Author's Chapter Notes:
(I’d just like to thank Chriss Nicole for BETAing this story for me:)


I am SO SO sorry that it's taken me this long to update....i've been really sick since just before christmas and had a few blood tests done but no doctor could tell me what i had... first it was glandula fever then it was strep throaght.... so lets just say the last couple of months have sucked. Also i'm doing year 12 and had to do my half yearly exams ontop of all my assignments... so the story kind of god pushed to the end of my long list of things to do.


I'd just like to say THANK YOU so much to everyone who reviewed on the last chapter:)... you guys keep me going. Thank you: Julia, Ashmo21, Helena, jeanieofoz, Sotia, PhotographyNut, letitia, cordykitten, asha, smlcspike, Ivana and jamies_lady
Chapter 10:


"Mommy their's a weird man over there who keeps looking at me" Tara whispered into her mothers ear. She had run over from the play equipment after noticing someone with a camera staring at her. Buffy's head snapped up looking into her daughters eyes and then to Spike's. She turned her head towards where Tara was now pointing and her heart sped up faster at seeing what was in front of her. Their was indeed a man holding a camera to his chest, but also another three standing not to far away. Once Buffy met the man's gaze his eyes opened wide giving her the 'deer caught in headlights' look.


"Ah... Pet. I think we might want to head to the auditions a lil bit early yeah?" Spike had heard what Tara had whispered and had immediately began gathering there things. Paparazzi were standing on the sidelines of the park, half a dozen of them all grasping camera's and taking pictures.


"I think that's a good idea" Buffy laughed nervously gathering her things. Spike and Buffy stood but before either could move Tara started grabbing onto Spike's leg, showing that she wanted to be lifted up.


"Alright lets get this show on the road" Spike said adjusting her onto one hip. Tara was giggling as Spike tickled her sides.


"Your silly" She scrunched up her nose.


"You know I don’t think I’ve ever seen her so comfortable with someone in such a short time as she is with you" Buffy smiled as they played 'dodge the paparazzi' out of the park.


"I must be special than" Spike laughed as Tara tried to tickle him. She giggled again as he got her back. Buffy just smiled up at him as he slipped his hand into hers.


'That you are' She thought.


....................................................................................................................


"Oh my!" Buffy exclaimed, her eyes widening after turning down the path that led to the Bronze's entrance.


"God this is going to be a looong day" Spike groaned seeing the massive line of people waiting to be auditioned for the part of the bands new vocalist.


"Just think of all those potential voices who are going to stand out of this crowd" Buffy smiled. Spike shot her a look. "O-Or not" She smiled meekly.


"Mommy are we going to stand in the line to" Tara asked trying to sit up in Spikes arms to look at the line that loomed ahead.


"Yes"


"No" Spike and Buffy said at the same time. "Your coming inside pet. It looks like its going to rain." Spike looked up at the clouds, which were indeed turning a dark grey.


"That's unfair to everyone else who has to wait outside Spike" Buffy said as Spike tugged on her arm as he led her down the side of the line, heading straight for the door. Their were a few yells from the crowd at seeing Spike and a few more groaning about Buffy being aloud to the front of the line.


.............................................................................................


The seconds ticked by and soon they became minutes. Minutes turned in hours as each new potential made their way onto the Bronze's stage only to be rejected by the band members. As the hours passed by it only got worse. Buffy's nose scrunched up at hearing the dreadful screeching coming from the stage in front of her. She was sitting with Tara on a couch located not to far behind the band members. About 20 meters back from the stage was a table which sat Angel, Spike, Xander and Oz. Buffy laughed to herself as Angel's back shuddered at the hideous noise.


"That was uh....." Oz coughed.


"Your voice isn't what were looking for at the moment" Angel said at the other band members silence.


"Thank you for your time" Placing her application form at the bottom of the list Xander let out a sigh. The girl on stage sadly nodded and made her decent, wiping her eyes of any tears that may have dropped.


"With all the people in the line you'd think their might be someone with at least a half decent voice" Anya said walking up to the table and handing Xander a coffee. He beamed up at her as she played with the hair on his neck. His shoulders relaxed having the caffeine make its way through his system.


