Author's Chapter Notes:
Once again, thank you for your incredible reviews! I had no idea that this story was gonna go so well! Anyway, here's chapter 3, hope you'll enjoy it!
Chapter 3

The next day Buffy woke up feeling completely drained. She had found her way back to her house eventually, even though it took some time. She decided to go for a walk and get to know the surrounding a bit better in a running form.

Jogging had always been a way for her to get away from all hard things in life. It gave her peace when she just focused on running, running and running. Her physical condition had gotten better during the time she was seeing Angel. Kinda sad, she though. But now it was over, she never had so see that face again.

Buffy ran her way down to the Wicca bar again but didn’t go inside yet. She decided that she’d run down to the water. That wasn’t as easy as she thought, Buffy realised when she saw the high cliffs everywhere. She was content with running along the edges.

There has to be some way to get down there, Buffy thought. She could always ask Tara later on. On her way back she met Tara and her girlfriend Willow, a nice redheaded girl around her age. As it turned out; Willow and Buffy had been attending the same collage but in different classes. Buffy ate lunch with them and liked them both already.

“Why won’t you come over for dinner tomorrow?” Willow said.

“That would be nice”, Buffy replied.

“Good! Let’s say around… Spike!” Buffy’s eyes widened as she turned around and saw the blonde guy walk towards them where they sat outside the bar in the hot sun.

“Hey, Red. How are you?” Spike smiled and hugged Willow. “Haven’t seen you in a while? Been busy?”

Willow sighed and rolled her eyes. “You have no idea. Oh, have you met-“

“Buffy, yeah, yesterday”, Spike said, glancing over at Buffy who nodded and then ducked her head. “Didn’t know you’d be here now, pet.”

“Na, I was just out running and met Tara and Willow on the way.”

Willow gave Tara an amused look and Tara nodded in agreement. There sure was chemistry between them, although they didn’t seem to notice it yet…

“Found your way home yesterday?”

“Yeah, sorry I was an ass yesterday”, Buffy mumbled and glanced down. “It’d been a long day and I’m pretty-“

“Stubborn?” Spike added with a smirk.

“Hey, no I… Okay, if you wanna see it like that...”

Spike chuckled. “If you want to, I can give you a tour in… daylight and all.”

Buffy tensed. She had decided that this wasn’t going to be a semester flirt but Spike made it really hard to keep that plan in mind. Well, that doesn’t keep me from making friends.

“Sure, why not. Thanks for the coffee, Tara. See you guys tomorrow then?” Buffy said while standing up.

“Will do. Have a nice… tour”, Willow smirked and Spike gave her a look and she quickly added; “It’s a nice town. With the… houses, and… water, you know the basics. Nice. Now go.”

Buffy giggled as she started to walk beside Spike. She cast him a look and couldn’t tear her eyes away from his chest. God, he really has to be working out, she though. He wore a black t-shirt and dark blue bathing-trunks. She suddenly became aware of the fact that she was staring and tore her eyes away from him with a slight blush. Shit, I’m into some trouble…

Spike had pretty much the same thing going on in his head. She’s adorable when she blushes, he thought when she kept her eyes on the ground. He took all of her in; the golden hair that was placed in a lame ponytail, her white tank top, the blue jogging shorts that was perfectly attached to…..Shit, I’m into some trouble…

“So, Spike…” Buffy finally said, looking at him.

“Yeah. So, what do you want to see first? I mean, even though it’s a small town there’s a lot to see.”

“I don’t know. Show me a place you like.”

Great, Buffy…

“A place I like, huh? Well, I have to tell you that the place I prefer is a little bit hard to get to”, Spike said cryptically.

“Really? Why’s that?”

Spike stopped and thought about it for a second, then a smile lit up his face and he pulled at her arm.

“Come on.”

“Wait, you said we couldn’t get there”, Buffy insisted as she felt warmth of his touch.

“If we can’t get there, who says we can’t get close to it?” He smirked.

---------------------

“Okay, keep it steady. You alright, luv?” Spike said when they approached the narrow path down the precipice.

“Yeah”, Buffy said, thanking whatever higher power for taking a run that morning with her gym shoes. “Where are we going?”

“You’ll see…”

They slowly made their way down the path and were close to the end of it when Buffy could see where they were heading towards.

“Oh my god”, she said. The waves crashed against the big cliffs with the bluest color she’d ever seen and in front of the ocean, there was small seashore. “It’s beautiful.”

“That it is. Now, watch out for the-“

But Spike didn’t have time to finish that sentence before Buffy’s foot got stuck in the root in the middle of the path and she fell forward. Spike acted fast and caught her before she fell to the ground.

“-root...”

Buffy automatically placed her hands at his chest and swallowed hard. The time seemed to come to a stop when she glanced up into his eyes before she realised that she was still lying in his arms.

“Sorry, and thank you”, Buffy said smiling shyly. “I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

“Not at all”, Spike said trying to maintain control and not draw her back into his arms. “You okay? That’s a tricky path, you know.”

Buffy laughed. “Yeah, I’ve noticed.”

“I fell each and every time until I finally understood how it worked.”

“Well, it’s worth it. As I said before, it’s beautiful”, Buffy said and kept her eyes on the crashing waves.

Spike walked up beside her. “It’s almost my favorite place. The best one though, is out there”, he said, pointing out at the ocean.

“What?” Buffy asked confused. “How do you- Oh. Surfing.”

Spike frowned with a slight smile. “You know that?”

“Tara mentioned it yesterday”, Buffy said before she realized what she’d said. Oh, no. Now he’s gonna think, no, know that we talked about him… But Spike didn’t take any notice of it.

“How long have you been surfing?”

“Since I was… I don’t remember. It’s so natural, but I guess it was around seven or something. I don’t know how I could live without it.”

“Seems like fun”, Buffy said and studied his face. He had really sharp cheekbones, she thought. And, God help her, those blue eyes.

“You’ve never done it before?”

Buffy shook her head. “Really? I though you Americans where all over the oceans”, he said and she laughed.

“No, I’ve never tried it. Is it fun? Oh, stupid Buffy with stupid questions.”

Spike chuckled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before understood what he was doing and quickly pulled his hand away and cleared his throat.

“It’s life,” he said. “If you want I could teach you.”

Buffy hesitated for a moment before she put all those feelings in the back of her mind.

“That’d be great. If you have time, of course. It seems like you’re pretty busy.”

“I’ll make time,” he said with a smile. “What do you say about lunch?”

“I say yes, please.”