Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks again for all the reviews, and thanks to spikes mrs for editting this for me. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Millionaire’s Bride


Chapter 7


2 days after Buffy’s Birthday, Spike’s plane is touching down at Heathrow airport in London, England. As they make their way off the plane, Wesley walks up to join the group getting off. “I brought the car around for you Sir.”


“Thank you Wes, would you please go with Angel and collect our things.” Spike asks him as he walks over to a bench and sits down with Buffy in his arms, to wait with Giles and Gunn.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


15 minutes later, Wesley and Angel rejoin the group.


“If you will follow me I’ll show you where I parked the car.” Wesley states as they stop in front of the group.


“That would be a splendid idea; I really would like to check Buffy over to make sure she is still alright.” Giles informs Spike, as he starts to get up from his seat.


Spike and Gunn also get up and start to follow Wesley out of the airport.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


20 Minutes later, Wesley pulls up to the gated drive, at the beginning of Spike’s mansion. He enters the code and continues on up the drive towards the house. Once at the house he parks the car in the garage and helps his employer out of the car.


Spike enters his house, with Buffy in his arms, and starts to make his way up to his bedroom. On the way up he is stopped by Anya, “Welcome home, boss and is this Buffy?”


“Not now Anya, I need to bring her up to my room so Giles can have a look at her.” Spike tells her never stopping to look at Anya. When he got to the bottom of the stairs he calls out to Anya. “Get Fred and have her join me in my study in about 5 to 10 minutes.” Then he walks up the stairs.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Once in his bedroom he pulls back the covers, on his bed and places Buffy down in it as gentle as possible.


As he turns to face Giles, he is asked, “Am I correct to assume that you are having Fred take care of her?”


“When I am not available, I also figure it might be better to have Fred bath and change her, you know stuff she would most likely feel more comfortable having a women do.”


“You are probably right; I know if, what happened to Buffy was to happen to Jenny, I would feel the same way.” Giles informs him, before saying. “Now if you don’t mind I would really like to check her over.”


“I will be in my study meeting with Fred most likely, just call down there and I will come back up to stay with her.” Spike tells him as he walks out of the room.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Spike’s study


Spike walks into his study and immediately goes for a drink; he fills his glass from a freshly filled decanter of Whiskey. As he sets the decanter back on the tray and picks up his glass he, hears a knock on his door.


“Come in” He calls out as he makes his way over to his chair and takes a seat.


One of the maids that he employs, by the name of Fred, walks into his study. “You wanted to see me Boss?” She asks shyly.


“Yes Fred, I actually have a new job for you, as many of you know, I have brought my girlfriend here from America, she is sick. I need someone who can take care of her and help her. She is also carrying my child, so Giles is not able to give her anything to help her.” Spike explains to her.


“What is wrong with her Sir?” Fred asks him, since she has not heard anything about her employer’s girlfriend.


“It seems she has had a lot of stress lately and fallen into a great depression, I am hoping by bringing her here, to a new place she will come out of her depression.” Spike explains to her, just as his phone rings.


“Spike” he says into the phone as he picks it up.


“Yes, I am done checking her, so you can come up anytime now.” Giles tells Spike.


“We’ll be right there.” Spike say as he hangs up the phone.


“Come on ducks, let’s go see Buffy.” He tells her as he stands up.


___________________________________________________________________________________


Back up in his room.


“How is she?” He questions Giles as he enters the room.


“I am afraid there has been no change, the trip didn’t hurt her, and so that is a positive sign.”


“Thank you, I will let you know if there is a problem, I know you are tired and would like to go to bed.” Spike says to Giles.


“Yes, very well, I will come and check on her tomorrow.” Giles says as he goes to leave the room, then he notices Fred hanging back by the door. “Hello Fred, how are you?”


“Good thank you.”


Spike sits on his bed and call Fred over. “Fred I would like you to meet Buffy.”


“Buffy this is Fred, I know you don’t know where you are or what is going on, but you are back at my mansion, when you wake up we will talk about all of this. I have asked Fred to take care of you while I work, or if you need anything personal. I hope that is okay, you will be seeing your friends again in a few weeks.”


Just then Buffy whimpers “Spike.”


“I’m here luv, do you think you could, let Fred work with you?”


When he gets no answer from her, he turns to Fred, “Why don’t you sit down and talk to her for a couple minutes, while I am here, tomorrow or the next you will be left alone with her so I can do some work.”


Fred sits down in the chair by the bed, which Gunn had brought in before he left for the night to go home to his wife.


“Hello, Buffy, my name is Winifred Burkle, but you can call me Fred, it is a pleasure to meet you.”