Author's Chapter Notes:
(I’d just like to thank Chriss Nicole for BETAing this story for me:) And thank you soooo much to everyone who reviewed so far:) PhotographyNut,
jeanieofoz, leanne, cordykitten, Pet, sanityfair, jamies_lady, Pam S, Sotia and Holly


Oh and if you haven't already noticed i have another story out atm called I'd Lie... check it out and let me know what you think:)
Chapter 12:


"She's in the hospital" Willow said already halfway out the door. "In the emergency ward"


"Oh god" Spike whispered standing a million thoughts running through his head. "What did he do to her" Tara started to lift her head from Spike's shoulder. Spike rubbed her back and shifter her in his arms.


"Willium?" Tara sat up, waking up more watching the bunch of people before her rush around for key's and jackets.


"C'mon bit, were gonna go see mom" Tara let out a smile as she wrapped her little arms around Spike's neck and snuggled into him further. He would protect her from the bad man.


......................................................................................................................


By the time they made it to the hospital Joyce was already there pacing back and forth in the waiting room. She'd been in to see her daughter already but Buffy was still asleep. The medicine the doctors having administered to dull the pain in her arm had also made her drowsy. She'd been sleeping peacefully for the last hour. Joyce's hands shook with fear at seeing the group burst through the door, their voices carrying over the once quiet room.


"Is she ok?"


"What happened?"


"Where is she?"


"Mommy?"


All the voices started at once and Joyce's only response was her eye's rimming with tears before she was engulfed in a hug by Giles. He wrapped his arms around her as she let out a few silent sobs.


"It's all right dear. She's safe now" Giles soothed patting her back. Joyce looked up and smiled sadly wiping away a few stray tears. Turning to face the group she put on a brave smile. They all stared at her intently waiting for her to speak. It made her nervous.


"She's fine" Those first two words set the group in a combined sigh. Spike, who was still holding Tara, shoulders sagged. It felt like a weight had been lifted off them. Joyce smiled at him and continued. "She's got a c-cut on her arm and some bruises on her ribs where he," Giles placed a reassuring hand on her back. "She's resting now but I’m sure she'd like the company." Looking around at the big group of people she let out a chuckle. "Though maybe only a few at a time." The group smiled back at her. Oz grasping Willow's hand in his and giving it a squeeze.


"Mommy?" Tara was struggling to get out of Spike's firm grip. Joyce walked over to where her granddaughter was and took her into her own embrace.


"Come on sweetie lets go see mommy" Joyce smiled starting to make her way towards the doors that led down to Buffy's room. Willow and Giles followed Joyce leaving Angel, Anya, Xander and Oz behind. Spike stood back not sure what to do. He desperately wanted to know if Buffy was ok but at the same time didn't want to intrude on such a crucial family moment. The answer to his question came from Tara who had twisted in her grams grip and was facing him arm's out stretched.


"Willium" Joyce heard her granddaughters pained voice and stopped in her tracks. She turned and saw the same pained expression on Williams face and tilted her head. She wasn't sure what it was but she knew something was going on between her daughter and this man. He seemed to care deeply for not only her but Tara as well.


With a smile she nodded her head in the direction of the doors in which she was about to pass through. Spike sent her a sad smile and started to follow, not before turning to his fellow band members as if asking them permission if they were alright by themselves for a little while.


"We'll see you in a bit" Oz took a seat and made himself comfortable.


"Say hi for us" Xander smiled taking a seat next to Oz. Anya sat down to, not before staring at all the other people in the room, glaring at those who shot her weird looks. Angel walked around the room. He hated hospitals.


........................................................................................................................................................


"Mommy!" Tara exclaimed wriggling excitedly trying to disentangle herself from Joyce's grasp as soon as they walked through the door to her mothers room. Joyce didn't have much of a grip in comparison to Spike's and Tara made it out quite easily. Buffy was sitting up in bed, still looking a bit pale but awake none the less.


