Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry folks! It's been the House of Plague in my house this past week. Everyone but Bo has gone down with the most revolting virus and its been completely crippling. Anyway, I'm feeling vaguely better and will be trying to tap out some more chapters of this fic this week. it's so close to being done I can taste it!!
Chapter Fourteen

Looking dishevelled and as if dusting a vampire in her living room was her greatest wish, Liz glared at Will and tapped her foot. “This had so better be good, because I’m not in the mood for any more crap tonight.”

Arching a perfectly scarred brow, Will wondered what she’d do if he pounced on her and kissed her hard enough to make her forget her name—both old and newly attributed. “And what crap would that be? You were out for most of the show.”

Liz turned away and walked into the kitchen. If there was one thing she was not going to share with all the new players in Sunnydale, it was her special connection with one apparently hiding, secret friend. Especially when she didn’t know his name or whereabouts. People would think she was crazy, but if Will knew, well, he’d make fun of her and wear her down with the evil lashings of his tongue. No! No evil tongues, lashing or otherwise. That way lay images with which she’d much prefer to never sully her brain.

“Things have been intense and I needed some space, not that I need to explain myself to you.” Having him around her was playing havoc with her commonsense. She kept turning her back on a notorious vampire—one with an enviable reputation for killing slayers—and not only had she allowed him to retain access to her home, she’d somehow adopted him with the impromptu sleepover.

“Yeah, been right intense around here too. ‘Spike,’” he emphasised with dramatic air-quotes and a cringe of distaste on his lips, “is a bloody wanker. Who does he think he is, taking dibs on my name?”

Liz giggled. The thought of Will cursing himself tickled her silly.

“Oh don’t tell me you just love the little fluffy-Buffy. She’s nauseating.” He made as if to stick his fingers down his throat and Liz slapped at his arm. She felt infuriated all of a sudden, and not all of it was due to Will’s lack of taste in belittling what was essentially her.

“She’s nauseatingly in love, you mean. And with you.” There was no controlling the shudder of revulsion that hurtled through her body.

“Oi! Watch what you’re knocking.” Will jutted out his jaw and glared at her, his hands furiously sweeping aside his duster so he could clasp each hip bone with agitated fingers.

“I don’t see the problem in knocking something I’d rather stab my eyeballs out than sample,” Buffy retorted hotly. If there was one thing of which she was convinced, it was that any sickly sweet overtures between her and this vampire were never going to happen. Her stomach was turning just at having him this close to her.

“You infuriatingly ungrateful bitch,” Will spat, his eyes glittering golden as hurt and indignation battled each other for dominance. He’d never wanted to rip her throat out more than at this precise moment. Being rejected had that affect on a bloke, and Will was beyond pissed at how pig-headed the love of his life was turning out to be. Take his face and name away and she was a right cuddly kitten, wanting to crawl into him sight unseen. But actually standing with him, face-to-face, and she wanted to stake him faster than…

“Ungrateful?” she screeched, stepping closer. “I’m supposed to be grateful you saved me from that other dimension?”

Will blinked. “Well, yeah.”

“News flash, Romeo. You grabbed the wrong Buffy, and not only did you not save me, you’ve created a whole world of other issues that need fixing. My Willow might not have been bent on killing me the second I arrived home if it wasn’t for your cowboy act of lassoing her up like a prize calf. I might have actually had time to think of something, but nooooo, unsouled SPIKE had to ride on in to the rescue.” She stopped to take a breath, and then blinked stupidly for a few seconds. “And what’s with that? You do remember you’re a vampire, right?” And then memory slid in and she gasped in shock. “Oh God, how could I have forgotten?” Eyes turned steely and murderous. “Where is she?”

Will’s turn to appear stupid. This conversation had torn around so many racetracks he felt bleeding well dizzy. “What?”

“Your ho. Where is she?” Liz was shaking, reaction from everything that had happened since the afternoon making her internal resources clash with themselves and she wondered if she was heading toward a break down.

“I don’t have a bloody clue where Dru is and haven’t for the past year. Your guess is as good as mine.” His expression was rife with unhidden hurt and Liz stood confused, then jumped as he turned abruptly and stomped away from her.

“Where are you going?” she asked in a small voice.

Barely stopping, he tossed over his shoulder, “As riveting as this conversation is, there’s a witch that needs finding. You can stay there feeling sorry for yourself, but I’m off. If I don’t make it back, you know she set me on fire, or performed some other equally deadly to vampires trick.”

The thought made her pause.

“Maybe…I should go with you?” Liz asked in a small, confused voice.

“Your funeral,” was the reply and the continual talk of death just made her insides shrivel up more. Still, he had tried to help her, and she was being ungrateful to not even be a little lenient toward him.

“Thanks,” she muttered and almost slammed into a hard, leather-clad back as Will stopped in shock.

“What was that?” He couldn’t stop the smile blooming on his lips if he’d tried, and with his back still to her, he didn’t even attempt it.

“For trying to save me. That was…thanks.”

No point in drawing out the obviously painful, he thought with a grin. “Don’t mention it.”

