Author's Chapter Notes:
First of again i apologize for not updating the last couple of months.... *sigh* i had surgery the other day.. basically i had a skin graft... but in my mouth and let me say OW!!!! it hurt....


(I’d just like to thank Chriss Nicole for BETAing this story for me:) And thank you soooo much to everyone who reviewed so far:) PhotographyNut, nyhala, jeanieofoz, Sotia, Pam S, cordykitten, Pet, Sam and Julia.... i never thought I’d reach 100 reviews so YAY to this story and you guys giving it awesome responses.
Chapter 11:


"Mommy" Tara started to cry.


"Run baby!" Buffy gave Tara a bit of a push and watched her little girl's legs carry her as fast as they could back the direction that had come.


"Hello Buffy" Riley sneered, twirling the knife in his hand. Buffy's body shook with fear as she sent out a silent prayer, hoping that Tara made it back safe and that help would come.


Buffy spun her body around as fast as she could. After one last glance at Riley's advancing form she ran for it, her legs pumping as fast as they could. The footfalls of Riley's steps could be heard behind her as Buffy pushed herself harder. She felt arms grab her from behind and she let out a scream.


"You can't run forever baby," Riley ground out, his grip on her waist tightening as he brought the hand wielding his knife to the front of her body. Buffy's eyes widened trying to shake out of Riley's grip as the knife got closer and closer to her.


"W-What do you want"


"I'll always want you baby" Riley's voice took another tone as he whispered into Buffy's ear. "Your" The hand holding the knife lowered. "Mine" Buffy turned her head slightly and met his gaze. Her body shook with what she was about to do.


"I'll" She paused as he breathed in the scent of her hair. "I’ll never be yours!" Buffy swung back her elbow and hit him hard in the ribs. She let out a scream that came out as a groan as he tried to grab her but instead managed to slash her with his knife across her arm.


"Bitch!"


"Don't look back" Buffy told herself as she kept running, the pain in her arm hurt but not as much as she would if she stopped running. She could hear the faint tap tap of Riley's shoes on the ground as he chased her. Slower than he had before.


......................................................................................................................


"Don't look so glum guys. When Buffy comes back later tonight she has a surprise for yo.....Can anyone hear that" Willow asked her tilted as her eyebrows came together as she concentrated on the faint tapping.


"I think its coming from the door" Oz said getting up from the couch. The auditions had finished not long ago and the band was relaxing within the bronze, having a few drinks before the bronze was due to open for the public.


"Tara!" Willow gasped watching the little girl run into the bronze and straight for her. Wrapping her arms around her aunt's legs and clinging on for dear life. Spike's head snapped up at hearing Tara's name. He looked around trying to spot Buffy, who had not come through the door with her daughter. His brows creased together.


"Sweetie what’s wrong?" Willow asked picking Tara up. The little girl wrapped her arm around Willows neck and buried her head into her shoulder. Willow looked up and met Oz's eyes. The rest of the band had come over to where Willow and Oz were standing. Spike took his place closest to Willow.


"Tara. Where's your mommy?" Tara looked into her aunt's eyes and let out a huge wail. "Where's Buffy" Willow asked again her voice streamed with fear.


"Bit where's mom?" Spike asked running a hand down Tara's head.


"There was a bad man" She sniffled wiping her eyes. "Mommy told me to run and come get you" Tears were streaming down her face. Spike was rubbing her back. "Mommy....He knew mommy's name" Tara squeezed Willow tighter and buried her head into her shoulders again, her body shaking with the force of her tears.


"I- I don't know who.." Willow looked at Spike as he cut her off mid sentence.


"The other night when we were all here." He paused looking around the Bronze. "Me and Buffy were dancing and talking." He ran a hand through his hair and continued. "There was a man who bumped into her and she completely freaked out. I mean really freaked out" Spike said at the bands blank stares.


"Riley" Willow whispered her eye's widening. She thrust Tara into Spikes arms and ran to her purse on the couch. "Hello" her voice shook as the person on the other end of the phone finally answered. "Yes. Look theirs someone trying to get my friend. No I don't know where she is. Last seen at the bronze. Look I don't know, all I know is that you need to get out there and find her because if he gets to her first she won't be alive for very much longer. She's uh got blonde hair, about 5 foot 3. Buffy.. her name is Buffy. Please just hurry." Willow was shaking by the time she got off the phone with the police.


"What’s going on" Xander asked looking from Spike who was trying to sooth Tara and Willow who was frantically pacing back and forth.


"When Buffy was young she uh. Riley…They dated for a while. Things got bad. It ended badly. He hurt her" Willows eyes were rimmed with tears. "She had Tara in result of what happened and he left marks on her" Willow looked at Spike who's eyes narrowed at remembering Buffy's scars. "Not just emotional marks but physical ones."


