Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first fanfic so don't be too hard on me ;) And also, I speak English and I've read it for... well almost 7 years but since I'm from Sweden it isn't always the correct spelling and so on. So, that's why I have my wonderful beta reader Chriss, thank you so much! Don't know what I'd do without you!

So, hope this story will interest you in some way :) It will get a lot more interesting in the next chapter. I've written it so I just wanna hear what you guys think. If you have time, please review :)

This story was losley based on the movie Blue Juice, but it took a different turn than I expected so it's just a few small things that are similar with the film.



Thank you so much Buffymon for making four incredible banners for this story!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1. I've had enough


“Oh, come on Angel!” Buffy Summers exclaimed furiously at her so-called boyfriend Angel O’Connor. “You can't say you didn't flirt with her!”

Angel O’Connor took a deep breath before running a hand through his brown hair. “I was not! She was flirting with me. There’s a whole difference there! And it's not like it has happened before...”

Buffy nodded sarcastically. “Yeah, Angel, this was the very first time I caught you talking to some stupid whore when I'm not around. Or… wait a second. It wasn't! I've seen you more than twice, talking to some silly chic and instantly jumping away when I come back.”

He sighed heavily and bit his bottom lip. “That was one time and I was drunk.”

“Yeah, if you see one time as four”, Buffy muttered under her breath.

“You're unbe-fucking-leavable, Buffy. I've never met anyone as jealous as you are. A girl can't be around me for more than one second before you go insane cavewoman on me.”

Buffy let out a cry. “For God’s sake, I didn't do anything the first time so excuse me for having enough right now when I find you in the bar with that girl!”

Angel just sighed and Buffy clenched her jaw. They'd been together for almost a half year now and Buffy really had had enough. She had seen her soon to be ex boyfriend with a lot of different girls lately and she suspected it was just time till he cheated on her.

“I'm done. It’s over, Angel”, Buffy finally said and turned around to go.

Angel seemed to break out of his defense and frowned. “W-what? You're breaking up with me?” He said surprised.

“Yes I am”, Buffy simply replied.

“Come on, Buffy, we can work this out! It’s just a fight!” He said, grabbing her arm and spinning her around. Buffy pushed his hand off her arm.

“No we can't. You just want me there as the one on the side. I don't. I'll say it again for the last time; it’s over.”

“No”, Angel said and got his lawyer-look all over him. God, she hated that look. Every time he put it on he seemed to think he was beyond everyone else. “Every couple have fights, we do too. It’s not over; we need to talk this through.”

“I don't. I know what I want and I don't wanna be here”, Buffy said and continued out of the door.

“Fine, I'll call you on Monday!” Angel yelled after her.

“Oh, no you don't!” She screamed back but he had already closed the door.

Buffy let out a silent cry in the night. I'm sick and tired of all guys, she thought and started to walk home. I need a break from everything. A vacation.

As soon as she got home she started her computer and search for some cheap place she could visit for some time. Since it was the beginning of the summer she had almost nine weeks before school started again where she worked as a guidance counselor.

But where did she want to go? And everything was so expensive. She let out a frustrated little growl while she searched. Okay, new keyword. 'Silent, beautiful, vacation spot.'

“Okay, let it be it”, Buffy though and closed her eyes as she clicked on one of the results. A homepage showed up with the title Cornwall, England. Just the place you're looking for. A quite, beautiful surrounding.

“Cornwall…” Buffy said to herself, thinking of the name. She'd heard of it before, but she didn't know that much about England at all. Buffy had never had the chance to go there, so was it worth a shot?

She clicked on the cute little house that was for rental. It was nice, not fancy but… nice. She liked it, but as soon she realized what she was doing she started to hesitate.

Buffy Summers had lived in Sunnydale, California her whole life and just been outside the country once before with her family and that was almost six years ago. After high school college came along and she started working. There hadn't been time. Though, it was scary, she needed this.

You need to act on impulse, Summers, she told herself and made her decision. Cornwall, here I come.

__________________________________________

“You're going to England?” Cordelia Chase asked skeptically. “You gotta be kidding me.”

“What?” Buffy frowned at her long time friend. “No, why is it so weird?”

“Because… The town you're going to is like the smallest of the smallest… village! It isn't called a town even.”

Buffy shook her head. She knew this was a thing Cordelia Chase never would've done. She loved the big city life and went to Los Angeles pretty much every weekend. “Get a grip, Cordy. It isn't that small at all and even if it was; what’s the problem? I mean, I'm there to rest and just spend some time for myself, is all.”

“No guys at all?” Cordy continued and Buffy had to hold in a sigh.

“Cordelia, I'm leaving because I'm so tired of Angel and to not get involved with someone right now. Okay? It hasn't really been my luck lately when it comes to guys.”

“I have to agree with you on that one”, she said and took a sip of her coffee. “First that jerk Parker and now Angel.”

“See? That’s why I need some time to… recover or whatever. And for what I read at the site, it’s supposed to be great weather.”

“You're living in California, Buffy. If you're looking for getting a tan, just go to the beach. Wouldn't harm you, you know,” she added.

“You're unbelievable, Cordelia”, Buffy laughed. “But I love you anyway.”

“Aw. Sweet. Love you too. But, if you're gonna go, then I want your apartment.”

“My apartment?”

“Yes. You see, they're painting mine and Doyle is out of town so I can't live with him. Yours is for free.”

“You sure about that?” Buffy said raising an eyebrow.

“What? I'm your friend! You can't do that to me…”

“Relax, I'm kidding. But don't you dare touch the goddamn paintings”, Buffy threatened.

“Okay… Okay, but they're not even nice…”

“Cordy!”

“I won't!”

__________________________________________

“Um, excuse me”, Buffy said to the taxi driver outside the airport in Newquay. “Are you free?”

“Yes, miss. Where do you want me to drive you?” He smiled at her.

“I know it’s probably too much to ask, but I forgot to arrange some sort of a cab before I came here and…”

“It’s alright. Just tell me where you want to go, miss.”

“Cornwall, Penzance, please, I've rented a house there for seven weeks.”

“Oh? That’s sounds perfect. Let me help you with your bags and we will be going soon”, the driver said and took her bag.

Buffy smiled in return and sat down in the backseat of the car with a sigh. The flight had been long and the short sleep she'd gotten wasn't too much of a help. When she got to her house all she wanted to do was unpack and go to sleep.

She closed her eyes, just for a minute but slowly faded off to sleep.

The taxi driver came back and sat down in the front seat.

“Can you tell me where we're…” He trailed off when he saw the sleeping girl in the backseat and smiled. I can ask her later.

__________________________________________

“Oh, my god”, Buffy said hours later, standing outside her new house for seven weeks. “It’s beautiful.”

The house had a slight living-out-in-the-sticks look over it but she could see it wasn't that old though. I was patterned with bricks in different grey scales. And those small windows… So cute! Under the windows there was a flowerbed in many different colors.

A few metres away from the door there was small garden with a pavilion in the back.
There was something so unlikely Sunnydale and so lovable she felt like she never wanted to leave.

Well, she was going to stay there for seven weeks, maybe would she got tired of it after all; but right now… Not! With a big smile on her face she went inside and unpacked after she had looked through the whole house. She slept upstairs in a king size bed and downstairs there was a nice kitchen, living room and bathroom.

“I like it here”, she said to herself later that evening. It was a beautiful outside and she couldn't bear herself to just sit inside so she took on her shoes and went for a walk in the little village.