Author's Chapter Notes:
Waves to Jill.
Here you go... hope you enjoy.
Spike felt like he was living in one of his dreams. He had his nibblet tucked up under his arm and Buffy by his side. For added surrealism, throw in the watcher and the whelp offering to buy him dinner and he was one very bemused vampire.


He kept throwing quick darting looks Buffy’s way, trying to work out what the hell he was gonna say to her when they were finally alone.


Sure, he’d heard her defend him. The whole ‘get away from my vampire’ thing was still giving him the warm fuzzies. And yeah, ok, earlier she’d climbed him like a tree and about shagged him cross-eyed.

But this was Buffy, she of the changing moods. Never did know whether she would kiss him or hit him.


Back in Sunnydale, when he was soulless the first time, it wouldn’t have bothered him, but now even without his soul he found himself hoping that maybe he’d been wrong earlier.


Upstairs when she’d jumped him he’d figured it was just some knee jerk reaction to finding out he was still in the world, Ok that and a whole heaping of pent up lust.

When she’d said the words he’d mostly been dazed. Her popping him in the nose had seemed more real to him than her ‘I love you’.

Now after seeing her reaction in front of her friends and family… well he couldn’t help himself. Hope had reared its ugly head.

Soddin Hell! Could she have meant it? Did Buffy really love him?


Turning from giving Tara a hug, which from the witches reaction, had quite a bit of slayer strength behind it, he watched her laugh at something Willow said. Flushed and giggling Buffy looked up, catching his gaze.


Time stood still for the vampire. Arm dropping from around Dawn, he pulled up short as it hit him again. She was here… Buffy was actually here in LA and she didn’t seem unhappy to see him.



God, she was glowing, he had never seen her look more beautiful.

She had lost the gaunt haunted look she had carried in Sunnydale. Her hair was longer than he could ever remember seeing it, golden and flowing like a waterfall of sunshine.
Eyes still the changeable hazel that he had pictured so clearly in his mind.
Green now, with suppressed emotion. The color of her eyes often his best indicator of her mood. He had often been able to judge her needs just from the shade they reflected. Even now, in what he realized had to be one of Willow’s skirts; she still managed to look radiant.


Rome had obviously done her the world of good; he had never seen her look so carefree, so… effulgent.


Giving himself a mental eye roll at his use of that particular word, his mind shifted to darker thoughts… namely, the poncy bloody Immortal.


Where was her new sodding boy toy? Stupid git, can’t have been as good as all that… not if how she’d gone at him upstairs was anything to go by.

He scowled, just the thought of that bastard touching her made his blood boil.


Huh! What was that?

He shook his head. Shit, Buffy had asked him something and he’d been so busy broo… thinking, yeah thinking, that was it. Now he’d gone and completely missed it.


Bollocks, now she was giving him ‘The Look’. The one that meant she was pissed coz he’d not been paying attention.

Course, in the past it was usually because he’d been so busy staring at her bits that he’d got distracted. That or he’d started thinking about their latest shagging session and how he could get her alone, so they could do it again.


Fuck, c’mon mate think of something, she’s waiting.



“ Sorry pet, what was that? Dunno where my mind is… must be the spell. Still a bit foggy from the mojo, luv.”

He threw her his best repentant look and waited.



Buffy’s eyebrow arched delicately, a knowing smirk settling on her features.


“I asked if you were ok? You were looking… well, pissed is the word that springs to mind.”



Eyes darting over her shoulder he noticed that the Scoobies and the slayers were a good way ahead; they hadn’t seemed to notice that the slayer and the vampire had stopped to talk.

Ducking his head, not willing to meet her eyes, Spike shuffled his feet nervously. What the fuck was he supposed to say to her?


Unfortunately, Spike’s mouth did that thing again, the thing that nearly always got him punched in the nose. It opened intending to reassure her, but what came out was nothing his brain had given the ok on.



“So Slayer, where’s the boyfriend?” he drawled.

“Thought you two were all hot n’ heavy?

Mind you, it’s not like I’m complaining luv… what with the shaggin' an all, just doesn’t strike me as the sharing type… well not less he’s the one doing the sharing,” he added, leering smirk firmly in place.



Buffy rolled her eyes, her automatic “God, Spike, you’re a pig” rolling off her lips without a second thought.



“Now now Slayer, don’t be like that,” he murmured, eyes running over her body suggestively. “S’ not like I’m gonna tell him, just wondered is all.”


Moving closer he ran one finger up her arm. Head tilted and tongue curling behind his teeth, he leaned in.

“You know me Buffy… keeping secrets what m’ best at… s’pecially when it comes…” he smirked, “to you”.



Buffy shivered, her vision going a little swimmy around the edges. Mmm innuendo Spike… oh yeah she remembered this.



