Chapter 12
Joyce looked back over at Spike and asked, "Are you going to be sticking around for a while?"

Spike shot an uncomfortable look over at Buffy, not sure of the reaction he would find on her face in response to her mum's question. To his relief, she was merely regarding him with curiosity, not in the abject horror and fear he had anticipated. "Uh.. yeah, think so." He finally said, looking over at Buffy again and noted the relief that settled over her features at his words.

Joyce nodded once with satisfaction and said, "Good, I'm glad to hear that. Buffy's going to need some help, and well, I'm not sure how much help I'm going to be for a while."

Spike found himself completely gobsmacked. This was a concept that he could hardly fathom, that his company was apparently both needed and wanted. That warm feeling inside him was quickly gaining the heat of a meteor, and he knew there was a sappy grin on his face. Buffy's mum was a right decent lady, and Spike found himself glad that she was going to be ok.

Luckily Blake broke the sudden emotionally charged silence with a request to be picked up. Spike was more than happy to comply, swinging him easily into his arms with Blake threw his pudgy arms around his neck. Joyce and Buffy watched this interaction with interest, both sharing a tender smile. Spike took him over to the window and began pointing things out in the well lit up parking lot, with Blake hanging onto his every word and engaging his dad in a myriad of questions that bounced from one topic to another.

"He's good with him." Joyce announced quietly, watching them.

"Yeah, he is." Buffy replied just as softly, knowing that Spike could most likely hear every word spoken.

Joyce turned to look at her daughter and concern was etched heavily on her weary features. "He won't hurt you again, will he?"

Buffy was silent for just a moment, she had been watching Spike and had witnessed his body tensing at her mom's question.. Then in a voice barely over a whisper, she admitted, "No."

Spike turned to look at Buffy and the naked raw emotion in his eyes was such a far cry from the rude cocky vampire she thought she knew, that a tiny gasp escaped. Turning his attention to her mother, Spike announced quietly, "I won't hurt them, Joyce. You have my word."

Joyce appeared a bit startled by the revelation, and Buffy couldn't help the small giggle that escaped at her confusion. "Vampire, mom. Means all senses are enhanced, including hearing."

"Oh."

Spike brought Blake over to the bed. "Yeah, and you should see how your daughter abused my sense of smell on the way over here."

Joyce sent a smile in his direction. "Aromatherapy?"

"If that's what you want to call it."

The banter was cut off by the arrival of a nurse bearing pain medication for Joyce, and Buffy felt her first hint of jealousy when the young attractive nurse spent a bit too much time talking and looking at Spike. Buffy saw the blatant inspection of his ring finger before the lecherous eyes traveled to inspect Buffy's hand. Before she even realized she did it, Buffy had moved right next to Spike and pressed herself against his side in an obvious effort to claim ownership. To let the nurse know that this was HER guy.

A minute later, reality crashed in and Buffy realized exactly what she had done. She looked up at Spike and stiffened at the highly amused smirk on his face and was poised to move away, but he made good use of the opportunity by snaking his arm out to keep her pinned to his side. Buffy's first instinct was to struggle, and she just barely managed to quell that urge, especially since this close proximity to him was making her Slayer sense rattle like a fire alarm. But then she realized it wasn't just her slayer sense, it was that delicious feeling in the pit of her stomach again, and she finally allowed herself to relax under his tight grip.

Coolly efficient now that the line had been drawn, the nurse finished pushing the narcotic pain medication into Joyce's IV tubing and crossed the room to throw the empty syringe in the red Sharps container by the sink. In a pleasant professional voice, she asked Joyce if she needed anything else. Joyce shook her head, highly amused by her daughter's blatant possessiveness. With a flirty toss of her hair and a wink in Spike's direction, the nurse turned to leave the room.

Spike turned his head to look at Buffy just in time to catch the lethal glare she had sent in the nurse's direction as she passed through the door. Under her breath, Buffy muttered, "Geez, unprofessional much?"

Eyes twinkling, Spike teased, "oooh, the little kitten has claws."

