Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a short update, RL has been busy but I will try to update more frequently.
Hope everyone is still with me?
Giles and Xander entered the Hyperion hotel cautiously; both of them conscious that they had very little information concerning the fate of Angel’s crew, not to mention his suspect alliance with Wolfram and Hart.


“Hey G man, so what’s the plan? Do we split up so the beasties can snack on us now?” drawled Xander sarcastically. “Or are we gonna stay together so they can have Giles and Xander smörgåsbord? Cos I gotta say… this place is giving me a serious case of the jeepers creepers… and we haven’t made it past the lobby yet.”


Giles rolled his eyes, which of course went unnoticed in the dark gloom of the Hyperion lobby.

“Xander” he sighed, “I’m quite well aware that you are nervous, as am I, but I could do without your rampaging paranoia in this particular instance. The coven has assured me that apart from the blue creature seen with our yet to be determined vampire… and of course the probable presence of Willow, they could sense no particular danger. So it might behove you to save the girlish whining until something actually attacks us… don’t you think?”

Glaring at the young man, he turned towards the grand staircase that led to the upper floors of the hotel.


“Yeah well, don’t come crying to me when the blue whatever eats you.” Xander muttered under his breath, only to jump sharply as thunder crashed directly over their heads.


Distracted by his latest attack of nerves, he was dismayed to realize that Giles had managed to get a considerable distance up the stairs.

“Uh Giles… um… you wanna wait up” he squeaked, bolting after the watcher as another burst of thunder crashed directly over his head.



At the top of the first landing Giles paused, nearly falling down the stairs as Xander grabbed him by the arm.


“What the devil’s gotten into you Xander? Are you trying to get us both killed? Or is this sudden channelling of all things girly your way of trying to tell me something” snapped the watcher, frustration cresting at the wild look on the younger man’s face.


Xander grinned sheepishly before belatedly registering Giles comment.

“Hey! there is no girly here, watcher man, I am big with the manliness” he retorted indignantly, only to abruptly squeal like said girl as a figure darted out of the darkened hallway ahead of them.

Moments later it came perilously close to knocking both Giles and Xander back down the stairs.



Luckily, for all three of them, Dawn was as startled by them as they were by her. With the attending melee of squeals and slaps from both Xander and Dawn; not to mention the tangle of limbs, it gave Giles enough time to cast a simple witchlight.



“Good grief Dawn” gasped Giles, as the eerie green light lit up the former key’s features. “What on earth” he started to say before sighing heavily. “Never mind I don’t need to ask. So where is your sister, and why exactly are you running about the hotel alone at this time of the night?”

Shaking his head wearily, he helped Dawn to her feet before turning his attention to Xander, whom he was dismayed to see, appeared to be unconscious.

“Oh Buggar” he groaned, eying the younger man before throwing a rather threatening glare at Dawn.


“Um sorry about that” she mumbled contritely “but… um… ah… he was sorta pulling my hair and well I kinda sorta might have… um… maybe punched him… just a bit” she admitted, looking guiltily between Giles and the recumbent form of Xander. Who, to Giles mind at least, didn’t look like he’d be waking up on his own anytime soon.


Giles took in the disheveled state of the girl and the obvious threat of tears lurking in her eyes, and decided then and there that somewhere, somehow, he must have pissed off a vengeance demon, because surely he had been cursed… cursed to spend the rest of his life comforting hormonal teenage girls.

Again sighing heavily he gathered her into his arms and attempted to find out just what the hell was going on.

************



Kennedy looked up from the magazine she’d been half-heartedly reading. As the pilot announced that they would be landing in L A in just under forty-five minutes, she glanced at her watch and scowled.


Willow had been gone nearly two nights and Kennedy was starting to get a very bad feeling that her unannounced arrival might be too late to stop whatever Willow was mixed up in from happening.


If Buffy was already there with Spike, and Giles and the others were on the way, then she was pretty sure that by the time she managed to find Angel’s hotel it would probably be all over… bar the shouting.


So why wasn’t the thought that Willow wasn’t on her own bringing her any comfort? She ran her hands roughly through her hair and tried to sort her confused emotions.


She knew that Buffy didn’t like her; hell the feeling was pretty mutual, but Willow was her girlfriend, her partner. Surely, she should have confided in her that Spike was back, and that he needed Willow’s help.


Okay, so she’d made her dislike of the blond vamp pretty clear while sharing the cramped house on Revello Drive; still… they were supposed to share things and Willow had to know that she would of… She sighed heavily.


Oh, who was she kidding, of course she didn’t tell me, she knows I would have tried to stop her, or at the very least have made sure that Giles knew he was back.


Fuck! None of them except Giles seemed to get the fact that Spike was the enemy.


So what if he saved the world,she thought petulantly.
He’s a vampire; Buffy should have put him down years ago.

She felt her anger welling up inside at the thought that the woman she loved had betrayed her trust, just to help something that had no business existing.


God, it wasn’t like Willow even liked him all that much; from what the red head had told her he’d tried to kill her at least a couple of times.
So what the hell was it about the bloodsucker? That caused two of the strongest women she knew to drop everything to go running to his side the moment they knew he was back.


Come to think of it, even Giles had seemed a little less anti Spike the last time the vamps name had been brought up. So maybe his sudden trip to LA wasn’t about dusting him like she’d assumed.


Well fine… If none of them could see what a menace Spike was then she’d just have to take him out herself.

“Fuck you Spike,” she muttered under her breath. Let’s see you come back from a stake through the heart.”


As for Willow… well she was about to find out that a pissed off slayer was more than a match for a witch.

And fucking Buffy ‘I’m THE Slayer’ just better stay out of her way, or she would be showing her just how much more potential she really had, now that they were on even ground.



Looking down at her watch once again she was pleased to see that she was less than 30 minutes away from landing. Oh yeah… this was gonna be fun.


Smirking to herself, Kennedy settled back in her seat, the cold look in her eyes a sharp contrast to the smile on her face.