Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews and sorry for the wait it seems I have been having Beta problems, I had spikes mrs look this over so I could post it.
Chapter 3 The talk and the call


While entering her house with Spike, Buffy says to him, with a gesture towards the living room. “Why don’t you make yourself comfortable in the living room, I am going to run up and take a quick shower.”


“I’ll just watch the telly, then till you come back.”


Spike walks into the living room, and Buffy goes upstairs to have her shower.


________________________________________________________________________


*****At the same time over at Giles’s flat. *****


“Willow, would you mind coming here for a minute, I think we need to have a talk about what happened.” Giles calls to her from where he is sitting in the living room.


“I’m sorry Giles, I didn’t mean for it to happen.” Willow says with a voice full of remorse as she walks out of the kitchen carrying another plate of cookies, and sitting down on the couch.


“Yes, I know you’re sorry, I understand that, and I’ve had a lot of time to think while I was sitting here blind, all day.”


“And you were thinking about me?” Willow questioned with a sense of awe in her voice.


“No, I was thinking about things in general. But then when I found out it was you, I realised I have misinformed you about magic.”


Deflated she asks, “What do you mean, Giles?”


“If I would have only done my job, properly when you first started, doing magic spells. You would have had the proper training and this would never have happened.” Giles tells her with remorse that he is partly to blame for what happened today.


“What do you mean, Giles?”


“That this is just as much my fault as it is yours, Your first big spell was to restore Angel’s soul after you did that I should have gotten you the guidance you required, tomorrow I am going to call a Coven the Council works with and have them send someone from their Sunnydale branch to guide and train you.” He tells her factually.


Unbelieving she asks, clearly taken back at his statement, “Why Giles? Why now?”


“Because of what happened today, it has opened my eyes, you turned your child hood friend into a Demon magnet, and your other friend it caused her to get mated to a Vampire, a deadly Vampire not to mention that once a Slayer Mates it changes them, so now we have to wait and see what happens.” Giles informed her with a look of distaste on his face.


“What do you mean different?” Xander asks, speaking up for the first time from his seat on a spare chair next to Anya.


Giles then takes off his glasses and clearing them on his shirt before he launches in to explaining what he is talking about. “When a Slayer mates with a Vampire, they change, we will just have to wait and see what the full extent of the change will be.” Pausing before he continues, “It can be from nothing at all to very, very dangerous, she could even forget that she is not evil herself.”


Turning back to Willow, “Now I don’t want you doing any magic for a while, and I believe it might be best if you were to stay here for the night.”


“Alright Giles, I will do anything to make it up to you and everyone.”


“Let me just go and get my room in order, who knows what Spike’s is like after earlier today, so you can take my room and I will take the couch.” Giles says getting up of the couch so he can go to his room.


“Thank you, Giles.”


“You two should go home and get some sleep; we will meet again tomorrow night.” Giles says to Xander and Anya, as if he were dismissing them from the flat.


“See you tomorrow, Wills and G-man.” Xander say as he leaves Giles’s with Anya.”


________________________________________________________________________


*****Back at the Summer’s residence, sitting on the couch cuddled up next to each other. *****


“So what do we have to talk about?” Buffy asks.


“What do you know about mating?” Spike asks her, deciding it is as good as place as any to start.


“Not much, Giles always kept that book, locked up and away from me.”


“That was probably for the better, so we can focus on us and not have to worry about what you have read.” Spike says as he turns and looks as his mark he placed on her neck earlier that also covered up his Grandsires.


“Okay, so where do we start?” Buffy asks, just as she realizes where his eyes are.


“How about you tell me, how you got the bite from Peaches when he didn’t give you a bite when you to slept together?” Spike questions as he reaches up to almost touch where her 3 bites are The Masters covered by Angel, then Angels covered by Spike’s.


“Faith went evil, paired herself with the Mayor, he figured that if he could take Angel away from me, I wouldn’t be able to fight him when I need too. Little did he know, I broke up with Angel the same night, you were in Sunnydale last. I told him that I could fool my friend and family and Watcher, I could even try to fool myself, but I couldn’t fool you, Spike.”


Spike couldn’t help himself. “Is that so?”


“Yes, anyways after I broke up with him, he decided that he was going to leave Sunnydale, after the fight with the mayor. He wanted me to have a normal life and get a normal boyfriend.” Buffy says with a laugh.


“No offence Slayer, but you will never be normal, if you ask me he was having a hard time with the not being able to have sex with you. Even from the first time I saw you, I wanted to push you down and shag you senseless.”


