Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 9

“That’s it, Buffy. Fuck, right there!” Spike yelled out his release, staring down at the sticky mess in his hands. “It’s just not the same.”

Buffy ran into his room. “I thought I heard my name.” Her eyes bulged at the sight of Spike stroking his cock. She quickly backed away. “Sorry, I didn’t realize you were having a private moment.”

Spike rolled his eyes and got out of bed, zipping his pants back up. “It’s nothing you haven’t seen before.”

She turned to him once he was decent. “It’s still weird knowing you do that while thinking of me.”

He smiled and moved closer to her. “I’m always thinking of you. I just figured you were busy, so I decided to take care of it myself.”

Buffy nodded. “Okay, well, I’m gonna take a shower now.”

Spike’s smile widened and when she took off into the bathroom, he followed after her.


* * * * *


Buffy let out a sigh of contentment once the hot water hit her skin. She was too lost in her own world to notice that someone came into the bathroom, until he stepped into the shower and wrapped his arms around her. Buffy squealed in surprise, slapping him on the chest.

“What the hell are you doing in here?”

Spike smirked. “You’re not the only one that needed to get clean.”

She raised her eyebrows. “And you couldn’t wait for me to finish?”

Spike shook his head. “What would be the fun in that? Come on, love. You can’t tell me that you haven’t thought about this. I heard you in your sleep last night. All your breathy moans, the soft whisper of my name on your lips.”

“Why were you in my room?” she wondered.

He shrugged. “I was in the doorway, just watching you sleep.” Spike lightly traced her cheek with his finger. “Do you have any idea how beautiful you are? How could a man resist?”

“Spike…” she whispered, but didn’t get a chance to continue.

He pressed a finger to her lips, then replaced it with his mouth.

Buffy wrapped her arms around him, eagerly returning the kiss.

Spike broke away when breathing became an issue, resting his forehead against hers. “God, what are you doing to me? I’ve never wanted anyone this much before.”

“I…I haven’t done anything,” she stuttered out, feeling like a schoolgirl with a crush all over again.

Spike chuckled. “Oh, you’ve done way more than you think. Finish your wash; I’ll make us something to eat.” He stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist and leaving the bathroom.

Buffy stared after him, never feeling so hot in her life. It was time to make the water cold.


* * * * *


“Did you ever think about me in high school? As in more than just a friend?” Buffy wondered later that night as they were both lying in his bed, her head against his chest.

Spike thought about her question, lightly running his fingers through her hair. “I did once. You were dating that Parker bloke. I don’t know why, but I couldn’t stand to see you with him. I didn’t realize it was jealousy at the time. I just figured it was me being overprotective of you. I knew he was a player.”

Buffy nodded. “Yeah, I just wish I didn’t have to find that out the hard way.”

Spike pressed his lips to the top of her head. “It should have been me,” he whispered. “That wanker wasn’t worthy of taking your virginity.”

She agreed. “I wanted it to be you, but I always assumed you only saw me as a friend. The girls you dated were nothing like me. They were trampy and completely brainless, I couldn’t compete with that. I was basically a nerd, always figured that I was way out of your league. That you would never really see me; I’m just surprised you weren’t embarrassed to be around me in public.”

Spike glanced down at her, having no idea she felt that way. “I always saw you, Buffy. I was a bloody fool back then, did a lot that I’m not proud of. It’s all in the past, we’re together now. That’s never going to change. Not for Drusilla, Angel, or any other ex that decides to pop back into my life. You’re it for me, baby. I know that more than anything in this world.”

Buffy wiped the tears from her eyes, clutching him tighter. “I love you, William.”

Spike shut his eyes at her words, still not believing that she could love someone like him. He never did anything to deserve it. The one thing he wanted more than anything was to say the words back to her, but he wasn’t sure if he was capable of it. Those words never came easy to him, but he knew exactly what he was feeling for the small blonde next to him. Her soft voice brought him out of his thoughts.

“It’s okay; you don’t have to say it back. I know it’s probably not easy for you. I don’t want you to think that I’m putting pressure on you, Spike. I just wanted you to know how I feel. You don’t have to say anything.”

Spike was amazed at how well she could read him. She never stopped surprising him, even after all of these years. He pulled her closer to his side and placed a tender kiss to her forehead, hoping to convey in his actions what he couldn’t in his words. Not yet, anyway. He would tell her. When the time was right, he would tell her.


* * * * *


“What do you think about this one? Is it slutty enough? Do you think Xander would wanna rip it off of me, so we can have many orgasms?”

Buffy held her hand up to stop the extremely blunt woman. “I really don’t feel comfortable picking out your sex clothes, Anya.”

She pouted. “Well, you’re no fun. You don’t have to bring the rest of us down just because you’re not getting any.”

“Hey, who says I’m not getting any? I’m getting plenty.”

Anya raised her eyebrows, then turned to Willow to see that she had the same expression on her face.

Buffy noticed and frowned. “Okay, so I’m not exactly having sex with Spike, but that’s entirely my decision. I could so have sex with him if I wanted; he’s completely up for it. I’m just not exactly ready yet.”

Anya let out a sigh. “What exactly are you waiting for, Buffy? You’re twenty-three, it’s not like you’ve never done it before. A stallion like Spike won’t wait forever.”

Buffy was afraid of that, but she trusted her boyfriend.

“Lay off of her, Anya. Just because you and Xander go at it like bunnies, doesn’t mean she has to follow in your footsteps.”

Anya gasped. “Thank you so much for those nightmares, Willow Rosenberg.”

She rolled her eyes and focused back on Buffy. “Don’t listen to her; you and Spike are going to be fine. I know I had my doubts in the beginning, but I’ve seen the way he is with you. That man has got it bad, Buffy. You have nothing to worry about.”


* * * * *


“I win again, wanker. Pay up,” Spike said, holding his hand out.

Xander groaned and handed him a twenty. “When did you get to be so good at pool?”

He smiled. “Years of practice, Harris.”

“So, are you up to giving private lessons?”

Spike turned at the voice to see a striking brunette. “I don’t usually, but maybe if the price was right.”

She sauntered over to him, trailing a finger down his leather clad arm. “I’ll give you anything you want, baby.”

Xander’s jaw nearly dropped. “Uh, Spike, I think we should get going now. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to leave your girlfriend for too long. You remember Buffy, right?”

Spike glared at him. “My memory isn’t that bad, Harris. You can run along if you like, I’m not done here yet.”

The woman smiled at him. “I’m horrible at this game. I was hoping you would stick around for a while longer to teach me.”

Spike nodded. “I can do that, but only one game. I do have places to be.”

She seemed satisfied by his answer.

Xander shook his head. “I just hope you won’t do anything that you’ll regret,” he mumbled, then headed out of the Bronze.

Spike chose to ignore him. “What’s your name, love?”

“I’m Gwen, is your name really Spike? I can just imagine why they call you that,” she said huskily, glancing down at his crotch.

He grinned. “Wouldn’t you like to know?”