Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews I really appreciate it. If anyone is interested I really need a beta. Well until then, let me know what you guys think of the story so far and wether Or not I should continue.
June 12, 1989

Standing in a graveyard at sunset William stares down at the gravestone of his once beloved Elizabeth Summers. It had been one year ago that they had laid Elizabeth to rest. It had been one year ago her lifeless body had been found in an alley not too far from the school with a neck injury. Of course given the recent events in the city morgue of bodies with the same type of injury going missing she was laid to rest within a 24hr. time period. They didn’t need anymore unwanted attention from the local newspaper on the subject. The man seen running away from the scene at the time of her discovery had escaped. After that night less people seemed to be disappearing and ones with neck injuries were far and between one another.

He was just standing there staring at the grave site; a lone tear runs down his cheek at the same time he chokes back a sob. Unbeknownst to him a lone figure is standing only a few feet away hiding in the shadows watching him.

Talking to no one in particular he says out loud, “why Liz why did you have to run out on me that night. If only you would’ve just waited to hear me out.” Tears were now running freely down his face and into the ground below. “How could you have ever thought I’d do anything to hurt you?” He fell to his knees into the damp ground of her grave now outwardly sobbing.

The dark figure watches this, closes her eyes and inhales deeply to smell the salty tears and unhappiness just coming off this man in waves. She lets the scent wash over her and expecting great satisfaction over it. For some reason his scent is familiar somehow and it’s not having the desired affect on her which is sort of pissing her off. Instead there’s something else. Something felt where a heart used to beat and pump life through her.

She jerks open her eyes and slowly emerges out of the shadows to get a closer look at this man. Looking at him from behind she can’t quite place him but his scent is known to her somehow. He has bleached blond hair but everything else seems to be black. Slowly approaching him from behind she makes certain to not get his attention just yet.

That scent, it seems to have a mixture of cigarettes and alcohol with a little bit of musk. “I know him” she thinks to herself. Getting closer still she can now see a side profile of his face and gasps lightly. He thought he felt someone watching him earlier but thought nothing of it. Now he definitely heard someone gasp beside him but when he turned his head slightly it was not what or who he was expecting.

With a gasp of his own he jerked up from his position on the ground crawling backwards quickly staring her in the eyes the whole time. Shaking his head he just keeps repeating to himself in a low whisper “no, no, no, this isn’t real. You are not real.” Hearing this she herself snaps out of her trance and now knows exactly who he is.

“William” is all she says in a voice barely audible but loud enough for him to hear her. Tilting her head to the side she gets a good look at him with a sly grin on her face and says louder “William.” Lifting her chin up she suddenly remembers what she is now and starts walking a slow circle around him taking in all of him. He’s still sitting in the same spot on the ground staring wide eyed at her and not believing what he’s seeing. She can hear his heartbeat speed up and his breathing coming in short and quick. “Stop breathing so fast before you pass out. I want to get a good look at you William and I don’t fancy doing it while you’re out cold from a panic attack.”

Taking a deep cleansing breath he slowly lets it back out before he really does pass out. Seeing he wasn’t going to be very talkative just yet she continues on.
“So, William, you look different. Very thin, wearing all black and what is up with the hair? Looking down her nose at him, I think it fits you.” She may remember him and remember loving him at one time but she is a demon now she reminds herself. I shouldn’t be feeling these odd emotions inside for a human now. What the hell is wrong with me? “Are you going to say anything or just stare at me all night cause I do have other things to do around here.”

That got his attention. Wow, he thought, not the same girl anymore. Gathering up courage he stands up in front of her and asks “what happened to you? Where have you been? We buried you a year ago today here where we stand.”

“Oh William, she spat, are you really that naïve. Come now with all the happenings in this town over the years you really can’t figure it out?” He just continued to stare at her with a confused look on his face. “Christ William, here, let me show you.” And with that she shifted into her game face which made William start breathing too quickly again. She stared at him with yellow eyes and fangs and became a little aroused from all the fear he was suddenly projecting.

She then shifted back to her normal visage and let out a little chuckle at the look on his face. But then she suddenly stopped because while in game face she picked up on another scent coming off him that was female. One she didn’t recognize and became a little, what was that feeling, jealousy. With a sneer she asks, “So, where’s your little girlfriend huh? Waiting at home for you playing Suzie fuckn homemaker? I guess you didn’t love me as much as you said you did moving on as fast as you apparently have.”

Ok, that pissed him off! “See, that’s why you’re where you are now sweetheart. You never would take the time to actually ask questions and wait for an answer but jump to you own conclusions! And by the way, it’s Spike now, not William so stop calling me that. William died on the same day as you.”
Her eyes widened in surprise and anger and before he knew what happened she had him pinned up against a nearby tree with her hand around his throat. “Don’t take that tone with me, Spike. She hissed. I could drain you dry right now, right here and make you one of us.”

“Then why don’t you!” With that she threw him down and turned to walk away.

Grabbing his throat and gasping for air he stood up and yelled at her, “some things never change do they Elizabeth? Always running away when things don’t go your way or you know you’re in the wrong.”

She stopped and turned back to him at that. “Oh, I’m not running away this time Spike. I’m just taking my leave for now. I’m hungry and if you know what’s good for you you’d better be getting back home to your new toy before you never do again.” And with that she did walk off leaving a bewildered Spike behind.