Blushing, she continued, “So we broke up and he said he was moving away after he helped me save the world, we were walking home from a Scooby meeting I think, the next thing we knew Angel had collapsed with an arrow in his shoulder. Later on we found out, that it was Faith who had shot a poisonous arrow at Angel. After some research we discovered that only Slayer blood would cure him, so I took Faith’s knife, and left the library to go and fight Faith. Slayer blood is what he needed, so Slayer blood is what he would get, I didn’t care at that point if I killed her or not.”


Scared at what he might hear next, he tightens his hold on her and says. “Please tell me you didn’t kill her?”


“I fought her, stabbed her, she fell off a wall and is currently in a coma at the Sunnydale General, as soon as she fell off the wall I went to the mansion. I told Angel I could cure him, he didn’t want to drink from me, but I kept hitting him until he vamped out and bit me. Finally as he came back to himself he stopped feeding and not a minute too soon, I was unconscious from the blood loss and almost died, so he brought me to the hospital, where I had a Slayer dream from Faith and figured out how to fight the mayor.”


“How would Peaches almost draining you; let you see how to defeat the Mayor? But it also explains why the bite is the way it is, most Vampire bites are clean unless they are enraged.”


“It was sent from Faith.” She says then steers the subject away from her and Angel to him and Harmony. “So I told you what you wanted to know about Angel, now tell me why you are here in Sunnydale again and with Harmony no less.”


“After I left Sunnydale last time, I went to go back to Dru, but on the way I heard about the Gem, I figured that if I found the Gem, then I could kill you and bring your head back to Dru.”


He felt Buffy tense in his arms.


“Don’t worry, I can’t kill you now. In fact no one will ever be able to kill you again, you are Eternal now.”


“Eternal?” Buffy says with question in her voice.


“As well as other things, it mostly means you won’t die again, you will get stronger and your senses will change, but that will all depend on the Slayer in you and the Vampire you are mated to.”


“Guess I will have to get use to that, what else can you tell me?”


“Well aside from all that you and I are linked, once we work it out we will be able to talk telepathically as well.”


With a strange look she states, “Now that will really take some getting use too, you in my head at all times.”


“Yeah I know what you mean there, Slayer.”


Just then Buffy lets out a yawn.


“Now it’s time for you, to get some sleep, Slayer.” He informs her as if to let her know, they have all the time to talk and sort things out.


“Would you mind holding me, I don’t think I am ready to do much more, right now. I guess I will also need to break up with Riley, and yes before you ask you are the only other guy I have slept with besides Angel.”


With a smile on his face, he states, “Glad to hear that, and yes I will just hold you it is enough, for right now.” Then he gets up off the couch and holds out his hand to help her up.


________________________________________________________________________


*****4:30 in the morning at Giles flat. *****


Sitting at his desk, Giles picks up his phone and dials the phone number Angel gave him in case of emergencies, Angels phone number in LA.


“Angel Investigations, Wesley speaking.” Wesley says into the phone after answering it.


“Hello, Wesley, would Angel be around?” Giles asks.


“And who may I asks is calling?” Wesley says in a very business like tone.


“Rupert Giles.”


“I’ll just get Angel for you, Mr. Giles.”


Answering his phone, once Wesley transfers it to him he says. “Hello Angel speaking.”


“Hello, Angel its Rupert Giles, I need to talk to you about something important involving my Slayer.” Giles quickly states hoping it will get him to listen better if Buffy is involved.


At the mention of Buffy, Giles had Angels full attention. “Alright Giles, what can I do for you?”


“Well it seems that we have had something happen in Sunnydale tonight and Buffy is afraid you will try to interfere.” Giles explains to him.


“What is it Giles?” Angel asks.


“I am not sure how much you know, but Spike has actually been living chained up in my bath tub for about a month now.” Giles states calmly knowing Angel won’t be.


“He’s what?” Angel bursts out.


“Angel do shut up and let me continue, Willow did a spell today, and it was to work will, she turned me blind, Xander into a Demon magnet and she said that Buffy and Spike should get married.”


Before Giles could carry on Angel simply asks, “He claimed her, didn’t he?”


“Yes they were under a spell, now we know it can’t be undone and we are also aware that you can take over the claim, by challenging Spike.” Giles continues on.


“I can and I will, I’ll be there this evening.” Angel tells him already making plans of this departure for a few days or longer.


“No you won’t,” Giles firmly states. “She doesn’t want it, to be transferred. My Slayer has developed feeling for him and she wants it to stay with Spike. You will obey her wishes, besides you can’t fulfil what needs to be done.” Giles informs him.


Dejected Angel says, “I understand, but if he hurts her, I am stepping in. I don’t care what they say.”


“I’ll tell them, thank you Angel. I need to go so I can get some sleep, good bye Angel.”


“Bye Giles.”

AN: This is just so you do have a fair warning, the next chapter will deal with the rape I have mentioned. We will not be seeing it just Spike feeling it as it happens to Buffy, so it won’t be that bad.