Author's Chapter Notes:
I've been reading Spuffy for about a year now and decided I'd give it a try. Be kind, this is my first story of any kind I"ve ever made public.. I'm really looking at improving my writing skills as well.
June 12, 1988

Sunnydale highs gym had been turned into a ballroom dance floor for senior prom. All the girls had big billowing dresses in all colors and they boys in tuxes. Once you walked through the double doors from the outside you felt like you were in a different world. Even the walls were replaced with mirrors for the night. And in the middle of the dance floor stood William in his black tux with blue silk shirt and Elizabeth with her light blue dress swaying to the slow music playing over the sound system. With one hand on Elizabeth’s hip and one holding her hand over his heart he leans his face down into her golden hair and inhales the familiar vanilla and a scent that’s uniquely hers. Her head is resting on his chest and she too is doing the same thing as William. Loving the musky scent mixed with tobacco that is always him. Both have their eyes closed and loving the moment they’re in. Beside them is their closest friends Xander and Willow also dancing and losing themselves in the moment. Beings this is the last dance they will be at together as high school students. Sighing against his chest, “William, I think tonight is the night. My mom is gone for the whole weekend at some gallery event and Dawn is staying at a friends. I have the whole house to myself. If you come home with me tonight, I want to give you all of me.”
Without ever opening his eyes he asks her, “So what are you saying exactly?”
“Come home with me tonight and make love to me William.”
Looking down at her lovingly, “Are you sure? Because we can wait till your ready sweetheart.”
Meeting his eyes she answers “Yes, I’m very sure. We’ve been waiting a long time now and I feel ready.” With a little grin, actually, more than a little ready.”
“Of course, I too am ready my sweet Elizabeth.” With that said they leaned into one another for a very soft kiss. Then beside them they hear, “oh, you guys look so sweet together. Don’t you think they look sweet Xander?”
“Yeah, really sweet Willow. Now, can we look that sweet together?”
“Of course silly.” She leans up to kiss Xander on the lips softly just the same as the other couple. When the music ended they all walked back together to their table. After a few moments William decided he needed a drink. “Anyone else here need a drink? I’m going up to get some punch. Elizabeth?”
“Yeah, I can definitely go for some refreshment right about now. I’ll come with.”
“Ok, anyone else?”
“Coke for me, Will how bout you?”
“Coke is fine for me to.”
“K, we’ll be back in a few.”
Walking over to the refreshment stand hand in hand when one of Elizabeth’s ex friends comes running up to them she immediately addresses William, “Huggy bear, where have you been? I’ve been looking all over for you after the other night.”
“Harmony, what ever are you going on about? We have never even said more than two words to each other before.” Glaring at Harmony Elizabeth asks,” William, what is she talking about?”
“I have no idea, what are you talking about?” With a sickly sweet smile on her face, “how could you forget so soon? I thought it meant something to you. You said so yourself it was the best you’ve ever experienced.”
William just looks confused but Elizabeth was now looking at William with hurt and unshed tears in her eyes. “What is she talking about? Is it true? Why would you do that to me?”
“I have no idea what she’s talking about. You know I would never do anything like that to you. I love you. You know they never wanted us together from the beginning. It’s just another sick and twisted mind game they’re playing at” Looking directly in her eyes he tries to get her to see the truth. That this girl is just lying and trying to start trouble between them. After all her and the other cheerleader never did like him from the beginning beings he was seen as a nerd and she being a cheerleader should never be dating someone other than another popular. “I don’t know, that’s not what he told me the other night.” A giggling Harmony could see she was getting what she wanted and that’s to hurt the girl. Slowly she started to back away from the two of them. “I can’t do this right now William. I don’t know what to think now.”
“Liz, please. You have to believe me.” He reached out to touch her arm and she jerked away.
“NO! Just leave me alone right now; I just need to be alone.”
“Where are you going? It’s after 11pm. Let me walk you home at least.”
“No.” And with that she turned and fled the gym with tears running down her face. When William turned around to face off with Harmony he saw her walking in the direction of the table with all the other popular kids. He stormed over to their table and came face to face with Harmony and Elizabeth’s other ex friend Cordelia. By now he was really pissed. “What the hell was that about? She was your friend for years, why would you want to hurt her like that? Do you really hate me that much?”
With that he had the attention of the whole room. Willow and Xander looked just as confused as William had earlier. Cordelia spoke up at that point,”Oh come on. You know she’s a drama queen! If she’s that easily persuaded that you’ve been fooling around with someone else then maybe it’s the best you two not be together. I mean please, trust issues or what?”
“If anything happens to her, just remember, pointing directly at Harmony, it’s your fault.” At that he shook his head and proceeded to turn around and run after the only woman he’ll probably ever love.
Running into the night was probably not the smartest thing to do. Halfway to her house she started thinking to herself “Maybe I should have let him walk me home. I should have let him explain.” She stopped and turned around to start back when a lone figure stepped out of the dark alley. “Well, what do we have here? What’s a pretty little thing like you walking all alone at this time of night?”
Stopping dead in her tracks she looks up at the stranger and gets a bad feeling about this guy. Gulping she tells him,”um, I’m just getting some air; my boyfriend is coming right behind me with the car.” She hopes he believes her cause there is something definitely wrong here. “You hear that Dru darling? Her boyfriend is comin to pick her up. What do you think?” Turning back to her, I think you’re lyin to me darling. I don’t think anyone is comin for you.” Stepping out beside the man is who she presumes is Dru. “Oh daddy, can we keep this one? She looks like such fun.” Elizabeth turns to run but the big guy is much faster and is right in front of her before she can take a step. She gasps when she finally gets a good look at his face. “Oh god, what are you?”
“Let me introduce myself, I’m Angelus and I’m about to change your life forever.” With that said he strikes and sinks his fangs into her neck. She screams and flails around but discovers he’s much stronger. As she slowly becomes aware of feeling faint she says out loud before she passes out from being drained “William, I’m so sorry. I will always love you.” And then everything went black