Buffy broke away from Spike's hold, finding her capacity for thought diminished in such close proximity to his body. Assuming an innocent air, she stuck her nose in the air and informed him haughtily, "I don't know what you're talking about."

Joyce and Spike exchanged amused glances over the top of Buffy's head, which thankfully she missed. Seeing that the pain medication was starting to make Joyce sleepy, Spike announced they should probably be on their way. Buffy opened her mouth to argue, then saw her mom's drooping eyelids, and allowed Spike to be correct. Saying their goodbye's and giving her mom a kiss, they walked out the door towards the elevator.

Spike pushed the button for the 2nd floor, and Buffy looked at him like he had the IQ of a idiot. "We need the ground floor, brainiac."

Spike sent narrowed eyes in her direction, but replied in an easy tone. "Know that. Need to stop off on 2. Feeling a bit peckish."

The horror returned to Buffy's eyes as she realized what he meant. "Oh no you don't! If you think I'm going to let you kill someone while you're with me, you're so totally mistaken."

Spike sent her another look, this one Buffy was unable to interpret. 'Not gonna. GI floor, y'no? Lots of bleeders, they always keep extra blood on hand in case someone starts bleeding out."

"Oh." Buffy answered, feeling slightly placated. "Wait, you're going to steal it?"

"Well, yeah. Can't exactly buy it off of them, now can I?"

"No." Buffy admitted in a surly tone. "Fine, just go do it. We'll wait in the car."

"Don't know what this attitude is about Slayer, it's a lot easier for me just to go out and kill someone, you know. I'm doing this bagged thing for you."

The doors opened on 2, and Spike was gone like a black shadow, striding purposefully down the hall. How he thought he was going to manage walking away with blood in the middle of a crowded hospital floor, she had not a clue. But yet, she didn't doubt his pending success. And then she had to admit, he was right. It WAS easier for him just to go kill someone. Now how sad was that? Grrr...It made her head hurt. If he was going to be sticking around on any type of regular basis, she'd have to see what she could to to fix him up with a constant supply. She didn't want his diet to be an issue between them, they had enough stuff to deal with.

Buffy had barely gotten Blake buckled into his car seat before Spike threw open the driver's seat door, causing Buffy to jump in alarm. "I thought you were getting blood." She accused, allowing herself to relax from her attack stance.

He turned to look at her with an amused smirk before he pulled a few bags out of his duster pocket and threw them at her. "I did." He informed her unnecessarily.

"Ok, I so don't want to know the details." Buffy muttered, shaking her head. She handed Blake a sippy cup of juice then got herself buckled up as Spike started the car and they headed back to Buffy's house. The ride back was spent in comfortable silence, marred with periods of incessant chatter from the youngest occupant of the car. Spike didn't appear to be harboring any lingering resentment over her attitude about the blood, and Buffy found herself grateful for that. She didn't even say anything when he shifted into game face for a second to bite down into one of the bags, before shifting back and drinking the blood greedily. He kept looking over at her expecting a comment from her, but was treated with a friendly silence.

But when they got home, and Buffy walked through her front door, it hit her that she was totally alone with Spike, and that's when her mind exploded with the possibilities. No, don't let your thoughts go there, she chastised herself frantically. Look at how well that turned out last time. Pinning her eyes on the ground so she didn't have to look at him, she missed the curious look he gave her.

"So now what?" Spike asked, setting Blake down in the living room.

Buffy shot her head up, a startled look on her face. "Huh?"

Amused, but finding himself reluctant to add fuel to her obvious uneasiness, he tipped his head in Blake's direction. "The boy. Does he have some sort of night time ritual or any such rot?"

"Oh yeah. Sure thing. I mean, yes, he does. Maybe you can like, uh, change his diaper while I go get his jammies?" Buffy asked, ready to bolt from the room, becoming more and more unnerved by his commanding presence the longer she stood there.

Spike looked at her like she was daft in the head, but she was already gone, escaping the room. And him. He sighed and turned to his son. "Right, diaper." He looked around the room, then looked back at Blake and said "Wouldn't happen to know where the diapers are at, would ya?"