"Hey baby" Tears rimmed her eyes at seeing her daughter running towards her and attempting to climb onto the high bed. The little girl let out a few sobs at not being able to her to her mother. Buffy attempted to lift her daughter up but the painful throb that came from her arm stopped her. Spike watched the interaction from the sidelines and stepped in to lift Tara onto the bed.


Buffy found her arm's full of Tara and squeezed her tight as the little girl snuggled into her. She looked up and smiled at Spike before whispering "Thank you". He took a step back and let Willow and Giles through.


"Buffy." Willow's bottom lip wobbled and her eyes brimmed with tears at seeing Buffy's expression. Willow had known how bad things were last time Riley came around and it could have been worse this time if she hadn't gotten to safety.


"Willow" A pause and she tilted her head, a tear slipping down her face. "Please don't". Willow nodded slightly and wrapped her arm's around herself. She needed to be strong for Buffy and if she let herself succumb to tears then she would be of no use to her. Wiping her eyes, she pushed the hair from her face and let out a deep breath. Buffy gazed down at Tara and ran her arm over her body, her hand gliding through her daughters hair.


"How are you feeling Buffy" Giles asked his hand halfway to his glasses. Buffy shrugged as he started to clean them.


"I'm ok. A little shaken up" Her voice was hushed, not wanting Tara to hear much of what she said. "He- He had a knife" She looked at her mother who was standing next to her.


"You don't have to talk about it just yet. You just get some rest." Joyce said leaning down to kiss Buffy's head. a nurse came into the room to check Buffy's vitals and drip before whispering a few words to Joyce and leaving again.


Spike felt awkward in the room not knowing if he should stand or sit in the chair next to her bed, which no one had sat in. He slowly made his way in between Giles and Willow and hesitantly sat down on the edge of the chair.


"The nurse just want's to talk about release forms and um.. I'll be back soon" Joyce made her way to the door and turned around. Watching Buffy and Spike staring intently at each other she turned to Willow and Giles.. "Willow, Rupert." They each turned and at her head tilt followed her out of the room not before saying bye and get better soon. Buffy just smiled and turned back to Spike.



........................................................................................................................................................


"Hi. Sorry to pull you out like that" Lorne smiled watching Buffy's mother and friends walk out of her room and down the hall towards him. "I'm Lorne, I found your daughter". He said to Joyce handing her his badge.


"Oh your the officer who rang me!" Joyce exclaimed. "Thank you so much for saving her."


"It was nothing. She ran into me sweets" he placed his badge back in his jacket pocket. "I was just there to help. There was a call over the radio saying someone was after a young woman". He looked puzzled.


"Oh that was me. I- uh called the police wh-when Tara ran back to the Bronze." Willow still shaken up ran a hand through her hair.


"I'm sorry to ask you to go through it again. But I'm gonna need to take it all down." Lorne pulled a note pad and pen out and flipped it open. "Theirs going to be a full on investigation made after this" Willow nodded. "I don't know why Buffy didn't say anything when it happened the first time, but this man needs to be caught before he does this to another young woman."


"I know" Willow whispered knowing full well Riley's metal state wasn't very well.


"Come on let's get some coffee" Giles said leading Joyce away from Willow and Lorne and out into the waiting room where the rest of the group sat.


"Now can you tell me from the start what happened tonight" Lorne looked up from his notepad waiting for Willows response.


"We were at the bronze-"

........................................................................................................................................


"How are you doing?" Spike looked at Buffy his voice streamed with emotion. She met his gaze briefly and turned back to Tara.


"I'm-" She was cut off.


"Really luv" Spike watched her face as she stared at her daughter.


"I'm scared" She whispered her hands shaking each time they lifted from Tara's head and then ran back through her hair. "He was gone for so long," She met his gaze, her eyes rimmed with more tears. "and now he's back again" Her bottom lip wobbled. "I don't know what he'll do next." Spike dragged his chair closer to her bed and reached out a hand. He grasped her sore arm's hand in his and intertwined their fingers. "It's not safe anymore." She whispered letting a tear fall as Spike squeezed her hand.


Chapter End Notes:
Well thats another chapter down:).... hope you all like it...