Author's Chapter Notes:
Ah, finally! This took way too long to finish, I know, but I did it :P It feels nice to keep what I promised from the beginning, that I would never leave a story unfinished even though it could take a while for me to get it done. I intend to finish Everlasting Love too, but right now I have to admit that I am a bit lost. I have my dear Dutchess Michelle to help me get through that though so hopefully I will get going soon enough :) Altough, I have to make school a priority... Anyway, I hope you like the ending.

Thanks to all of you who stayed with me during these years of my first story for all the great support! And also a special thanks to my beta Chriss and Buffymon who made the banners :) Hope to catch up on everything that has happened here since... january (OMG!)! THANKS ONCE AGAIN :)
/Cissi
Epilogue - 5 months later

“Wow, Spike, can I still really call you coach? Superstar seems more appropriate.”

Spike threw Lily a mocking glare as she stood by the gate, but couldn’t hide the humour for long. He ruffled the girl’s hair and laughed out loud.

“I’ll never be anything like a superstar to you, kid. And actually, I think I like being called coach much more than superstar.”

“What about ‘dad’?”

His heart filled with desire as he heard his love’s voice from behind. He put Lily down and turned around to face the goddess that was now his. Come to think of it, goddess was not a strong enough word for Buffy’s beauty. Especially now with her enormous stomach, she was glowing. For being at the end of her pregnancy, she was still doing most things she’d done before. Maybe a little less energized than usual, but still with a smile on her face.

A smirk tugged at his own face. “Well, I won’t say no to that.”

Buffy grinned as he hugged her, well, hugged her as much as he could anyway. Taking her face in his hands he looked into her eyes.

“God, how I’ve missed you,” he murmured.

“It’s only been two months, you silly thing,” Buffy giggled.

“Well, two months too much anyway.” With that he gave her a searing kiss and they completely got lost in the moment until a girl’s voice from behind cleared its throat.

“I realize that you two have to kiss now, what with you having a baby and all, but could you please not do that in front of me all the time?” Lily asked irritated with her arms crossed over her chest, but the sparkle in her eyes told otherwise.

Spike and Buffy grinned at each other and turned to face Lily, his arm sneaking around Buffy’s waist instead. “Believe me, Lily, I will be complaining about you kissing guys much more than you will ever complain about us.”

“Not gonna happen.”

“Well, it will soon enough,” he stated but then a deep frown creased his forehead. He was going to have to worry about things like that soon, all too soon! The girl had turned thirteen three months ago and no doubt about it, she was gonna be the centre of all the guys’ attention. With her brown wavy hair, glistening brown eyes and her way of making everyone in her presence adore her; the guys would have problem staying away from her. Spike would have to keep an eye on her.

Lily snorted. “Oh, please. Name one guy I’d be interested in here!”

Spike raised an eyebrow. “I know Connor’s looking at you differently…”

“Connor?! He’s like… one of my closest friends, Spike!”

“Well, you never know what’s gonna happen, do you…” Spike mumbled and Buffy let out a laugh.

“Oh, Spike, calm down. Lily’s a responsible girl. She won’t do anything stupid.”

“I’m not worried about what she’ll do, I’m worried about what they will do….”

“When that day comes, then so be it. We’ll lock her inside her room and I’ll have the sex talk with her.”

Lily let out a deep groan. “Buffy!”

Spike couldn’t prevent himself from laughing now, the happiness filling his heart took over all of it. He couldn’t believe he had gotten so lucky. Here he was, with a third prize in his first worldwide surfing competition with a lot of great offers for future events.

And not just that, he also had his family and friends. His father and sister, Willow, Tara, Xander, Gunn, Fred, his team of kids that adored him as a coach… And then there was Buffy and Lily, and the baby on the way.

His visit in California hadn’t been long. They talked through things and Buffy stated that she wanted to raise their child in England, after all it felt like home. Her mother and sister hadn’t been thrilled of course, but once Buffy had packed her belongings and everything was fixed, Joyce was actually kind of thrilled with the idea. She planned for a visit just a month later and during the last month of Buffy’s pregnancy she had decided to live with them.

The one who was most upset would’ve been Cordelia. Buffy still got goose bumps from that conversation. If the girl had screamed! ‘You can’t leave me here all alone, you traitor! Who am I gonna call when I need to gossip, huh? Who’s gonna watch your kid when you need some time for yourself? I can’t believe you, my best friend’s leaving the country for good!’ And so on…

When Cordy finally had calmed down though, they got to talking and they planned visits as often as possible. Cordy had been to visit them once 3 months ago and become really good friends with Willow and Tara. Doyle had also loved being there and he got close with Spike’s band members.

So everything was working out. And then there was Lily.