Without a verbal response, Blake walked over to a basket in the corner and got a diaper out and held it out to Spike who took it with a slightly horrified look on his face. Changing a diaper wasn't something he thought he'd ever be doing, that much was certain. Didn't exactly fit the criteria for being bad and evil. "Ok, now what?" He asked, hoping his son would be helpful once again.

Luck was on his side. Blake laid down on the floor and looked up at Spike expectantly. Letting go of another sigh, Spike muttered, "Right. Well, here goes nothing." he crouched down on the floor and managed to get Blake's pants off without mishap. He stared at the diaper on his son trying to figure out what the blasted thing, then realized there was some velcro numbers on the side that held the sides together. Huh, how 'bout that. Guess modern day conveniences stretched to include updated diapers.

He got the soaked diaper off, with Blake lending some assistance, and began to get a feeling of accomplishment, half the job was done. But if he'd looked at his son's face just then, he would have taken note of the lips curving up into a mischievous smirk that was almost identical to Spike's own.

Spike was just reaching for the clean diaper when he heard Buffy yell from the top of the stairs. "Oh, if you're changing his diaper, be careful." Before Spike could ask what she meant, a stream of urine shot out, coating the arm of Spike's leather duster and spraying the floor. "Bloody HELL!" He yelled, his mind frozen on how to handle this situation. He looked at his son and finally noticed the smirk. "Oh you, you did that on purpose, dinnit ya?"

Peals of giggles were his answer, and Spike just shook his head in disbelief, then called, "Hey Buffy, get that cute bum down here. Your boy just peed everywhere."

Buffy came into the room and rolled her eyes at the horrified look on Spike's face. "I told you to be careful!"

"He peed on me."

"Well, duh." Buffy threw him the box of wipes, and with a ferocious scowl sent in her direction, Spike grabbed a few and cleaned up the mess his son had made. He shrugged out of his duster and wiped it carefully off.

Blake still had a wide pleased smile on his face, and Spike growled, "It's not funny." The boy just continued to smile, and Spike felt his resolve weaken. "Ok fine, maybe it is a bloody good trick, but save it for someone who's not your da, got it?" Spike managed to get the diaper on, albeit a little crooked, but he felt satisfied with himself for his accomplishment nonetheless. Buffy handed him the pajamas she had retrieved from his room, and Spike managed to get those on as well. Spike leaned back to admire his success, feeling a tad proud of himself.

The next hour was spent going through Blake's usual bedtime ritual, and Buffy didn't allow herself feel apprehensive, this was her time with Blake and she didn't let anything interfere. But as soon as she kissed Blake goodnight, and they shut his bedroom door, her nerves slammed right back into her.

With Buffy's tightly coiled emotions written clearly across her face, Spike found himself making an attempt to put her at ease. "Fancy a bit of telly, pet?"

Without looking at him, Buffy nodded and headed down the stairs. Spike found her huddled on the couch, remote in hand, her gaze intent on the television screen before her. He sat down next to her, and his jaw tightened when he saw her stiffen at his close proximity. She still wouldn't look at him, keeping her attention focused on the corny sitcom on TV. He could tell by her unfocused eyes that she wasn't really watching it, just fixing her stare on it to avoid having to look at him.

"What's wrong?" He found himself asking in exasperation.

Buffy flinched at his tone, pressing herself further away from him. "Nothing."

Spike grabbed the remote from her hand and flicked the TV off. "Dammit, would you talk to me?"

Buffy took a deep calming breath, then look over at him. She expected the anger she found brewing on his face, but it was the confusion mixed in with it that had her relaxing slightly. "I'm sorry." She mumbled, wrapping her arms around her tighter.

"Did I do something?"

Buffy started to shake her head no, then sighed and decided to go for the truth. "I'm probably being stupid, but... being alone with you like this kinda brings back some not so good memories for me."

Spike let his head fall back against the back of the couch, and looked up at the ceiling. Silence filled the room for several uncomfortable minutes before Spike finally said, "I'm sorry. I think I said that before, but this time I actually mean it. All I can say is that will never happen again."

