Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks again to spikes mrs for looking this over for me. Also thanks for the reviews, Please read authors note at start of chapter, if you are not sure about this fic. I don't own them just like to play with them.
Millionaire’s Bride

AN: I am sorry I have to say this, I received a review telling me that my Characters where not acting like Buffy and Spike on the show and that I should be re-watching the show, to write them.

So I have to address this: first of all, I am currently writing a Fantasy AU, which means it is in another universe. Buffy is not the Slayer and Spike is not a Vampire. He is also a business name, cut-throat I mean business, Business man. He goes after what he wants and normally gets it, which in a way is some of like what he was like on the show. Buffy is.. Well I am not sure what you would call Buffy right now, think of it more as a Parker situation and you have it, but she feel in love with Spike and didn’t move as fast with him. She is young, just had her boyfriend leave her after 2 years and is still hurt by the abandonment of her father a few years earlier.

Yes Spike is older by 10 years, but many women go for that. I am sorry if I have lost any readers, I do enjoy writing this fic, as I normally do Vamp/Slayer fics, But again I state this is a Fantasy fic, in another universe.

Thank you
smlcspike


Chapter 4


*****3 Months later*****


Walking back into his room at the Temptation Arms, the first thing Spike does is go over and pick up his phone to try calling Buffy and lets her know he is back in Sunnydale.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****Conversation between Willow and Spike*****


Hearing her phone ring, Willow gets up and answers it, “Hello.”


Hello, I was wondering if Buffy Summers would be around.” Spike says answering her hello.


“I’m sorry she doesn’t live here anymore.” Willow informs him while wondering if she should give him Buffy’s phone number, but then thinks better of it.


“Do you know where I can reach her?” He asks trying to keep the surprise and anger out of his voice, after all the least she could have done was give him her new number.


“No I am sorry; I don’t know where she is living right now.” Willow tells him hoping he doesn’t detect the lie from her voice.


“That’s fine sorry to have bothered you.” Spike tells her clearly dejected, that he can’t get a hold of Buffy.


“It’s not a problem, who may I ask was calling if I see her around campus?” Willow asks.


“Spike, she will know who it is.”


“Alright, good bye.”


“Good bye”

____________________________________________________________________________________


After she hangs up with Spike she calls Xander who is currently on watch over Buffy duty. Hearing the phone ring 3 times, Willow says to herself “Come on pick up Xander.”, and then she hears a “Hello” over the receiver.


“Xander?” Willow tentively questions.


“Yeah Willow, it’s me. What can I do for you?” He asks wondering why his friend was calling right now.


“He’s back, Xander.”


“Whose back?” Xander questions her.


Just then they both hear Buffy whimper “Spike” in here sleep.


“That’s who, Spike is back, and he just called and was looking for Buffy.”


“What did you tell him?” Xander questions him.


“Nothing, he just knows she doesn’t live here anymore, I didn’t answer any of his questions, besides it is not like she is going to be able to call him with the state she is in right now.” Willow points out to him.


“I know;” It’s just I don’t know what we should be doing sometimes, it might help if we had more help sometimes.” Xander tells him while thinking that she is getting to be too much for the 4 of them to handle, and it has only been 3 weeks.


“So what do you want me to do try and go thru her things to find his phone number, do you want me to call him back and say hey I lied to you I know where Buffy is and she needs you. Tell me what to do Xander, because I don’t know what to do to help my best friend either.” Willow cries.


“I know you don’t, its okay Will we will get through this.” Xander reassures her.


“Besides if he truly loves her, he will try and get in contact with her again somehow, then we will go from there.” Willow points out to him.


“Alright we will do it your way, now I better get back to Buffy.”


“I’ll see you tomorrow, bye Xander.”


“Bye Wills.”


They both disconnect their calls and go back to doing what they were doing before; Willow received the call from Spike.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****The next day*****


Spike spends the morning looking for Buffy on campus; he goes to where all her classes were located even though he knows it would be a new semester, with it being January. After spending the morning, searching for Buffy and not finding her anywhere, he even asked a few people that looked like they would be in first year just like her, he heads back to the hotel and starts to look through his pictures of her, after a while he gets the idea to make signs and spends the rest of the day making up Have you seen this girl signs, so he can go back and put them up at the campus tomorrow.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****The next day again*****


Spike goes back to the campus in the afternoon and spends a good couple of hours putting signs up anywhere he can think of the dorms all the bulletin boards on campus and even around some trees. Then he goes back to the Hotel orders room service and waits to be called hoping he won’t have to wait to long.