Spike for his part watched her, waiting for her reaction.

Studying her through lowered lashes, lips parted expectantly, he was stunned when instead of her usual blushing and denial she moved forward, right up against him.

Nestled in close to him she looked up, pouting, before leaning up to purr breathily into his ear.



“Hmm Spikey, it’s been a while, but I seem to remember you being pretty good at other things. Course, maybe I’m remembering wrong. Maybe you need to remind me.”


At his stunned and lust filled look, she bit back a moan, deciding that after his earlier snarkiness he deserved a bit of torture.


“Of course if you’re…" she looked down pointedly, "not UP for it, I’m sure I still have Armando’s number somewhere.”



Spike’s eyes glittered gold with her words, his cock achingly hard the moment she’d looked down. However, at the mention of the Immortals name, the demon snarled and Spike felt his control slipping. Fangs threatening to burst through his gums he grabbed her by her upper arms, hauling her in and up against him.


“I’ll show you up for it” he rasped. Head swooping in, he captured her lips in a fierce and passionate kiss.



Buffy gasped, lips opening under his, she melted into him, his skillful tongue stroking the roof of her mouth. His arms slipped around her tightly, pushing his erection hard up against her stomach.


Pulling back to let her breath he took in the dazed lust driven look she was directing his way.

“Fuck pet… I missed you… wanna taste you Buffy. Wanna be inside you”



Buffy whimpered, one leg coming up to wrap around his hip, grinding forcefully against his cock she managed to gasp “Yes Spike… God Yesss”


Permission stated, Spike hauled her the rest of the way up his body, her legs wrapping around him tightly as he maneuvered them back into a nearby sheltered doorway.


“God Slayer, gonna make you feel so good… gonna make you scream… fuckin hell luv… need you now” he panted.

“That’s it pet” he encouraged as Buffy tightened her hold, mouth nipping at his throat and jaw.


Hands stroked hungrily across her back moving down to cup her ass, pulling her in closer, he thrust upwards towards her warmth.


“Never letting you go Buffy” he murmured. “No one’s ever touchin' you again. Fuckin' no one. You’re mine, slayer... mine. Tell me Buffy… tell me… say it” he gasped out, the heat from her center causing his eyes to roll back in his head.



“Only you Spike… nobody else... ever… yours Spike, only yours” she whimpered in agreement.



For Buffy the world had disappeared completely, there was only her need for Spike and his for her. The words he was saying, the way he was touching her… only these things were real. It had been so long and she had missed him so much, it didn’t even occur to her to worry that her friends and sister were only meters away.

Which is why they were both startled when an amused voice unexpectedly shattered the moment.


“Ewww… get a room you guys, impressionable younger sibling here. Can’t you save the macking for somewhere more private? God I’m scarred for life”. Dawn muttered, grinning as her sister and the vampire jumped apart as though scalded.



“Jesus Bit, might wanna warn a bloke before you sneak up on him like that” huffed Spike, desperately trying to conceal his erection within the folds of the coat he had nicked from Angel.



Buffy for her part just gaped. Glaring at Dawn, as if she was on her list of things to be slayed, she gritted her teeth.

Attempting to think of something other than the ache between her thighs, the slayer stepped in front of the vampire.


“What Dawn, is so important that you coudn’t have waited till we got to the restaurant? Spike and I were… talking. Rude much” she stated haughtily, trying to do her best to look like she hadn’t, only moments before, been on the verge of screwing Spike’s brains out. Again.


Unfortunately, Spike chose that moment to slide up in close behind her, the very noticeable hardness pushing into her back, subsequently causing her voice to rise alarmingly in pitch.


Dawn snickered, Spike chuckled and Buffy blushed so brightly that she thanked God it was dark.



“C’mon kitten, Lil sis is right. We can… ‘talk’… later” he offered, his brief pause earning an eye roll from Dawn and a lust tainted shiver from the slayer.


Meeting his eyes, Buffy was pleased to note that as much as he was playing it cool in front of Dawn the dilated look to his pupils told a different story.


Smiling smugly she reached up to give his cheek a lingering kiss. “Sure thing Spike, I’ll look forward to that” she offered sweetly, before turning, hips swaying, in the direction of the restaurant.


Dawn, noting the glazed look on the vampire’s face, sighed.

Oh brother, I hope Willow still remembers that soundproofing spell. Cos there is no way, not unless deafness is a definite option that I’m staying in the same hotel as those two, never mind the same suite.


Still muttering darkly under her breath about oversexed vampires and big sisters needing to get room, preferably in another state, Dawn trailed after them.


Her lips quirked into a smile as she watched the slayer’s hand first brush, and then slip shyly into Spike’s.

Grinning openly, Dawn did a mental Snoopy dance, before following them through the door.