"I vote for a break" Spike said standing and stretching. They'd been at the bronze for a good couple hours and the break was well needed. Oz's phone rang and he made his way to the back of the bronze to answer it. Angel got up and made his way to the bathroom while Xander and Anya sat at the table coffee's in hand. Spike turned and made his way over to Buffy and Tara who were chatting on the couch.


"So pet. Any chance your going to reconsider and just say you'll be in the band." Spike said hope in his eyes. "Save us from the torture!" He groaned plonking himself down on the couch next to her. Tara giggled and climbed over her mother. She stood on Spikes thighs and poked his face which was resting on the back of the couch, his eyes closed.


"I'm sure the lines not that big anymore. There's only so many people in Sunnyvale right" Buffy laugh as Spike sat up one eyebrow raised.


"Oh my god!" Willow exclaimed bursting through the door shaking her arms out of her now soaked jacket. "That line is massive. There all just standing in the rain." Spike groaned and his head smacked down onto the back of the couch. It was going to be a long, long afternoon.


"Mommy is Willium sick" Tara asked turning to face her mother who just laughed and shook her head.


"No sweetie, he's just sick of hearing every ones bad singing voices" Tara nodded and watched her mother make her way over to where Willow was.


.............................................................................................


"So you and Oz huh" Buffy whispered. Her and Willow had been sitting in silence for the past hour. The auditions had started up again shortly after Willow had arrived and they hadn’t improved. They'd gotten worse. Their was a man currently on the stage giving his rendition of Kelly Clarkson’s Since you've been gone. It was the most horrible sound Buffy had ever heard in her entire life.


"Since you've been gone, I ca..." The man screeched only to be interrupted.


"Thank you for coming" Angel said loudly his shoulders letting out another shudder.


"He asked me to come down and check the auditions out. He wanted to take me out to dinner after" Willow whispered staring at Oz's back. Buffy was running her hands through Tara's hair, she had fallen asleep about an hour ago and now lay curled up on the couch her head in Buffy's lap.


"Aww! That’s so sweet"


"I know. I've got so many butterflies in my stomach at the moment. I really like him Buffy" Willow blushed as Oz turned to look at her, he smiled.


"Well then go for it. Have a good time maybe you'll get some smoochies in." Buffy said all the while maneuvering Tara into her arms. She stood slowly and smiled gently as Willow placed her semi dry jacket over Tara's form.


"Can you tell Spike we went home." Buffy quickly checked her watch, which read 6pm. No wonder Tara was so tired, she'd been awake for almost 12 hours.


"Sure" Willow smiled as she followed Buffy over to the Bronze's entrance. "You are gonna tell him you’re willing to be the bands signer right?"


"Of coarse" Buffy smiled. "I just thought it was unfair to anyone else they might have discovered through the auditions"


"Ok well I’ll see you later tonight yeah. You'll come back at 8 when the auditions finish to tell him right?" Willow asked fixing the jacket that had slipped from Tara's shoulders.


"I will" Buffy laughed hearing the new voice on the stage. Willow let a laugh of her own out. "Heres to hoping their not all in a grumpy mood when I come back" She laughed hugging Willow with one arm before opening the door and making her way outside.


The rain had stopped, but it was a lot darker now than it was before, the sun being close to fully setting. Fixing the jacket around her daughters sleeping form she made her way down the path towards home. They hadn't been walking for long before Buffy stopped in her tracks. Her heat speeding up a few notches.


"Tara sweetie" Buffy said her voice shaking. Her daughter groaned burying her head closer into her mothers shoulder not wanting to wake up. "Baby I need you to wake up ok" Buffy's voice was weak at she saw who was standing in front of her. A leer on his face and a knife in his hand.


"Mommy?" Tara mumbled wiping sleep from her eyes.


"I want you to run back to the Bronze ok and get aunty Willow and Spike ok" Buffy said placing her daughter on the ground, her eyes flashing back to the man who was advancing on them.


"Mommy" Tara started to cry.


"Run baby!" Buffy gave Tara a bit of a push and watched her little girl's legs carry her as fast as they could back the direction that had come.


"Hello Buffy" Riley sneered, twirling the knife in his hand. Buffy's body shook with fear as she sent out a silent prayer, hoping that Tara made it back safe and that help would come.


Chapter End Notes:
I know big cliff hanger hehe... i hope you all enjoyed the chapter.. and i'm soooo sorry it took me this long to update it.


Don't forget to review i love hearing what you guys think.