Willow comes out of her computer science class and starts to head to a new class when someone, calls to her “Hey Willow isn’t that your old roommate and friend?”


Looking up she takes the sign off the wall and reads it, puts it in her bag and makes a note to show it to Xander when she goes over to Buffy’s tonight.


____________________________________________________________________________________


3 hours later, Willow is sitting in Buffy’s living room, talking to Xander about the sign.


“Look what has been put up at school today.” She says as she takes out the sign Spike has made, and put up all over the place.


“So you were right, so now what do we do?” Xander questions.


“We call him, it might help Buffy if he was here, we all know she wants him in some way and I do believe the baby is his. If you were apart from someone you loved would you not want them with you?” Willow questions him after she points a few things out to him.


“Fine then, you call, I will get back to her” Xander say, as he gets off the couch and heads back upstairs to sit with Buffy again.


After Xander leaves the room, she walks over and picks up the sign Spike has made and brings it with her to the phone. She then dials the number and waits for it to be answered, surprised the number is a direct link to his room, “Hello, Spike speaking how may I help you?” She hears into the phone, while waiting for it to be answered.


“Hi, I saw your sign and might have some information for you.”


Trying to hide his excitement, he says “Really.”


“Yes did you want to meet some where so we can discuss it?” Willow asks him, knowing full well he will.


“God, yes when can we meet?”


“I’ll meet you in an hour at the Espresso Pump; do you know where it is?” Willow tells him, and then remembers he is not from here so he might not.


“Yes, I have been there before, but how will I know its you?” Spike questions her.


“I have seen you before, with Buffy so I know what you look like.” Willow informs him.


“Alright see you then, pet.”


“Good bye Spike.”


“Good bye.”


Spike hangs up with a smile on his face and picks up the phone again and says, into it so his bodyguards will know, “We have a place to be in an hour, and somebody knows something about Buffy.” Then he hangs up to go and get ready.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****1 hour later, Espresso Pump*****


Spike is sitting at a table with his 2 bodyguards, Gunn and this time Angel, since Wesley’s wife Tara, just had their baby, when Willow walks in and goes to grab a coffee, before sitting down at the table with Spike.

“So do you always bring company with you?” She asks trying to relax a bit, since she knows it won’t be easy once Spike knows What she has to say.


“I can have them move farther away if you would like.” Spike tells her.


“It’s fine, I know why you have them, Mr. Prattel, we actually read about you in class a couple of weeks ago, don’t worry I only know your full identity because Buffy mentioned your full name once.” Willow tells him, but also wanting him to know he is safe as long as he doesn’t go around screaming his name around college students.

“Right then, shall we get down to business?” He asks Willow.


“It would be a good idea, because I have to relieve Xander soon, he has been with her all day, and has to go to work soon.” Willow tells him.


“What’s wrong Red?” Spike asks thinking to himself that it was strange she would have to relieve Xander soon.


Willow lets out a laugh, before stating, “I don’t know where to start.”


“Why don’t you start with why Buffy moved out of the dorm she shared with you and why you lied on the phone the other day?” Spike states.


“Buffy quit college, her mother took sick again about a month and a half ago, she moved out to take care of her mother, then when she found out she was pregnant, she had a huge fight with her mother, and quit college as well. One week later her mother died, after the funeral, she wanted to stay at the grave site a bite longer, so we left her there for a while, a couple hours later it started to get dark so I went back with Xander, which is where we found her. She was sitting with no tears in her eyes but not reflecting anything either. It is like she is just blank in there. According to the doctors she is depressed and should snap out of it eventually.”


“Why haven’t the doctors given he anything, and is the baby mine?” Spike asks.


“She hasn’t come right out and said you are the father, we haven’t really had a chance to talk about all of this, but I know she was not with anyone else, and she is not far enough along for it to be Riley’s. As for not giving her anything, it would harm the baby.” Willow was about to continue when her cell phone rang, she opens it and sees that it is Xander, so she turns back to Spike and says “Excuse me, have to take this.”


“Xander, what’s wrong?” She asks as she answers the phone.


“Sorry not Xander, it’s Faith, him and Robin are upstairs dealing with her, she started trashing around on the bed, just after we got here, Xander said you were meeting with Spike, so I decided to call you.”


“We’ll be right there Faith.” Willow says as she hangs back up her phone, and turns her attention back to Spike. “Did you walk or drive?”


“Drove, why Red?” Spike asks with a voice full of concern.


“It’s Buffy; she seems to be in some kind of nightmare or something in her sleep.” She tells him to get him to move.


“Right then where too?” He says as they all get up and leave the coffee shop.