[Reviews - 371] LikedPrinter
Summary: Season 4 - Starts with the episode "Something Blue" and goes off canon from there. Spike and the Scoobies have no idea what the chip is capable of... and once it starts to misfire, Spike becomes a wealth of information. Giles becomes obessed with Spike's new-found ability and Buffy starts to look at him in a new light. But what will Riley and the Commandos do when they catch Spike in this state? Will the Scoobies save him in time? Do they even want to? Not the usual "Something Blue" fic.

***WINNER Runner Up Best Episode Stealer, Round 5 Spark & Burn Awards!***

Thank you!

Rated: NC-17
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Horror, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 31 Completed: Yes
Word count: 118753 Read: 59374
Published: 07/12/2007 Updated: 12/30/2008

1. Chapter 1 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 20] Liked (2098 words)
I posted this on the beta site, but it went bye bye so I am posting here. Direct quotes from the episode "Something Blue." **Any and all facts come from the series "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" which is full of trivial knowledge!**

Newly re-edited to correct most of the mistakes I had because I was foolish enough to NOT have a beta when beginning this!

2. Chapter 2 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 15] Liked (1853 words)
Once again, there are direct quotes from "Something Blue." Reviews feed the habit that Zoe (Katkin) got me addicted to. Thanks ever so much. :D**Any and all facts come from the series "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" which is full of trivial knowledge!**

Again with the re-edits :D

3. Chapter 3 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 14] Liked (2304 words)
And yeah, it's 2 AM. Hope you enjoy :D
*Once again, direct quotes from "Something Blue." **Any and all facts come from the series "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" which is full of trivial knowledge!**

4. Chapter 4 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 9] Liked (2369 words)
Just FYI, this is not a usual 'Something Blue' fic, in case you haven't noticed. Plus, I think Willow will grow up a little more quickly than she did in the series. *Direct quotes from the episode 'Something Blue.'***Any and all facts come from the series "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" which is full of trivial knowledge!**

5. Chapter 5 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 15] Liked (2962 words)
There is a beautiful video for the song included in this chapter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KRCopc3jjo

Direct quotes from Something Blue.**Any and all facts come from the series "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" which is full of trivial knowledge!**

6. Chapter 6 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 16] Liked (2902 words)
**Any and all facts come from the series "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" which is full of trivial knowledge!**

7. Chapter 7 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 15] Liked (3916 words)
Direct quotes from "Something Blue" and "Hush." Thanks to Zoe (Katkin) for letting me natter her ear off during the week. She has a lovely story, "Superstar and the Single Mom," and she would just love a review! **Any and all facts come from the series "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" which is full of trivial knowledge!**

8. Chapter 8 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 17] Liked (3029 words)
Direct quotes from "Something Blue" and "The Initiative." ***Just so you know, I've really messed with the timeline with the dialouge...taking bits and pieces here and there to fit it where I want it. You'd recognize that in the previous chapters. As for Willow's spell...it will become increasingly apparent what she did later in the fic, so don't expect to understand all the dynamics of it right now. Again, I have played with the timeline (since this a seriously AU fic) a lot, so if you have a pet peeve about this...well...um...sorry! **Any and all facts come from the series "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" which is full of trivial knowledge!**

9. Chapter 9 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 10] Liked (3638 words)
I know, shocker, huh? The muse kicked me in the head, via AOIFE (lovely email you sent me) and said, "Get off your fat ass and write another chapter of Omniscient." After the muse left with a bloody lip and me with a black eye, I started to write. Thanks for sticking with me for so long on this one. The next chapter will be soon in coming on this one because it's already half written. Thanks Sandra for reviewing as always and giving me grief about not posting another chapter.

