Author's Chapter Notes:
First of all, I have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to all of you who reviewed the last chapter! You have no idea how happy I was that this story was so appreciated :) You guys really made my day so once again a big thank you!
And, I also have to give my beta Chriss a big hug :)

In this chapter there are a few things similar with the film Blue Juice which this is loosley based on in the beginning, at least the surroundings and so on. Like the Boneyard.
Chapter 2. Wicca

An hour later Buffy let out a heavy sigh and glanced at her watch on her wrist. It was already five. She had been walking around and admiring the village but with her bad local sense, she’d soon got lost. Now, Buffy was tired of it. Her stomach made a hungry sound and she sighed just as she saw the sign of a bar and restaurant; Wicca.

‘Well, I have some money with me and at the house I haven’t got any food so…’
Buffy made her way to the small bar which was settled on a cliff with a view out over the ocean. As she reached the door she saw a poster of a band which was gonna play there later and she quietly wondered how they were supposed to fit in there. But it was bigger than it looked outside with a small stage, tables and a bar. She walked over to the bar and sat down, feeling completely drained.

“Hi, you want a menu?” A voice said behind the desk which belonged to a brunette, in her, twenties with a smile on her face.

“Yes, thank you”, Buffy said and accepted the menu.

The women studied her for a moment. “You’re not from here”, she stated and Buffy looked up, smiling.

“How could you guess…”

The women shrugged and glanced at her menu. “Well, except for the accent and that you’re not familiar… I couldn’t.”

Buffy laughed. “No, I’m not from here. But you’re not English either.”

“No, I’m from California. I moved here with my girlfriend a few years ago. Haven’t really caught up with the British accent yet.”

“From California? Me too. I came here yesterday, though, just on a long holiday.”

The bartender raised her eyebrows. “Really? Where from?”

“Sunnydale.”

“Los Angeles.”

“Close enough”, Buffy said. “I’m Buffy. Buffy Summers.”

“Tara Maclay”, she said and shook Buffy’s hand. “So, what brought you here?”

Buffy sighed. “Ah. Just wanted to have a… calm… vacation.”

“Guy problem, huh?”

She sighed. “You have no idea.”

“Why do you think I’m dating girls?” Tara replied smiling.

Buffy smiled and turned around, glancing at the people in the bar. A lot of them were older than her, but never the less some younger too. It seemed to be the local bar in town.

“How long have you been working here?” Buffy asked Tara.

Tara took up a glass and started cleaning it with a towel. “Two years almost, I own the bar actually. Even though it wasn’t really my dream job I can’t sell it.”

“I understand. How come you moved here in the first place?”

“Willow, my girlfriend, wanted to see some place new and just about that time she got an opportunity to teach at a school nearby. I moved with her and opened the bar with our common friend Anya”, she said and pointed in the direction of a blond girl who was busy yelling at a minor. “She’s… special. Can be pretty overwhelming sometimes but we like her anyway. She’s seeing the drummer in the band that’s playing here tonight. Xander Harris.”

“Yeah, I saw there was a band playing here. Don’t take me wrong but, why are they here tonight?”

“They’re from here, all of them. Except Xander and Charles Gunn, they’re from the states too.”

“Wow… We really have invaded this town haven’t we?”

“Pretty much”, Tara laughed. “They should start soon actually.” And in that second cheers filled the room and Buffy turned around to see five people walking up onto the stage. One of them caught her eye; a bleach blonde guy with a red shirt and black trousers. Wow, he’s hot, Buffy thought but instantly remembered why she was here. No guys.

Tara seemed to have noticed Buffy’s thoughts and nodded to the stage. “Do you recognize Spike?”

Buffy frowned. “Spike?”

“Yeah, the lead singer. Well, his real name is William, but as long as I’ve been here I’ve known him under the name Spike.”

“Unusual name…” Buffy said.

“Yeah, don’t ask me where he got it from”, Tara said raising her hands.

“Don’t worry, I won’t”, she replied and turned her head back at the stage where the music had started. Oh my god, he has a beautiful voice. Arg, stop it now! You’re not supposed to think this way…

“He’s really good”, she said instead, trying to get something else on her mind which didn’t really work.

“He is. Spike is really talented. I don’t know why he stays here; I mean he can make it big if he just showed it to the world, you know. He can sing, write, surf…”

“He’s a surfer?”

“Yeah, one of the best here.”