After having lots of conversations and meetings with the social services a psychiatrist had come to decide that Lily would be much happier and calmer in an environment she already was familiar with. Since she already had turned 13, they would have problems finding a home for her and especially in Cornwall. According to the shrink’s analysis of Lily, she wouldn’t be comfortable in a town where everything was new and she didn’t know anyone. Because of the abuse through the years, she really needed to feel safe and that was in Cornwall. More specifically, in Spike and Buffy’s presence.

Spike had suggested the idea, a few weeks after getting back from California. He and Buffy had talked about it. Lily was such a sweet girl and she had practically been as their own daughter for weeks so why would they change it? Their short period of relationship had been an issue in the beginning, but their case was investigated and approved, and now Lily was living under the same roof as her coach and his girlfriend.

Lily, too, was psyched over the baby. When Buffy and Spike got back and Lily saw Buffy’s stomach she had shrieked with excitement.

Finally, it seemed like everything was working out, and Spike couldn’t have dreamt of more.

“Well, son, are you intending on forgetting all about us and not even say hello?” Rupert Giles chuckled with Spike’s sister standing beside him, her hands at her hips.

Spike smiled sheepishly. “Of course not, da. I’ve missed you two.” He faced his family and hugged them. He finished with a pat on his father’s shoulder. ”How’s the heart, old man? Talking your medication on regular basis?”

Giles rolled his eyes. “I’m not a child, William.”

Chelsea scoffed. “You might think that sometimes. No but seriously, he’s getting a lot better at taking his medications, Spike. I promise you.”

“Good, ‘cus I wouldn’t want for the unborn boy to never meet his grandfather,” Spike hinted. His heart automatically sped up at the thought. He was going to have a son. Buffy had told him after the winning of his second competition. He’d been so thrilled he practically swung Buffy up in the air. Now he had Lily, who was more or less like a daughter, and soon a son.

“I’ll stick around,” Giles promised. “So, what does the future hold for you regarding surfing?”

“I got a lot of great offers, but I’ve put them on hold for now. I’m just going to be coaching the old team, and working with the band. In a year or two, we’ll see how things are. At least I’ve tried this life now, so I won’t have any regrets later in life.” He turned his gaze to Buffy. “Well, maybe leaving you guys for so long…”

“The point is that you’re here now. I talked to Connor yesterday, he was so excited that you were back. They’ve all longed for their teacher to come back, right Lil?”

Lily nodded in agreement. “It’s the truth.”

“That’s great,” Spike agreed, “but for now I think I’ll just want to have a nice dinner and sleep off the jet lag.”

“Seems like a nice idea. I’ve got everything cooked at home, we’ll just need to warm it –“

They had started walking towards the exit when Buffy abruptly stopped. Spike continued walking a few steps before noticing Buffy’s halt. As he turned to look at her, he first didn’t understand but then his eyes met hers. They were wide and her mouth formed a small ‘o’. As realization hit him, his eyes travelled down towards her stomach where her hands very clutched against her abdomen.

“Buffy?” He asked in a hoarse voice.

“Oh God… I think my water just broke.”

“What?!” Chelsea and Lily shrieked. Giles was beside her in one second and tugged at her arm.

“Let’s get you to the hospital, dear. Right now! William, you mind coming with us?” He joked as he saw his son’s bewildered look. He hadn’t moved an inch since Buffy’s stopped but now he slowly shook his head and nodded.

“Bloody hell, Buffy. It’s really happening,” he whispered as he took a step forward to take her hand. Buffy’s eyes were full of different emotions; fear, excitement, happiness… She looked at Spike and smiled.

“I guess it is. What timing, huh?”

“Well, now is better anyway, isn’t it? What if I hadn’t gotten home in time?”

Buffy shook her head. “No, it’s not that, although that would’ve been a catastrophe. I finally managed to fix a nice enough dinner and then I go into labor! You’re not gonna believe that I actually did it and it tasted good, I’ll tell you!”

Spike just stared at her for a few second before bursting out laughing. “Buffy, luv, only you could be worried about dinner when you’re having a baby.”

Her eyes widened again. “Oh God, I’m really having a baby!”

“That you are, luv, and if you don’t want to give birth at the airport I suggest we go now,” he smiled and started tugging on her arm. Giles was already a few feet ahead of them, making phone calls and Chelsea had taken Lily with her to the car.

Although Buffy didn’t know what was going to happen in the next hours, she couldn’t be happier or more excited. Spike was home with her and Lily, and now, the little boy would complete their small family.

She looked at Spike adoringly. “I love you,” she whispered. “I can’t believe this is really happening. What a twist of fate, huh? From ‘vacationing-to-get-over-my-ex’ to ‘meeting-the-love-of-my-life-and-having-a-baby’.” She laughed nervously.

Spike hugged her tighter to his side and said with a soft smile. “And this is just the beginning.”


Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading :)