to judge who I went out with? At least I didn’t sleep with him on the first date.”

Spike held his hands up. “Fair enough, let’s just forget about him. I believe we were in the middle of something,” he said with a smirk.

Buffy suddenly felt nervous and held her robe as she walked back into the living room. “I’m not really going to sleep with you, Spike. At least not yet, I’m not ready for that. I never act like this,” she explained, pointing to her attire. “I thought I could try something new, but this just isn’t me. Look, I know you have a hard time waiting. If you don’t think you can, then I don’t think we’ll ever work out.”

Spike moved closer to her, placing his hands on her shoulders. “We can wait until you’re ready, Buffy. I know I rushed into everything before, but I don’t want that to happen with you. You’re worth the wait.”

She smiled in relief. “You know, I think there may just be hope for you yet.”