"So he's bad right" Anya asked starting to worry.


"He's mentally unstable" Willow wrapped her arms around herself and stopped pacing. "He's capable of anything."


...................................................................................................................


Buffy ran around the corner of a building and straight into someone’s body. She let out a scream as arm's grabbed her shoulders.


"Woah there sugar plum. I ain't gonna hurt you" The voice wasn't Riley's and Buffy let out a sigh of relief her shoulders sagging. Her body tensed back up knowing that Riley was still chasing her.


"He's coming we have to go" Buffy started to run again as she pushed past the person she'd run into. Not even bothering to look at whom it was.


"Slow down, no one's going to hurt you" Arms grabbed her again and pulled her into the light. Buffy had run to the local coffee shop and people from within it were staring through the glass windows staring at her.


Buffy looked up and met the man's gaze. He was dressed in a brightly colored suit and looked kind of green. "Who are you"


"I think the question is who are you and who are you running from" The man asked watching Buffy's frantic eye's searching the space behind him.


"C-Can we go" Buffy asked starting to walk already. Her arm was throbbing with pain and blood streamed down her arm and her hand. All the running had made her head speed up and the blood pump faster. The blood loss was getting to her and she started to get light headed.


"C'mon sugar lets get you somewhere safe to fix that" The man said leading her to a car not to far from the corner of the street she'd first run into him at. Buffy allowed the stranger to help her into his car...a police car and sat quietly as he drove.


.....................................................................................................................


Riley's eye's darkened as he watched Buffy being helped into the front of the police car.


"You can't run forever sweetheart" He smiled pushing off from the wall and walking back into the shadows of the alleyway.


.....................................................................................................................


"Name's Lorne" He smiled leaning over and opening the dashboard, he handed Buffy a small first aid kit. Buffy raised an eyebrow. "Mind telling me what’s got you so scared darlin‘"


Buffy opened the first aid kid a took out some gauze and a small bottle of alcohol and started to wipe the dried blood from her hands and up her arms. "My name's Buffy." Lorne smiled and nodded for her to continue. "It was a few years ago. We dated in high school" Buffy flinched as the first drop of alcohol touched her open wound. "Things got bad and I broke it off" Buffy's eyes started to water. "He..Didn't like it and um, came after me". Lorne kept glancing between Buffy and the road.


"He hurt you?" Buffy let out a strangled laugh as a few tears dropped.


"You could say that" She whispered her body shaking from the memory’s and fear of what had just happened.


"Let's get you fixed right now and you can tell me the rest later. You've lost a lot of blood there sugar" Lorne pulled the car into the hospital parking lot. "C'mon"


Lorne led Buffy into the hospital and helped admit her. She was rushed to the emergency ward once the cut on her arm started to bleed again. Buffy sat up in the bed she'd been laying in for the last 5 minutes after the doctor who stitched her arm had left.


"I need to call Tara" Buffy said frantically trying to pull the drip out of her arm.


"No. You’re staying right here." Buffy shook her head as tears fell. "I'll call for you. Your in no shape to be getting up now" Lorne smiled handing Buffy a pen and paper, indicating he wanted the numbers.


"My mom and Willow" Buffy said pointing to both of the numbers on the page. "Please god, let one of them have Tara. She's only a little girl" Buffy whispered to him with pleading eyes, letting out a sob.


"She'll be alright. You just rest and I’ll be back in a minute"


...................................................................................................................................


They had all gone back to Gile's house after notifying Joyce what had happened. At present Willow was pacing up and down wearing a whole into Gile's floor. Spike was sitting on the couch with Tara in his arms trying to sooth the poor girl, she had fallen asleep only a few minutes ago. The rest of the band members sat around the apartment none of them saying a word. Gile's stood there cleaning his glasses profusely.


Willow nearly jumped out of her skin at hearing the shrill ringing of her mobile phone. Reaching into her pocket with a shaking hand she pulled out her phone a flicked it open. "H-Hello" her shoulders sagged and she let a sigh of relief out. Spike sat up straighter in his chair intensely watching Willow's movements.


"She's in the hospital" Willow said already halfway out the door. "In the emergency ward"


"Oh god" Spike whispered standing a million thoughts running through his head. "What did he do to her" Tara started to lift her head from Spike's shoulder. Spike rubbed her back and shifter her in his arms.


"Willium?" Tara sat up, waking up more watching the bunch of people before her rush around for key's and jackets.


"C'mon bit, were gonna go see mom" Tara let out a smile as she wrapped her little arms around Spike's neck and snuggled into him further. He would protect her from the bad man.


Chapter End Notes:
I'm not sure when I'll update again next... I had a skin graft the other day... but in my mouth so I'm in the healing process at the moment.... but don't think I’m going to leave the updates for to long... i love hearing your guy's responses.