****Warning**** If you've read any of the other chapters, you know I am playing heavily with the timeline in season 4. Some lines are directly taken from: The Initiative, Pangs, Something Blue and I'm sure others. The time line is way wacky. If you have issues with this... well, pooh on you. Enjoy and please review, it feeds my inner Spike. **Any and all facts come from the series "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" which is full of trivial knowledge!**

10. Chapter 10 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 13] Liked (3141 words)
Sorry it's taking so long to get these chapters posted, but I am really under the weather (bronchitis is such a pain...literally) and it kinda ruined my Christmas celebrations. BUT, that's no excuse I know. Thanks to Zoe for sending Sotia my way, she's a doll! **Any and all facts come from the series "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" which is full of trivial knowledge!**

11. Chapter 11 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 11] Liked (2306 words)
Yes, I know this is a short chapter, but the muse is a ornery little bastard that pops up in the most unlikely of places. I need to tell it to quit scaring me in the shower or else I'll drown the bugger. **Any and all facts come from the series "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" which is full of trivial knowledge!**

12. Chapter 12 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 11] Liked (1901 words)
I will eventually get to the exam Buffy has to take, but I had to introduce this little bit to explain some stuff that will happen during the exam. Song lyrics are from Nickelback's "Savin Me," which I highly recommend you watch on YOUTUBE (there's a Spuffy version). Thanks to Zoe, Mary, Vara, Sotia (you're so Boffy) - you guys keep me going with your incessant demands and constant nagging...LOL! **Any and all facts come from the series "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" which is full of trivial knowledge!**

13. Chapter 13 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 12] Liked (2979 words)
All of the facts about Robert Hanssen are true (the movie Breach was based on his career as a spy - but not accurate). According to the International Spy Museum (in Washington DC) there are 3 reasons why people spy: Money or Power, Ego, and Loyalty. If you ever get a chance to go there, I highly recommend it! And they showcase Robert Hanssen's profile. Thanks as always to Zoe, Sotia, Mary, Vara, Cordy, Jane...All I can say is I am your review whore and I would do anything for one...well...almost anything. *Oh and Rhodes Hall is an actual Hall on the Ohio State University's campus. **Any and all facts come from the series "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" which is full of trivial knowledge!**

14. Chapter 14 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 9] Liked (2534 words)
Direct quote from the episode "Hush." Thanks to Tina, who made this look presentable. Thanks as always to the many reviewers, you make it worth while!

15. Chapter 15 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 12] Liked (3205 words)
**yawn, it's way too early for me, but here I am. This is what happens when a fic gets to you so much that you wake up at 4 am because it's yammering at you to finish the chapter. UGH. Thanks to Zoe and Sotia, you gals rock! Thanks also to Vara, Cordy, and Mary - you guys are my constant. *yawn* Some dialouge taken from "Hush."

16. Chapter 16 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 9] Liked (2677 words)
Thanks as always to Zoe and Sotia, you guys are so silly! Also to Mary, Jane, Vara, Cordy and all the people who review - you guys rock! Here is the video that goes with the song in this chapter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0HT3lUl6MA

17. Chapter 17 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 10] Liked (2973 words)
Thanks for all your reviews, you guys are sooooo awesome! *Direct quotes from the episode Hush.* Just FYI, I'm not dealing with Adam in this fic...this story is complicated enough without him. But don't worry, there will be plenty of action with regards to the Commandos. Just wait till we get to the presentation on the over head!

18. Chapter 18 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 14] Liked (3819 words)
Many thanks to all those that have stuck with this story...as Sotia says, it is her lover (they have feelings for each other) while she only thinks of Hunter's Bane as pure sex. She's a sick puppy. But I love her any way. Zoe I miss you hun, come find me! Thanks to Mary, Vara, Jane, Sirc (your reviews are short, but welcome) and Cordy. You guys rock. A special thanks to Dusty and IBE, thanks for jumping aboard my mental mind-fuck of a wagon (pardon my french). I've changed the music that the presentation is done to in the series to one that I liked better. It's creepier anyway. The link is included here. Direct quotes from "HUSH."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd_oIFy1mxM