"What won't?"

"Me trying to hurt you."

The obvious sincerity in his voice brought Buffy's head up sharply to look into his eyes. When he reached over and took her hand, she didn't pull away, just kept her eyes locked on the intense stormy eyes that seemed to be peering into her soul. "What can I do to show you I mean it?" he asked gently, rubbing the roughened pad of his thumb over the top of her hand.

Buffy shocked herself as much as she did Spike by closing the distance between them and pressing her lips to his. Again, it was like someone else had taken possession of her body, making her do the one thing that her entire being craved. It took him less than a second to respond, as he let his mouth move against hers in a dance that was both completely foreign to him yet hauntingly familiar. He reached over and hauled her into his lap, while his lips increased the pressure, his tongue thrusting into her mouth in a frantic sweep. Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck and rose up so she was straddling his hips where he sat on the couch. His hands were everywhere at once, and Buffy could feel a ripple of desire shoot through her at his intimate touch.

There wasn't a flicker of doubt that she shouldn't be doing this with him, not like there should have been, and Buffy gave it barely a moment's notice that there was no fear, only desire. And strangely, a fragile trust that he would be a monster of his word, he would not hurt her again. She drew back slightly and ripped her t-shirt off, baring her bra clad torso to his hungry eyes. Reaching behind her, she unsnapped her bra and let it slip slowly from her shoulders before he grabbed it in a fit of impatience and threw it on the floor.

"So fucking beautiful." He murmured, burying his face in the valley between her breasts before he turned his head and captured one rosy nipple in his mouth, teasing it with his tongue. Buffy gasped at the sensation, it felt like the was a connection between her sensitive nipples directly to that throbbing place between her legs that begged for his attention. Without even realizing it, Buffy found herself grinding her mound against the hard protrusion that lay beneath Spike's jeans, unable to stand the sweet ache.

She was glad she had worn a skirt when Spike's skilled hands deftly lifted up the hem and shoved the crotch of her panties out of the way, allowing his fingers to rub against her engorged nub. Buffy reached down and undid the buckle on his jeans, frantic for another glimpse of him. This shouldn't be happening like this, she thought fleetingly as she struggled with the buttons. But she was helpless to stop, she wanted him. And that was the part that had tormented her the most during the last two years, knowing that even after what he had done, what he was, she knew she still desired him, and the self disgust over that knowledge had been the hardest cross that she had to bear. But now, she was free to admit it to herself. Vampire or not, she wanted him inside her again.

Breaking her mouth away from his, she muttered against his jaw, "Can't get the buttons undone."

Not stilling the worship his hands were bestowing upon her body, he managed to ask "You sure 'bout this, luv?
Buffy nodded emphatically, leaning in to kiss that succulent mouth again as Spike worked his buttons free with one hand, his erection now free from its prior restrictive confine, curving up in a hard arc towards his abdomen. Buffy dragged his shirt over his head, frantic in her need to touch as much of his cool firm flesh as possible, her hands sliding over rock hard muscles and pale satiny skin, before trailing downward to grab his engorged shaft in her hand. Spike moaned at her touch, closing his eyes and tipping his head back against the cushion behind. Unable to wait, Buffy shifted herself and poised herself over his thick member before slowly sinking down. A bit of feminine satisfaction came when Spike's eyes flew open, filled with wonderment and awe at the intense feeling of being enveloped in her hot moist sheath, inch by agonizing inch.

"Oh god, baby." He moaned, clutching at her hips to keep her still when she had taken him inside her to the hilt, afraid he would come right then. Looking up in to her face, he asked "Does this hurt?"

Buffy shook her head no, smiling down at him as she trailed her index finger softly down the side of his face, tracing his chiseled jaw. She began to move against him, and he couldn't help but thrust up into her each time, watching her face carefully for any sign of pain. He was determined to do right by her this time, and actually now felt sick at the thought that he had hurt her before. Of course he had hopes that the evening would wind up with them shagging, but he didn't really think things would progress this far, and he wasn't about to push her. She shocked him though by initiating this, and now it was hitting home yet again just how special this girl was.

