Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to everyone who has reviewed so far:):Spikes_slayer08, PhotographyNut, cordykitten, Pet, jamies_lady, Sotia and guest.......You guys keep me and my muse going:)


And a massive thank you to the person who nominated this story at the spuffy awads:) I really appreciate it hehe so *hugs*


ALSO thank you again to my lovely beta who took the time to edit this chapter for me Chriss Nicole:) *hugs*


Oh and the picture above I made the other day:)..... I hope you all like it.... Thanks heaps to Tracie76Stock on Deviantart for supplying the picture that inspired Tara's look:) *sigh* and I know i'm missing a few important characters i.e... Joyce and Giles and Dawns BF.... but all the characters on there play an important role in this story.... hmm and why is cordelia on their you may ask.... hehe your just going to have to keep reading to find out:)
Chapter 15:


"Mommy!" Tara bounced up the stairs, excitement laced her voice, as she pushed open the door to her mothers bedroom.


"Mmm." Was Buffy's groggy reply. She rolled over just as Tara jumped up onto the bed. Quickly glancing at her alarm clock that sat on her beside table, she registered that it was 4pm. She and Spike had been asleep for a better half of the day.


"I got to see the ephalants!" She exclaimed, eyes wide, holding up a stuffed grey elephant plushie before wriggling her way between her mother and Spike. She smiled when her mother grabbed the stuffed elephant.


"Where they this big?" She asked eyebrow raised.


"No silly!" Tara giggled.


"Of coarse not pet." Spike scoffed, looking at Buffy with a 'You should know this already,' face. He reached over and lifted the toy from her grasp. "Their as big as the house!" He exclaimed, stretching his arm up high, emphasizing 'big'.


"No their not!" Tara laughed as Spike tickled her with the toy.


Dawn had followed her excited niece up the stairs and now stood silently watching the interaction between the trio, a smile playing on her lips. They look like a family she thought, before knocking softly on the doorframe. Buffy looked up from her position on her bed, Tara giggling as she tried to explain the size of the elephants at the zoo.


"How are you feeling today?"


"I'm better," She was smiling, her gaze traveling back and forth between Spike and Tara, who were imitating elephants and her sister who's face was still a mask of concern. "Really, I am." Dawn frowned. She hadn't been there the night before when Buffy had been taken to the emergency ward, having been in LA with Connor.


"What’s all this commotion about?"


"Hey mum." Buffy waved, just as Tara bounced up and down on her bed, trying to be a playful elephant on all fours. "Gentle sweetie!" Exclaimed Buffy, lifting her injured arm away from her daughter.


"Sorry mommy." She pouted before giving her a hug.


"William, would you like to stay for dinner?" Joyce asked, motioning towards the stairs.


"I-I, uh, ok." He shrugged, not sure whether to decline the invitation or not.


"Tara sweetie, come help your old grams cook some dinner" Joyce held out her hand and waited for Tara to slip from the bed and grasp her tiny hand in hers.


Their was an awkward silence between Dawn, Buffy and Spike.


"Right well, I’m gonna just-," Dawn motioned towards the stairs.


"No stay." Spike stood, and made his way around the bed. "Talk to your sis," he picked up his boots and walked towards the door. Dawn had moved inside the room and was now standing at the edge of the Buffy’s bed. "I'm just gonna go see what the ladies are up to." He smiled at Buffy, before shutting the door behind him, his footsteps could be heard as he descended the stairs.


"So you guys!" Dawn raised her eye brows in a suggestive manner, taking in the array of the ruffled bed sheets.


Buffy's eyes widened. "Mind in the gutter much?!" She exclaimed. "And for your information, we watched a movie and fell asleep." Reaching behind herself, she grabbed a few more pillows and placed them underneath her back for support. Dawn plonked herself next to her sister on the mattress.


"So no more of the raunchy Bronze make-out session's?" Dawn laughed, seeing Buffy's wide but shameful eyes.


"Oh god!" She exclaimed, mortified.


............................................................................................................................................


"So did you have a good time bit?" Spike asked, taking a seat at the island, watching as Tara passed her grandmother various ingredients. The little girl nodded in response. "What was your favorite part?"


"The ephalants and the tiggers," she beamed, Spike letting out a chuckle in response to Tara's pronunciation of the animals.


"Honey your just to cute!" Joyce laughed, placing the kettle on the stove to boil. "William would you like a coffee or a tea?."


"Tea's fine." He smiled. Tara had wriggled her way to the edge of the bench obviously trying to get down. Spike stood and lift her in his arms, smiling when the little girl snuggled into his embrace. The shrill ringing of the phone broke his trance.


"Hello, Joyce Summers speaking." Joyce answered, placing her knife on the chopping board as she answered the phone. "Uh, y-yes." Her voice took on a shaky tone. "Oh," her eyes met Spikes, as he watched the older woman intently. "I'll get her to come r-right i-in," with shaky hands she placed the cordless phone back in it's holder.


"Everything alright?" Spike placed Tara on the floor, as the little girl watched her kitten scurry around the room before running after it into the lounge room.


"Yes a-and no."


"Right-" Spike raised an eyebrow.


"That was Lorne on the phone," at Spikes bemused look she continued. "The police officer who found Buffy yesterday."


"Oh."


"Apparently something's come up in the investigation and Buffy's needed at the police station."


.............................................................................................................................................


Half an hour earlier at Sunnydale bus depot a very pregnant woman stepped off her bus that had just arrived from LA.


"Watch it!" She yelled out, as a burly man pushed his way past her, eager for a cigarette. "God, people are so rude!" She spoke to herself, collecting her bag from the bus driver who was chucking luggage from the bottom compartment of the bus.


Waddling over to the nearest bench, the woman sat down and unscrewed the bottle of water that had been sitting in her bag. It was warm, but a drink none the less. As soon as the first few gulps were down, the all to familiar flutters in her stomach started, signaling her child's movement.


"It's ok sweetie, Mommy will keep you safe," she whispered, stroking her belly. "We'll make sure he doesn't hurt anyone else."


"Cordelia Chase?" Looking up, she was met by two police officers.


Chapter End Notes:
mwahahaha...... bet your all going *gasp* no way.....


hehehe you'll just have to wait til the next update:)....


don't forget to review... i love hearing your responces AND they feed my muse and make me write faster:)