19. Chapter 19 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 7] Liked (2236 words)
Thank you all who have followed this story! First of all this is for David, my husband - who told me the name of the software/computer program that used the computer voice in the episode HUSH. Many thanks to Zoe who nattered with me while I hedged out this chapter and all the directions I wanted to take. Also to IBE who sent me the funniest damn things to watch while I was trying to think about writing and keeping me sane. And of course Sotia, who is my naughty groupie, love you you crazy lady! And of course to all who review, you spank my little muse into submission! Direct quotes from Hush. And so many, many, many (is that too many?) thanks to EdgeHead for the awesome banner that she did for this fic. It's so wonderful! Round of applause for Mel!

20. Chapter 20 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 9] Liked (3177 words)
Many, many thanks to I'M BLOODY ENGLISH for sending me Angel season 5 (she held my hand while I watched it, patting it and telling me everything was gonna be ok) - WOW, got lots of cool ideas! And you MUST (not a choice folks) read all of her stuff - MAJOR HOTNESS! Yums! Thanks to everyone who still reads this story, I'm flattered, truly! Thanks of course to my two favorite girls Zoe and Sotia, life is not possible without you gals - you smutty gals you! And thank you to EdgeHead for the awesome-ous banner for this story, I hope I do it justice!

21. Chapter 21 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 9] Liked (2815 words)
Ok, first of all, I'm gonna warn you all: I nearly wanted to carve my eyes out with a spoon while I was writing this chapter. I do not like Angel. Plain enough. Having to write a MUSHY Angel was as as close to torture that I want to get. BUT, that being said....he DOES further the plot, so I will consider him an evil plot *rabid dog that needs to be put down* bunny. (read between the lines). Ahem. Now back to my sunny self :D. Many thanks to Sotia, who now has a microphone and we can all hear her voice...hehehehe! And of course Zoe, who is deeply embedded in her Japanese dramas. And to all the readers and reviewers who stick with this story, I really appreciate it! And of course, many thanks to EdgeHead73 for the AWESOME banner she provided - you rock! **Quotes from ATSV episode "I Will Remember You." (again....GAG!)

22. Chapter 22 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 7] Liked (3114 words)
Thank you ever so much to IBE, Sotia, Zoe, and Dusty for the great time this afternoon! You guys rock! Again, another Angel chapter - but eventually you'll see why (just not here). And the next chapter of this will deal with the Gentlemen in the Lab and some MAJOR Spuffyness! *Many thanks to EdgeHead73 for the awesome banner!*

23. Chapter 23 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 11] Liked (4513 words)
And so, as I promised, an update on Wednesday - sorry it's so late...BUT IT'S A LONG ONE! And very, very Spuffy! YaY me! Many pardons to Cordy and Mel (if she reads this) if I didn't spell the Gentlemen's name's correctly. They are in German - don't hurt me! MANY MANY thanks to Sotia, who dared to go to that dark place and come out unhurt on the other side - you rock girl! My twisted Sista Tina - we're gonna have fun with "SUMMER" and here is your damn smut, woman! May it live up to your wet panty measure! tee hee. Thanks to all the readers, old and new, who have taken the time to review - you guys are AWESOME! Many thanks to EdgeHead73 for the BESTEST BANNER EVER! **As a side note - simple body mechanics dictate that since we breathe, we have somewhat of a voice. Try it - you can move air through your mouth and whisper, without having a voice at all. So no flames because I have Spuffy whispers...I would do it, ergo, Spike would do it! hehehehe LMAO!

24. Chapter 24 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 11] Liked (3901 words)
Many thanks to DragonFly Lady (Lauriel) my beta for being so tolerant of my lazy self. Sorry I haven't updated folks in such a long time - my muse just wasn't feeling it...that is until I told him he'd be replaced by an Elf - then he hoped to. Sheesh, the things you have to do in this day and age to get a little help. This is for Tina, who is having a rough time of it in her personal life - hang in there gal! And of course for Sotia - who is the bestest LJ mover and shaker-upper that I know! And many thanks to EDGEHEAD73 for the awesome banner and her permission to plaster Spike all over my LJ. You're so AWESOME!