Using his hands on her hips as guidance, he showed her the best way to move against him, liking that he was the one who got to introduce her to these things. He could see things were building up for her by the enthralled look on her face, and took one now unneeded hand off of her shapely hip and pressed his thumb against her sensitive clit. His own thrusts were becoming more demanding, and he could feel things beginning to tighten up, but he wanted her to get off first. With a loud cry, Buffy's orgasm broke over her, sending delicious shivers through every cell in her body, causing all of her muscles to lock up simultaneously before she collapsed into a boneless heap against Spike's bare chest.

That extra squeeze coupled with seeing Buffy's face as she got off was what Spike needed to send him into his own orgasm. With a snarl, he clutched her tight while he spurted his seed into her core, his body convulsing with each ejaculation, before he joined Buffy as a boneless heap.

"Fuck, that was amazing." Spike panted, holding her tight in a desperate attempt to keep physical contact with her.

Buffy groaned, "Oh god, my legs are totally asleep." Spike looked up at her, then after pressing a quick kiss to her lips, hauled her up and stretched out on the couch, placing her to sprawl on top of him. "Oh my god, I so cannot believe we just had sex on my mother's couch."

"Well, we'll just have to keep that little tidbit to ourselves then, won't we?" Spike replied teasingly, stroking the back of her head gently. He had this sudden fear that she was going to regret what they had just done, and was steeling his emotions against it.

"Yeah, I guess so." Buffy replied tiredly, pressing her cheek against his chest.

"I didn't hurt you, did I?"

Buffy lifted her head up and stared at him. "What? No!"

She could see the relief enter his intense blue eyes and she leaned up to kiss him gently then whispered in his ear, "Wanna go play up in my room?"

His eyes darkened with desire, and with a high pitched squeak, she found herself scooped up in his arms and on her way up the stairs. She looked down at herself, shirt off, skirt all hiked up and grimaced. Then she looked down and saw that Spike's pants were still on, and she began to giggle. With a playful growl, he threw her on her bed, kicked off the offending jeans and flung himself at her. This time, he wanted to do things slowly, show Buffy exactly how talented he was, but again, she was an impatient wench and spoiled his plans.

