Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for all your reviews, I am not sure if I will be able to update next week or not as I have to go away part of this week. Thanks to spikes mrs for editting this and again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Millionaire’s Bride


Chapter 21


2 weeks after Faith and Robin left England to go home, Anya walks into William’s office with the mail, to find Buffy sleeping quietly on the couch beside William.


“I brought the mail in with me.” Anya says as she puts the mail down on the desk.


Looking up from where he was sitting on the couch beside Buffy and reading the papers on his lap, he says “I take it you had a good trip?”


“Yes thank you for allowing us to spend the extra week; I had a lot more orgasms because of it.” Anya told him with a great big smile on her face, but then looks quickly to the sleeping women beside him.


Seeing where her eyes went, he says “She is sick, a cold or something; I wanted her with me so I can keep and eye on her. Is there anything important in the mail?”


“I will have to look through it and get back to you, but I wanted to know what you planned on doing for your Birthday this year?” Anya asked him.


“I was thinking about going public about the engagement.” William told her.


“You know your going to have trouble about that from some people.” Anya tells them then quickly adds “especially Harmony.”


“I really don’t care about what she thinks or wants, we broke up no actually we were never really together and you know that.” William says letting his anger get the better of him and waking up Buffy in the process.


“Who’s Harmony?” Buffy asks as she wakes up.


“Bugger” Spike said under his breath, before he turned and looked down at Buffy. “What would you like to know?”


“If you are worried about her I would like to know why?” Buffy told him as she tried to sit up.


Helping Buffy up, he says to her, “You know I had a bad time in my life.”


At her nod he continued, “A few months after I broke up with Dru I was still depressed and I went out one night to a pub. I met Harmony, she was a working girl of sort, and a cheap one, not that money was an option, I brought her home with me.” Looking directly into Buffy eyes he says “I am not proud of what I did with her, but at the time I only wanted one thing, Sex, once say said she was in love with me I kicked her out.”


“So she was your whore?” Buffy asked not really letting any emotions come out at all on her face.


“Yes, are you mad at me about it?” William asks a little unsure.


“Do you still want her or any other, or am I your whore now?” Buffy asks now that she has let him see her emotions.


“No, to all those questions. I love you and you are not a Whore to me, I had decided when I went away that I would change and try to find someone to settle down with when I came back. You were just an unexpected bonus, I was not looking for love when I saw you, but knew I was in love with you by the end of that first night when you said you would go out with me.” He informs her with all the honesty in his voice.


“Good, because I don’t want to be a whore to anyone else.” Buffy says as she leans up to kiss him.


“I love you, now why don’t you try and go back to sleep.”


“I love you too.” She tells him.


Turning his attention back to Anya he says “Will there be anything else?”


“Just was checking the mail, you got a party invite the same as every year. Should I tell them you will be going and bringing your fiancée?” Anya asks, as she tells him about the invite.


“When is it?” William asked.


“May 15.” Anya told him.


“We will be in attendance still some time till the baby is born; I don’t know how long we will stay.” William tells her honestly.


“I will tell them, now why don’t you take her upstairs for some rest.” Anya suggest to him.


Gently shaking her, he says quietly, “Buffy, luv lets go upstairs and get some rest.”


“Okay” she says as she starts to get up then stops. “Wait, when is your birthday?” She then asks.


“In about 2 weeks.” He tells her.


“Oh okay.” Was all she said and then finished getting up, to go upstairs with William.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


1 Week later, Buffy was in Giles office for a check up.


As she lay down on the table Giles asks her, “How are you feeling Buffy?”


“A little better, I have been able to keep food down these last couple of days, and my strength is coming back.”


“That is good, are you still tired all the time?” Giles asked her.


“A little is it normal?” Buffy asks as she bites her lip.


“Some times, but it could be from your cold too, so I would continue to rest.” Giles tells her.


“Spike has been seeing to me getting lots of rest.” She tells him, not mentioning what else he is giving her lots of.


“Master William loves you so I am sure he is. Now why don’t we check on how that baby is doing too?” Giles suggests as he picks up the baby heart monitor.


After listening to the baby’s heart beat as well as checking other things out with Buffy’s health he say, “Well everything looks good, I will see you in a few weeks. If anything happens don’t hesitate to come and see me.” He then helps her off the table.


“Thanks Giles, I will see you in a few weeks.” Buffy says leaving the room, to go and search for Spike.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


1 Week later, in the evening paper.


The Evening Standard April 16
William Prattel would like to announce his engagement to a young American Buffy Anne Summer. No date has been set for the upcoming wedding but sources do say the couple are extremely happy and also expecting their first child shortly.

Underneath the article there is a picture of Buffy and William together.


Across the city there are 2 women truly out raged at the fact he is getting engaged.


“Oh my William, she is not right for you.” One dark haired woman says when she reads the front page of the paper.


“Blondie Bear, your mine,” A blonde women shrieks, waking the man in bed beside her.