25. Chapter 25 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 9] Liked (2074 words)
Sorry I haven't updated this one for a while, and thank you to all who have reviewed and stayed loyal to this story - Spuffy loves you for it.

I will give you fair warning. You might not like this chapter. My beta was shocked at the ending, probably because I skipped quite a few things to get there. BUT, that being said, the next few chapters will kind of do a reverse to see how the end of this chapter was brought about. So flame me if you must, but I promise Spuffy-ness will prevail!

Thanks to Dusty273 (sorry to shock you, truly) and Im_Bloody_English (gonna mow the lawn ;) for making this sound half way descent. I need to buy you gals some new aprons :D

Just so you know, I will be updating pretty regularly from now on (sorry about last month - just too much stuff got in the way). I have two new stories in the works but i was told (in no uncertain terms MOTHER, that I wasn't to post them until I'd at least gotten half way through them (party pooper). So you'll just have to wait :D.

26. Chapter 26 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 7] Liked (4627 words)
MANY thanks to Dusty273 and Im_Bloody_English for making this ship shape (good lord - I've moved from Butchers to Sailors...god, I've got issues)

This chapter would not have been possible without Sotia (sub plot), Blackoberst (the cool demon name), Dusty274 (the street where Giles lives - honestly, I have NO clue, I tired to look it up to no avail - so she gave me one! :D, and of course IBE, cause even though she's going through a rough time, she fixed it up for me and "EEEPed!" at the end! tee hee - You guys are awesome!

And I'm sure I haven't said it enough, but thank you everyone who reviews - it makes my day brighter and I get ideas for future chapters with your comments. And I'm sorry I haven't updated this one in a while, but this 'hump' chapter was really stuck in my brain until Sotia took a shovel and rapped me up side the head. Thanks hun! *squished her wittle Spuffy cheek*

Just so you know, Adam and Faith are NOT a part of this story. I would say this chapter is where it officially veres off canon. *Quotes from the epi "The Yoko Factor."*

27. Chapter 27 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 13] Liked (7220 words)
Many thanks to the awesomest (yeah, that’s my word) beta’s around, Dusty273 and Im_Bloody_English! Thanks for all that you do, you make it so much better!

This story is very much on the home stretch; only about 3 more chapters left – honestly – and they’ll all be long. This is probably the longest chapter I’ve ever written, and man, were my piddies all tuckered out! Thank you to everyone that stuck with this story and the reviews you were kind enough to leave, cause they always made my day brighter!

Sotia, I’m soooo very sorry hun, I couldn’t do as you asked. (please don’t hurt/malign/maim and or kill me, cause then you’d never know the ending ;) )

**WARNING** This chapter contains torture of a graphic kind! (those NOT in the medical field, please don’t hurl) It’s nothing along the lines of torture I use in Hunter’s Bane, if that’s any consolation – but if blood squicks you out (and if you like vamps, why does blood squick you out?) then you might want to wait until the next chapter…

Tina, this chapter is all for you, babe! You posed the idea and I ran with it, hopefully I won’t crash into the wall! And I SOOO enjoyed our time while you were here, Nini misses you terribly! Well, so do I, but I’m not a cat and I can deal. Omar wants to be your slave and Dave thinks you’re cool ;)

All facts come from Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader. Yeah, I have a lot of them.

28. Chapter 28 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 12] Liked (8658 words)
And see folks? I didn’t leave ya hanging for TOO long! * giggles *

Thanks ever so much to Dusty273 and Im_Bloody_English for making this so much better than it was – you gals seriously rock!

This chapter is for my son, Brandon, who wanted a certain soldier to have a chance at redemption. Here ya go, boog – you da man!

