Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay this isn't betaed yet because Gillypod is away on holiday but I' will get her to look at it as soon as she is home...Hope I didn't screw up to bad....and if I did please tell me because I won't take offence to actual advice....

Ps All the standard disclaimer should cover this Buffy and Company belong to Joss Whedon, Fox ect and the song to Miss A Lavinge....

PPs : The wonderful new banner was made by the very talented Smlcspike...Thanks honey...
When You’re Gone.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Buffy wandered aimlessly around her new Roma apartment, on the radio played a new song by one of her favourite female singers and the words just seemed to fill her mood completely. She was silently grieving for her lost lover, and no-one on this God forsaken earth was going to be able to take his place…

She lay on her side of the large bed, in a bedroom shrouded in darkness because of the heavy drapes she’d insisted on hanging to block out the harsh sunlight.


As the song continued to play she wept soulfully praying to no-one in particular that it was all a horrible dream and he would walk back through the door boyish grin in place smirking at her.

Why had she left him there, why didn’t he believe her when she told him she loved him…. “Oh Spike!” she cried out loudly “please I’m lost without you, my heart is in pieces too”

Lying on the floor besides the bed was one of his black tee shirts she’s smuggled into her bag, the morning it all went wrong or was that right? along with his red over shirt, unwashed they still held the smell of his favourite aftershave, the smell of his smokes and whiskey. Gathering them to her she cried herself into a fitful sleep full of strange dreams, where he was alive but with his grandsire in LA.

After a few hours sleep she pulled herself out of the bed and dragged herself to the telephone dialling the number she knew by heart; it was 19 days since he’d been gone. She wanted to talk to the nearest thing he had to a family…

Without wait for anyone to say a thing on an answer at the other end of the line Buffy asked one thing “Angel is he there with you?”

Angel looked at his phone for a moment then his granchilde curled up in the foetal position in his large bed sleeping. “Yes Buffy I won’t lie to you he’s here…” Angel could sense the bond between the two, and why would Buffy call with such a question if deep down in her heart she didn’t know Spike was there with him.

“I’m coming on the next plane don’t let him go anywhere promise me Angel!” Buffy sobbed down the line. “He’s mine and I’m coming for him…”

Stuffing clothes haphazardly in a holdal Buffy grab her purse credit cards and passport off the dresser and called to Dawn “Dawnie he’s back he’s with Angel I’ve got to go to him he needs me”

Rushing into her sister’s dark room Dawn looked at her sister as if she’d lost her mind. “Buffy slow down; who’s back with Angel? It can’t be Spike because he gone you know that honey, your just imagining things because of your loss….”

“No Dawnie I just spoke to Angel, he’s there with him. He didn’t say how, just that he was.” Buffy whole personality was running on hyper she had to get to her soul mate, yes that’s what Spike was her soul mate; because without him she was lost she didn’t want to go on without him…

She hadn’t patrolled at all since he’d been gone because it reminded her of their times together how after the scouring of the cemeteries, they nearly always ended up in each others arms to make passionate love the memories had been too fresh in her mind. Now he was back and she had to get to him. Without him she was suffocating.

Dawn couldn’t let her sister travel in this state by herself and equally grabbed a bag of clothes and passport “come on let go get him.” She encouraged her excited sister thanks to the powers Dawn thought for miracles great and small.

13 hours later a jetlagged Dawn and a still totally wound up Buffy stepped into the elevator of the offices of Wolfram and Harts LA building. Reaching their designated destination they alight through the doors and Buffy felt the tingles of her Lover and soul mate close but not close enough for her….

It was then both Summers girls heard the familiar string of British profanities, as Spike swept through the open doors of Angel office, swearing loudly at his grandsire, his leather duster billowing out behind him like the wings of a great black bat. Sniffing his distaste for his grandsires, his olfactory senses caught the smell of Buffy’s unique aroma, immediately forgetting his quarrel with Angel he looked to see the love of his unlife crumple into a heap on the floor of the reception. “my God Buffy” he gasped as he gathered her in his arms…

She let her tears of joy wash over her, he was really back like he’d never been gone. And she knew one thing for certain she was never going to let him go again, as she kissed him passionately she heard the song she been playing not 24 hours ago over the piped radio in the building play… Maybe the song wasn’t written for them but the words had seemed so right for them….

The End….
AVRIL LAVIGNE Lyrics
WHEN YOU'RE GONE

I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd need you there when I cry
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
And the bed where you lie is made up on your side

When you walk away I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now

[Chorus]
When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missing you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missing too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear to always get me through the day and make it ok
I miss you

I've never felt this way before
Everything that I do reminds me of you
And the clothes you left, they lie on the floor
And they smell just like you, I love the things that you do

When you walk away I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now

[Chorus]

We were made for each other
Out here forever
I know we were, yeah
All I ever wanted was for you to know
Everything I'd do, I'd give my heart and soul
I can hardly breathe I need to feel you here with me, yeah

[Chorus]

Lyrics delivered by www.mp3lyrics.org

A/N: I heard this song and the first thing that came in my mind was Spuffy it just needing writing so here it is…Hope you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it …If you did maybe let me know in a review?
....

Okay one of my reviews told me about A Spuffy vid that uses this song so I went found and swiped the code....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXFxg1zb4F4

Thanks to Nadya149 on You tube who made the video....