Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 6

“You’re setting Xander up with Anya? Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

Spike shrugged. “Why not? He’s a good enough bloke.”

Buffy agreed. “Yeah, and she’ll eat him for breakfast. You know what Anya’s like, the woman is only about sex. It’s all she knows.”

Spike grinned and moved closer to her. “I think that’s exactly what he needs. Harris has been out of the dating game for far too long now. He may need someone like Anya to whip him into shape and let’s face it; he really needs to get laid. I don’t know how someone can go that bloody long without a proper shag.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest. “What if I wanted to wait for months, or even a year? Would that be too long for you?”

His eyes widened. “Uh, no, I think I could handle that.” A pause. “You’re not really considering having me wait for a year, are you?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “I doubt even I could wait that long, but the point is that you’re going to have to wait. I just hope you can manage to keep it in your pants until I’m ready.”

“We’ve already been over this, Buffy. I told you that I could, you need to have more trust in me.”

She nodded. “I really want to, but it’s so hard when I know about your past. I’m really going to try working on that whole trust thing.”

He smiled and pressed a quick kiss to her lips. “That’s good enough for me.”


* * * * *


Spike got home from a tiresome day at work and headed straight for his bedroom. He knew Buffy wasn’t likely to be home yet, but just the thought of her was enough to make him hard as a rock. He was still amazed by his sudden feelings for his best friend; no one had ever been able to affect him like that before. Spike entered his room and stopped with a start at the sight of the naked woman lying in his bed, but it wasn’t the woman he spent all day thinking about.

“What the fuck are you doing here, Drusilla? How did you even get in here?”

She pouted up at him. “I got in through the window; you should really be more careful about that.”

“Well, you can get dressed and get out. You’re not welcome around here.” Drusilla was his long-time girlfriend before he got with Angel. Before he got with any man, she was the reason he decided not to waste time on the opposite sex anymore.

Drusilla walked over to him, swaying her hips back and forth. “I know you don’t mean that, Spike. We had some great times and it took me this long to realize how much I’ve missed you. I’m willing to give us another chance,” she said, taking his hand in hers and placing it over her naked breast.

Spike shut his eyes and ripped his hand away from her. A year ago he might have jumped at the chance to get back with his ex, but things were different now. He was different. “You really need to leave. I have a girlfriend, one that I care about very much. I would never do anything to hurt her.”

Drusilla rolled her eyes. “What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her. We can just keep this between us.” She leaned toward his ear and whispered huskily. “I know you’re just dying to be inside me again. You remember all the nasty things we did to each other? I bet your precious girlfriend can’t please you like I can.”

Spike used to believe that he was a strong man, but if he didn’t get her to leave soon, he was afraid that he would take Drusilla up on her offer. He had to keep in mind all the pain that she caused him. All the times that she fucked someone else behind his back. The time he went to her place and found her in the middle of a threesome, then had the nerve to ask him to join in. He shook his head and took a step back. “What we had is in the past, I’m not like that anymore. I put you behind me a long time ago, Dru. I have no intention of ever being with you again. What I have now is much more important.” Spike picked her dress up off of the floor and handed it to her. “We’re done here.”

She snatched her dress from him. “You’ll end up regretting this.”

Spike was about to tell her to get over herself, but a gasp from the doorway had him instantly turning around. His eyes widened at the sight of Buffy now standing there, an expression of betrayal on her face. “Love, this isn’t what it looks like.”

She shook her head, unshed tears in her eyes. “What is this, Spike? What is she doing here?”

Drusilla grinned, her dress now forgotten. “Well, if it isn’t Betty? I have to say that I wasn’t expecting this. I guess I should have known you two were bound to get together. I bet it just kills you to know that I got there first.”

Buffy was about ready to rip into her, but the dark haired woman wasn’t finished.

“I suppose I should get going now. Thanks for the good time, Spike. It was definitely like I remembered,” she said, slipping her dress on and quickly leaving the room.

Buffy didn’t speak up again, until she heard the front door close. “What did she mean by that?” she wondered softly, still in a state of shock.

“You know how crazy she is, Buffy. I swear to you, nothing happened between us. I came home to find her naked in my bed. She wanted to get back together, but I told her to leave. I told her that I had you now and I was happy, she just wouldn’t take the hint. You have to believe me,” he practically pleaded.

Buffy wrapped her arms around her waist, suddenly feeling very cold. “I really wish I could. I know how much she meant to you, Spike. I witnessed how things went between you two in high school and even after that, she was mostly all you talked about. You were completely blinded by her, and now you expect for me to believe that she just happened to be in your room? Or that you would turn down her offer?”

Spike grabbed her shoulders, forcing her to look at him. “It’s the truth, Buffy. I told you that I wouldn’t hurt you. I could never consider being with Drusilla again after all the crap she put me through. You’re the only one I want now, pet. Please, you have to believe that.” He was starting to hate the pleading tone in his voice, but had to make her understand.

Buffy stared into his eyes and could see his sincerity, even if she was still finding it hard to trust him. She knew all about the pain that Drusilla caused in the past. It would be a cold day in Hell before Spike would ever go back to that. She nodded after a few seconds of silence. “If I see her near you again, I’m scratching her damn eyes out. No one messes with my boyfriend.”

Spike laughed and wrapped his arms around her, feeling beyond relieved. “My kitten has claws.”

Buffy smiled against his chest. “You better believe it.”