Author's Chapter Notes:
(I’d just like to thank Chriss Nicole for BETAing this story for me:)

and a HUGE thank you to everyone who reviewed on the last chapter:)... you guys are what keep me going: Sotia, guest, PhotographyNut, maddonna001, cordykitten and jeanieofoz

*hugs* :)
Chapter 14:


"We'll figure it all out when the time comes. But just so you know. I like you a lot" Their foreheads were touching. Spike smiled and brushed his nose on hers. (Eskimo kiss style). "And I’d like to keep seeing you. As your boyfriend." He pulled back to look Buffy in the eyes. "If you'll have me of coarse."


..........................................................................................................................................


"If I’ll have you?" Buffy asked pulling back, staring at him. Spike's face faltered, hearing the evident rejection in her voice.


"I-I...Y-you... don't have t-." He was cut off by Buffy's laughter. Looking up he ran a nervous hand through his locks, catching Buffy smiling back at him.


"You don't even have to ask me that." She smiled softly, bringing a hand to his cheek. "I'd like very much for you to be my boyfriend." Stroking his cheek she continued. "If you'll have me as your girlfriend of course?" He pulled back and hmmd.


"Oh I don't know pet, I might have to think on that one for a bit." He chuckled seeing her pouting. "Look at that lip," He leaned forward, bringing a hand to the back of her neck. "Gonna get it." Their kiss was slow, both taking the time to explore each other's mouths. Buffy reached up to run a hand down his arm but let out a strangled groan.


"Ow!" She winced pulling away, cradling her bandaged arm in her lap.


"God luv I’m so sorry!" Spike pulled back, concern all over his face. He stroked her good arm in comfort as Buffy readjusted the bandage that had somehow managed to come loose.


"It’s not your fault," She smiled, doing the elastic bandage clip back up. "It comes undone all the time." Lifting her arm slowly she moved it around. "See. Good as new." Spike frowned at her, not believing for one second that her arm wasn't giving her pain.


"You need to rest some more." Spike stood, pulling her bed spread back for her, motioning for her to get under it.


"Can you stay?" Buffy asked, sliding herself across her bed so there was enough room for Spike to lie down comfortably. "We can watch a move?"


Giving in once again to her pouting lips and puppy eyes he took his boots off and laid himself on top of her bed. Buffy got up and wandered across the room to the small TV that was in the corner, on top of a wheelie table. Wheeling it to the end of her bed with little difficulty she picked a DVD and grabbed the remote.


Spike watched, smiling, as she plonked herself back on her bed, remote control in hand. She handed him the DVD cover as the menu came to the screen.


"Stardust?" Bemused he looked up at the screen.


"You've never seen it?" Buffy asked, placing the remote control on her bedside desk as the opening credits started.


"Can't say that I have pet." He placed the cover on the bedside table next to his side of the bed and laid back against the pillows. Just as the voiceover stared Buffy groaned.


"Damn it. I didn't turn the lights off." Frustrated she tried to maneuver herself up from her current laying down position. Spike placed a hand on her shoulder and pushed her back down.


"A philosopher once asked, are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?"


"I got it pet." He stood and made his way to the door where the light switch was located.


"Pointless, really. Do the stars gaze back? Now, that’s a question."


Laying back down he smiled as Buffy rolled over to snuggle into his side.


"But I’m getting ahead of myself. Our story begins here, 150 years ago..."


..........................................................................................................................................


"I don't care what their all saying. Fix the damn mess!" Anya yelled into her phone before slamming it shut and letting out a frustrated growl. "I hate magazine reporters." Growling some more.


"Sweetie maybe you should take a break? You've been talking to them for at least forty minutes." Xander rubbed Anya's shoulders, releasing them of all the tension that had built up over the last 40 minutes.


"I know, I just," She sighed. "I told him I was going to fix it." Anya reclined back into Giles couch. "I've got it!" She sat up and grabbed her phone. Dialling the all to familiar numbers she grinned as they answered. "Hello? Yes, right. Look it's Anya." She stood and walked away from a frowning Xander. "Yes Love's Bitch publicist." She fiddled with her hair, looking in the small mirror that hung on the wall. "Anyway I just wanted to address this little issue about our boy Spike here and his uh, girlfriend." Anya held the phone away from her ear as the woman on the other end of the phone let out a huge squeal.


"Look I’ll give you the scoop if you can send the word out to everyone." Fixing the lip gloss that had smudged, she flipped her hair one more time and walked away from the mirror. "Spike doesn't take kindly to paparazzi exaggerating his activities." She smiled at Xander who had one eyebrow raised. "Yes I know you know that. Look do you have a pen?" Pacing back and forth Giles small living room she rambled on.


"Her name is Buffy. She has a 4 year old daughter called Tara, who for the record is the worlds biggest sweetie pie. Ooo I could just eat her all up." Anya smiled remembering Tara's smiling face. "Right sorry." The reporter on the other end had gotten impatient and was pressing Anya for more information. "She's Loves Bitch new vocalist?" She looked at Xander for confirmation who just shrugged.


"She is now" He mumbled. This article was going to go everywhere and as soon as it hit the public everyone was going to go ballistic, Loves Bitch has found a new singer.


"No. She's blonde, green eyes. Amazing voice!" Anya beamed. "Anyway how she and Spike met well I......."


..........................................................................................................................................


"You could search the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful."


Buffy had fallen asleep halfway through the movie, snuggled into his side the whole time. Spike was running his fingers through Buffy's hair as she snored softly.


"So yes I know that love is unconditional. But I also know it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable..."


"Don't I know it" Spike chuckled softly watching the screen. The movie wasn't all that bad, actually quite interesting. A fallen star on the run from witches, whom are trying to cut out her heart so they can have eternal youth. She falls in love with a human boy and glows brighter and brighter by the day. Spike looked down at Buffy's golden tresses and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.


It's funny the way love worked. Half a year ago Spike had thought he was in love. Drusilla was his dark goddess. She'd shown him thing's he couldn’t possibly have ever thought of doing. Taught him things he'd never thought he'd know. She was his princess, his salvation. Until she'd ripped his heart out and cut it up into a million tiny little pieces, stomping on it over and over and over again. Everyday until their was hardly a piece of him left to break.


He'd become a womanizer. Wanting to hurt every other woman who wanted him. Hurt them the way she had hurt him. He slept around, held no girlfriend for more than 2 weeks. Was slandered by the paparazzi, accused of doing drunks and binge drinking. If it wasn't for Angel, Xander and Oz he was sure he'd be in a place right now, a hole so deep no one was going to dig him out of.


They'd placed him back on the path. They'd made a new album, which had gone platinum after only a few short months. Devon had fallen down the same dark path as Spike had. Drusilla having cheated on Spike with Devon, only did the same thing to him. Except this time No one was going to help Devon.


Spike looked down at Buffy and placed another kiss to her forehead. If it wasn't for the choices he'd made months ago, he wouldn't be here today. Wouldn't have her in his arms right now, wouldn't have ever met Tara or Joyce. Wouldn't be dating Buffy right now.


"Mmm." Buffy rolled slightly in discomfort. Spike moved to the side and placed another pillow under her arm.


"Go back to sleep pet." He whispered making himself comfortable. Pulling the top blanket over himself Spike lay next to Buffy, kissing her head one last time before turning to watch the ending of the movie.


Chapter End Notes:
let me know what you think:).... reviews feed my muse people lol.... they help me to write faster

(oh and if you didn't know... the quotes in this chapter are from the movie Stardust )