“I didn’t know people surfed here.”

“Oh, they do. Just down there”, Tara continued with a gesture out on the ocean. “He actually has surfed out on the so called Bone yard.”

“What’s that?”

“It’s stupid. I don’t know why they go there, they’re just settling themselves in danger. You see, it’s a great reefs out there. Dangerous if you miss a wave, but it’s also the biggest waves. He’s been out there a few times and for what I know, he’s the only one that really dared to. Everyone else stay close to the beach.”

“Oh. That sounds… well, stupid.”

“Yeah, but he’s Spike. And if you talk to some woman out there she will probably make Spike known as the town’s man slut.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows. So every town had their negativities. He was this town’s.

“But he’s a nice guy, underneath the cold façade”, Tara sighed. “Willow saw through it and he comes to our house some times.” She studied Buffy for a few seconds before saying; “You want me to introduce you to him?”

Buffy quickly turned back to Tara. “What? No! No… I’m here to have a time without any men… and how, I mean why do you think I want to go out with him? I mean… he’s all…” Buffy couldn’t find a word, but when Tara started laughing she spit out; “…blonde.”

Tara glanced at Buffy’s long blonde hair and smiled. “Yeah. A lot of that’s been going around lately.”

Buffy noticed where her gaze where and she blushed. “I didn’t mean…”

“You’re new”, a voice asked behind her and Buffy suddenly jumped and turned around to see no one less than the blonde singer standing there with a smirk which made her blush instantly.

Spike smiled even more when the blonde girl standing in front of him jumped and blushed. She’s adorable when she blushes.

He’d seen her from the stage talking to his friend Tara and felt an instant pull towards her. Spike had never seen the girl before, probably another reason to that he saw her in the first place.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Gunn, you know who that girl is?” Spike asked his friend Charles Gunn.

Gunn glanced at the girl at the bar and shook his head. “Nah. Never seen her before. You’re going over there?”

Spike shrugged but really he felt kinda nervous.

“No, Spike, don’t”, Winifred, ‘Fred’, Burkle said and made her way over to Spike. “Don’t hurt the poor girl.”

“Hey”, Spike said. “Who said anything about hurting?”

“Well, since you always in some way hurt your conquest for the night…” Wesley Wyndam Price continued.

“I’m not that horrible…” Spike mumbled.

“Huh, really?” Fred said. “So that’s why pretty much every woman in here tonight is longing after you to call?”

“You don’t know that and…”

“Spike, one of them came and asked me if you forgotten about her!”

“Who now?”

“Exactly…”

“Look. I’ll just go and talk to her. Nothing more than that.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“How can you tell?” Buffy said feeling slightly nervous.

“Well, your accent for the first and I haven’t seen you here before”, Spike said.

“You can’t have heard my accent from the stage”, Buffy mumbled.

“No, but I have now.”

Buffy sighed and shook her head. In the background Tara smiled at the couple.

“Oh, seems like Dennis needs me over there”, she said. “Hey, Spike, by the way, bye. Nice to meet you, Buffy. Come back sometime and we can talk a little more.”

“Thanks for the help, Tara. I’ll come back later.”

When Tara had disappeared Buffy turned back to Spike.

“What do you want?”

“Now… Isn’t that a little rude, luv. Just came here to get to know you, is all.”

“Yeah, so I’m another one of your conquests?” She snapped and Spike frowned.

“No, why would you…”

“Look, Spike. Sorry, but I think it’s time for me to go back home. Need to find the way... Which may take a few hours.”

“I can drive you, I have my car just out-“

“Thanks, but no thanks. I’ll walk.”

“Come on, don’t be so stubborn. Glenda knows me, she’d kill me if I tried something and I don’t want that to happen so you’re safe with me.”

“Think I’m safer walking by myself really”, Buffy mumbled and Spike sighed.

“Buffy, wait…”

Buffy stopped and turned around with a frown. “How do you know my name?”

Spike gestured at Tara. “She said it. Will uh… Will I see you again?”

“Why? I’m not here to…”

“Just talk, luv.”

Buffy sighed and shook her head. “Sure, I’ll be here tomorrow probably. If I find my way home…”

“I said I can drive you…”

“See you tomorrow, Spike”, Buffy said with a tired smile and walked out of the bar.

Spike smiled after her when he went back to his friends.

“That, my friend, was pathetic”, Gunn said with a smile.

“Believe me, she’s worth the effort.”