Hours later, Buffy found herself sore in all the right places, a languid feeling having taken up residence in her body, and she couldn't move even if she wanted to. It had been a night of sharing and learning, about learning how to trust and getting past the fact that she was the Slayer and he was a vampire. It ceased to matter anymore. Sometime during the night, she realized Spike was having trouble keeping his demon back, and told him to let it go. When he questioned her about her motives, she told him quite simply that she had to know that she was safe from his demon also. He merely nodded then allowed his face to change instead of fighting to keep it back, and he was humbled by Buffy's willingness to trust him that much. After what his demon had done to her, she was still willing to take a chance. As soon as his demon came to the forefront, Spike realized that there was no problem here, his demon was just as taken by this girl as he was. He made no attempt to bite her, although the urge to do just that was almost overpowering, and after they had both come down from mind numbing orgasms, Buffy had gently traced the distorted ridges of his forehead, pressing gentle kisses along his cheek and said a quiet "Thank you." Spike didn't reply, just gave her a heart felt smile that spoke volumes
It was near dawn when they finally collapsed into each other's arms, utterly exhausted by a full night of lovemaking. Buffy fell quickly into an utterly exhausted sleep, tucked in the naked embrace of the demon she had let worship her all night. Spike watched her drift off, feeling oddly proud of himself at the contented smile on her face, and settled himself against the pillows to get some much deserved rest.
``````

Xander and Willow walked through the library doors after second period and found Giles deeply engrossed in research, only looking up when Xander cleared his throat in gross exaggeration.

"Yes?" Giles asked a bit impatiently.

"Have you talked to Buffy?" Xander asked.

All impatience fled to be replaced by concern. "No, she hasn't been by yet this morning. Why?"

"Uh, she wasn't in class this morning." Willow informed him.

Giles eyebrows knitted together as he pondered this information. "Well, perhaps we should give her a call." He went through the library cage and picked up the phone, dialing Buffy's number. He was visibly upset when he rejoined the two teens in the main part of the library. "There appears to be no answer."

"And why am i thinking that I'm going to get to say I Told You So?" Xander announced unhelpfully.

"I believe I am going to go over to her house, she may be in need of assistance."

"I'm going with you." Xander informed him forcefully, and Giles decided not to argue the matter. Willow returned to class, having a major chemistry test the next period. Within moments, Giles closed up the library once again during school hours, and he and Xander were on their way to Buffy's house.

Giles parked next to Spike's black monstrosity in the driveway, and he felt somewhat reassured that the vampire at least still appeared to be in Sunnydale. However, the state in which they might find Buffy and Blake was what was truly cause for concern. Walking up the front steps, Giles rang the doorbell and his unease grew when there was no answer. Xander tried the door and found it unlocked, slowly pushing it open as he called Buffy's name.

They walked into the front room and looked around. Nothing seemed too out of place, Giles frowned when he noticed the blankets Spike had previously used on the chair. They both managed to miss the few choice clothing articles strewn about before they headed up the stairs. Giles peeked into Blake's room, sure he was going to find a bloodbath there, but was greeted by a sleeping toddler sucking his thumb. He and Xander continued down the hall to the partially opened door to Buffy's room with great trepidation, and the sight that was waiting for them in was more horrifying than Giles could possibly have imagined.

His Slayer was sprawled naked on top of equally naked vampire, their bare limbs entwined, her head pillowed on his silent chest with his arms wrapped around her protectively. A slight effort had been made to cover up, but the sheet had gotten as far as the curve where her ass met her thigh, and did nothing to hide this stark brutal reality. Both of them were deeply asleep, Spike's chin resting on top of Buffy's head.

"Holy crap." Xander uttered in a shocked voice.

That quietly uttered expletive served to do what a phone call, the doorbell and calling her name refused to do, it woke Spike up. His sleepy eyes opened and immediately hardened when he caught sight of them in the door way. "Stop your bloody staring." He ordered in a dangerous voice. Buffy shifted in her sleep, trying to burrow herself deeper against him and sighed in contentment.

Both Giles and Xander found themselves helpless to do anything but stare, causing Spike to growl, "Get your sodding eyeball off of her, do you understand?" That finally served to wake Buffy up and she lifted her head up from its comfortable pillow to peer into his face, confusion overriding her weariness. But when she saw his penetrating glare directed over her head towards the doorway, she turned to see what had captured his interest so intensely.

"Oh GOD!!! " She cried, scrambling to draw the sheet over her to hide her nakedness from their horrified and probing eyes. Her cheeks flushed red with mortification, her embarrassment palpable.

"Buffy.....?" Xander said, unable to finish, and unable to tear his eyes away either.

"I told you to stop bloody looking at her!" Spike snarled, but his movements were gentle when he moved Buffy off him and to the side. "Get out, now."

Stunned beyond all comprehension, Giles tried to get his brain to jump start, but he couldn't get his body to obey Spike's commands. "Spike, I.."

Giles and Xander suddenly found a vampire in full game face charging towards them, rage clearly present on his demonic features. "I told you sods to stop fucking looking at her!" Spike roared with a savage snarl.

With no time to scramble for the stakes they had brought, Giles and Xander did the only thing possible for their self preservation that they could. They beat a hasty retreat, their hearts pounding with fear and anticipation. But instead of the savage attack they were expecting, they found themselves with the door to Buffy's bedroom slammed in their faces. Looking at one another, relief hit them at the same time and they both slumped against the wall.

"Well, I hope they used birth control this time." Xander announced snidely, finding himself feeling out of sorts now that the fear and shock had worked their way out of his system.

"Oh good lord."
tbc...

Yes, I am stopping it here, but hey extra long chapter, so yeah me! And nice pretty reviews WILL get me working on the next chapter that much sooner. *hint hint* :) I want to thank Maidenro for passing along the diaper changing idea, see, told ya I was going to use it!! Thanks for all the pretty reviews I've already gotten, they serve to feed my addiction.