Like I’ve said, this story is very much in the finish line – only 2 or 3 more chapters to go and it’s caput… finito… done and buried… eh, you get the idea. I’ll probably cry once I’m finished, ‘cause hey, it’s been my baby for over a year now (god, really that long? I’m so sorry for dragging it out!) and I’m sure I’ll go back and rework some parts of it at some point.

Thank you everyone, for all the reviews that you’ve left – you are all kinds of awesome!

29. Chapter 29 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 6] Liked (8745 words)
Sorry I was late in updating, these past two weeks were murder at work and home life, I felt like I was never home! Many UBER thanks to Mari and Tina for chopping, dicing, slicing, mincing… etc., you get the idea – and making it MUCH better than when I sent it to them. Thanks ladies, only one more chapter to go!

This chapter is definitely for Andrei – blackoberst. He patiently helped me sort out my thoughts for the origin of the Gem and introduced me to “Looking For Group” and Richard. I nearly pissed myself laughing at his antics, it’s definitely Spike pre-chip! His birthday in on 11/25 so stop over and wish him a Happy Birthday! YAY!

I liberated some dialogue from ATSV season one and the episode, The Gift and inserted them where I thought they’d work. Sue me if you don’t like it, but you won’t get a dime.

This chapter is also for Tina who, while she was here and we went on a massive book-buying spree, suggested I use the information about vampire reanimation in one of the books I bought – The Vampire Survival Guide, by Scott Bowen. I highly recommend you get it, as it’s quirky, very tongue-in-cheek and just plain funny. And no, he wasn’t trying to make a quick buck.

30. Chapter 30 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 14] Liked (9160 words)
Try as hard as I might, I couldn’t fit all I wanted into one last chapter – or else the smut would’ve been like this: He shagged her. Boring and pointless, right? Okay, glad we got that outta the way.

Many uber, super-duper thanks to Tina and Mari - the bitchin’ babes of beta – for cleaning this up. Tina, thanks for slapping me when I would have crapped the thing up in the first few paragraphs and for suggesting where I should cut it off. (points finger at Tina – “Blame her folks, it’s her fault.”) *giggles*

There is only, and only ONE more chapter left – and that one contains SMUT of the smutty kind, of the pervy-wrong kind (not too bad), and I didn’t want to cheat you out of the Spuffy ending by trying to squeeze it in here. Sorry.

And Oh. My. Andrew! I just found out I was nom’d at the Spuffy Awards and the Rogue Poet Awards for this story! (Yes – I SQUEED all over the place, coz I had NO clue). Thank you to whomever did this, I truly appreciate it – you don’t know how much!

Enjoy!

31. Chapter 31 by Darkrivertempest [Reviews - 24] Liked (7907 words)
This. Is. It.
I never imagined it would take me a little over a year to get this story done, but when you have two heavy WIP’s, one tends to get shoved to the side more often than not. I am deliberately leaving this with an opening – I may revisit the story later with a couple one-shots. Also, I am in the process of going back and cleaning up the first 20 or so chapters because I had no beta when I began writing. Currently, chapters 1-7 are updated and I will continue until they’re done.

I can’t imagine this being finished without two great, fabulous ladies: Mari (Dusty273) and Tina (Im_Bloody_English). You ladies made it possible for me to grow beyond what I expected of myself, and for that I can’t thank you enough. My deepest and most heartfelt gratitude go to you both, I honestly couldn’t have done it without you.

I promised myself I wouldn’t cry, but I can’t help tearing up… just a bit, because I won’t admit to more than that – bitter, old sap that I am. ;) All the facts I gathered for Spike throughout the story originated from Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader, which is FULL of trivial facts. Yes, I was one of those kids who sat and read the encyclopedia when I was bored, sue me. Many lines of dialogue were taken from BTVS and ATSV and were noted as such. Anything else is my own, including my mistakes.

Enjoy, and please review – it makes the psycho muse happy! :D