Liz rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at his back. That will be so much easier than you think, Bleach Boy.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

“Are you sure you can’t think of anywhere else she might be holed up?” Will asked with a huff. They’d been all over Sunnydale, and other than bumping into the other Willow walking to Oz’s van with the plan of returning back to Revello Drive much more mellowed out than when she’d left earlier, they’d come up with nothing.

“We’ve been to the magic shop, and the high school library. She has no friends that I know of. We really don’t confide in each other anymore,” Liz admitted, both annoyed that she had to be hunting down a girl that was once closer to her than any friend ever had been, and irritation that Will just wouldn’t get lost. She wouldn’t lament his disappearance in the slightest.

“Well, what about the bone yards? Think she might have gone to visit some graves and then maybe bunk down in an empty crypt?”

Liz eyed him sceptically. “I guess it’s a possibility, but I somehow doubt it. Willow likes her creature comforts.”

Will leered. “Or maybe she just likes her creatures?”

“Ewwwwww!” Liz exclaimed in disgust. “Could you be any more of a pig?” She stomped off, determined to not see him again if she couldn’t get rid of him. He complied with her silent wish and stayed behind her, and it was all she could do to admit she hoped he wasn’t checking out her supposedly stunning ass.

Twenty minutes later and they’d reached Restfield Cemetery. It didn’t take too long to search the available crypts, taking out a vampire or two while she was at it. On one occasion she’d even accidentally turned and found Will tussling with one of his own kind before he buried a wooden stake in its chest and was consequently covered in the exploding dust. He brushed himself off and looked up to find Liz staring at him with her mouth gaping open.

“What was that?”

Will sighed. “What did it bloody look like? Knitting scarves?”

“You killed a vampire.” And then another reality occurred to her. “And you’re actively not killing me. What gives?”

The continual low expectations of him was really beginning to grate on his nerves. “Don’t ask questions you don’t want answers to, little girl.” He swept past her and took the lead, stopping suddenly at the next crypt and uncharacteristically waiting for her to precede him closer toward it. The unmistakable sounds of sex emanated from the partially open door and Will grinned cockily.

Liz got to the door and had her foot ready to smash it open when she caught the sound of her own voice moaning. A hand drifted up to cover her mouth so she wouldn’t scream and she quickly turned and slammed her back against the wall beside the door. “Oh God,” she whispered frantically. Her eyes clashed with Will’s and she shuddered violently, sickness rising up in her belly until she was sure she was turning green.

Two strong hands suddenly slammed against the stone wall on either side of her head and Liz jumped a foot in the air in shock. She couldn’t move. She wanted to slam her knee into his groin and run hard and fast from this surreal episode of a monster drama, but her limbs were frozen stiff.

“Oh Spike,” she heard, and flushed hotly at the raw passion she barely recognised in the voice. “Harder. Please…want you…deeper. So good, baby.”

Oh God, they’re having sex. I’m having sex with Spike. This is so wrong.

Molten blue eyes penetrated her soul as he imprisoned her against the wall. Will had a look in his eye she couldn’t comprehend, but her skin felt tight and hot as the sounds of enthusiastic sex from inside surrounded her. Liz felt claustrophobic as Will moved closer, the leather of his sleeves brushing against her shoulders as his chest just barely made contact with her breasts.

She felt sick, and yet her nipples had frozen into hard little pebbles, straining for an unfamiliar touch.

“Buffy, you’re so warm around me. Ugh. Squeeze me like that again, gorgeous.”

Liz knew the second Buffy did it, her own vaginal muscles synchronised as Will thrust his hips at her. A scream formed in her throat and her mouth opened to release it into the night air when his lips slammed down on hers, shocking her into silence.

His lips were softer than she’d expected. She didn’t know why she thought they’d be less life-like than Angel’s had been, but she had. He tasted bitter, but not in a revolting way, and his technique was a whole lot more gentle than his approach so far had been. For a snapshot of time, Liz could see the appeal the other Buffy had felt for her Spike, but this couldn’t happen for her. As the realisation cleared her head, she moaned softly. Clinging to the first kiss she’d had in years, Liz savoured the sensual massage of his tongue before thrusting him away hard. Panting, she caressed her mouth with a shaking hand, her eyes wide and wary before she took off at a run.

Will watched her from where he’d tripped backwards on a rock in the grass and fell. Regret seared through his chest and he closed his eyes and let his head fall back to the ground. Inside he could hear all the huffing and puffing and he felt envious. In another world he and Buffy were shagging like bunnies and it was just his luck they’d brought it here to brag right in front of his face—and like the stupid, predictable wanker he was, he’d come on too fast with Liz and she’d bolted like a terrified bunny.

But Christ her lips were sweet.

With a giddy grin, Will relaxed in the grass and listened to his double shagging his girl. One day he’d have the balls to tell Liz the truth of who he was, and in his cosy little dream world, she’d lose that prejudice that blighted her view of the world and fling herself into his arms.

He was a bloody poof for believing in happily ever afters.