Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks a lot for the kind reviews for chapter 7, I'm so glad you seemed to enjoy it!
This chapter is pretty short, but I decided after a little tak with my beta that I won't post them both at the same time. But I do have the next chapter finished, I'm just waiting to see what you think so please review :)

A big thank you to my beta Chriss, you're the best!
Buffy slowly yawned and blinked a few times when she felt the sun stick her in the eyes. It took her some seconds to realize where she was before she knew it was her sofa. ‘Did I fall asleep here?’ she thought and sighed. Suddenly she felt a movement where her head was, an arm around her shoulders, holding her tight and she sat up as she had been burned.

Spike.

Spike slowly opened his eyes to see a very shocked Buffy.

“Um. Good morning. Did-did we fall asleep?” He asked, uncertain and sat up.

Buffy nervously tucked a strain of hair behind her ear. “Yeah. So it seems.”

They were quiet for a few minutes in an awkward silence until Spike felt the need to ask her. “Buffy, are you okay?”

Buffy shot up her head. “Yeah. Fine, I’m great actually!”

He raised an eyebrow and looked at her skeptically. “Really?”

“Really-really,” she said waving with her hand. “You want breakfast? I can go make some. You sit here.”

Spike watched helplessly as Buffy practically ran out of the living room into the kitchen. Fine my ass. He stood up and walked after her into the other little room. He stopped in the doorway and leant against the doorframe, crossing his arms.

“Buffy, you’re not fine.”

She jumped since she hadn’t heard him come after her and gave him a reassuring smile. “I am. Its okay, Spike.”

“No, you’re not. You’re acting funny.”

“I’m not acting-“

She was cut of by the telephone ringing and she sighed. “Sorry, I’m just gonna go check who it is.”

Spike sighed and watched her walk past him. “Okay, but we’re gonna have to talk after that.”

Buffy nodded and picked up her phone, sighing when she saw Sunnydale’s dialing code. She put the cell in her pocket and walked back to the kitchen.

“You’re not gonna answer that?” Spike asked.

“No. It’s from Sunnydale. Could be Angel,” she simply replied.

“Is that why you’re acting this way? Because of what I said to Angel? I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. I-“

“No, no, Spike. That was good, maybe he can understand that we’re history now. So, thank you.”

“Then what is it?” Spike tilted his head and watched Buffy as she turned around, putting her hands on the island.

“Do I have to spell it out for you?” She smiled.

“Probably not, but I like to see you blush,” Spike grinned, which Buffy just shook her head at. “I do know. But, I can’t see the big deal. You fell asleep. So did I. On the same couch, yes, but nothing happened. It’s normal, I mean I’ve fallen asleep on the couch with Xander, and Fred before. No biggie.” The truth though, was that he hadn’t. Not with someone he considered as a friend, even though he liked her more than that. But he didn’t want to freak her out even more.

“You’re probably right. I was just, shocked. I didn’t remember falling asleep… like that.”

“Me neither.” Spike glanced down, suddenly feeling nervous. “So… We’re okay?”

“We’re okay,” Buffy said, walking to him and giving him a hug. Spike put his arms around her waist and couldn’t resist not smelling her hair. Vanilla.

“So,” Buffy continued, pulling herself out of Spike’s arms, even though she very much would like to stay there. “Are we gonna continue our little mission?”

Spike frowned. “Mission?”

“Yeah, you know the Lily mission?”

“Oh, sorry. Yeah, we should. Considering the weather I’m pretty sure she’s at the beach with her friends. Wanna go there? We can eat breakfast at Tara’s?”

“That’s sounds like a great idea.”

----------------------------------------

Spike and Buffy spent the whole day with Lily and at the end of the day they really felt that they had earned more and more of her trust. But she still hadn’t said anything about her problems at home, which could wait though.

The following days they got to know her more and more. Buffy clearly enjoyed the time she spent with her, but also with Spike. She didn’t want to admit it, but she was falling. He was so nice, caring and everything she ever could have wished for. But how could that last? In a few weeks she was going back to Sunnydale and he was living here – a thousand miles away. And of course, she had made clear more than once that she didn’t want a relationship with him.

Since they met Drusilla at the beach a few days ago, Spike seemed a bit… worried. He hadn’t said anything more about her, except that she was his ex from a long relationship. He had promised to tell her all about her later and Buffy didn’t really complain, though she was a bit curious about their history. Drusilla sure didn’t seem like a normal woman.

She sighed as she made her way through the city, almost a week later. She had decided she needed a walk to clear her mind before they were going to Lilly’s house.

Spike had, when Lily was in the water, picked up her backpack and taken her flip flops. Then they’d have a reason to visit her later.

The thought hit her that she didn’t have anything to read. She had only brought one book with her and that one she was already finished with. Maybe Cornwall had a library? She met an older lady and she decided to ask her.

“Excuse me, do you know if there’s a library somewhere?” Buffy asked her.

“Oh, you’re not from here, are you my dear?”

“No, I’m not,” Buffy smiled. “I’m from California.”

“Then that explains why you didn’t know,” the woman said with a gentle smile. “Actually, there is one at the top of the hill. If you just walk this way a kilometer, and then turn left you will see it. It is a big house, you can’t miss it.”

Buffy thanked the woman and made her way towards the library. About twenty minutes later she started to wonder if she had gone wrong, but just when she was about to walk back she saw a pretty big tree house with high glass windows and a sign with the text “Library”.

“Guess I’m right,” she thought and started to walk to the entrance.

It was big, bigger than it looked outside. There were shelves with tons of books and a comfy little place in the middle with a few pieces of furniture.

“Wow,” Buffy mumbled under her breath.

“Can I help you?”

Buffy turned around to face a kind looking man in a costume and glasses. “Oh, hi. Yes, um, I’m here on vacation and I realized that I can’t be here without a good book so… Here I am,” Buffy smiled. “This is a nice place.”

“Thank you,” the man smiled. “I’m Rupert Giles.”

Buffy’s eyes widened. “The Rupert Giles? The writer?”

Giles laughed. “That would probably be it, yes.”

“Oh my god. I can’t believe this,” Buffy smiled and shook his hand. “I’m Buffy Summers. Totally addicted to your books. So, do you have anything you think I’d like?”