Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to everyone who has reviewed so far:): v4viper, PhotographyNut, cordykitten, Sotia and Pet


ALSO thank you again to my lovely beta who took the time to edit this chapter for me Chriss Nicole:) *hugs*


I don’t know when I’m going to update again…. I’ve got my year 12 half yearly exams coming up soon and I’ve had a lot of assignments that need to be done so I can pass my HSC. I’m currently working on my PIP (Personal Interest Project) for society and culture and it’s currently 11,311 words long.


Hopefully I’ll have another update and if I’m lucky have enough time to write 2 updates before all of my exams start…


So heres to hoping *smiles*.
Chapter 17:


"No. But I'd really like you to meet her, if you're ok with it?" Slowly, Buffy nodded her head in agreement.


"I never...I never wanted anyone else to get hurt," her voice was strained, her hand reaching to her hip where the scars Riley had left on her were. A permanent reminder of what he'd done. And now this woman had sca rs of her own. Something that should never have happened.


...................................................................................................................................................


Knocking on the door to the interrogation room, Lorne guided Buffy inside. Cordelia was still sitting, wiping the tears from her eyes, she looked up, having heard the door open, she smiled glad for the interruption. The interviewer gazed at Lorne with questioning eyes, before nodding and leaving the room at Lorne's look of 'It's ok'.


"How are you doing?" Buffy stood by the door, nervously glancing over Cordelia's form whilst Lorne spoke to her.


"Been better," she laughed, wiping away again the few remaining tears that lingered on her cheeks. Buffy for the first time let out a gasp as Cordelia tucked her short hair behind her ear, bringing her attention to the pink line or a scar that resided on her neck. "Who is-?" Cordelia leant on the table around Lorne to catch a glimpse of the female standing in the room.


"This is Buffy Summers..."


Cordelia's eyes widened. "B-Buffy Summers?" she whispered, her hand touching the fading scar on her neck.


"Hi," Buffy smiled, tentatively, walking a few steps closer. "I'm-"


"Th- the, Buffy Summers?" Cordelia glanced at Lorne, his nod confirming her question.


"Cordelia, Buffy wanted to speak to you...Is that ok?" Lorne took Buffy's hand and guided her to the vacated chair, the interviewer had moments before been occupying.


"Uh- sure," Cordy watched Buffy take a seat opposite her. Lorne gestured to the door before telling them he'd be gone for 5 minutes. Turning, he gave them one last glance before walking out of the room, shutting the door behind him.


"So..." Buffy gave Cordelia a soft smile. Cordy stared blankly at her in return.


..............................................................................................................................


Lorne joined Joyce and watched through the glass as Buffy and Cordelia started a conversation.


"How long has she been here?" Joyce asked, as soon as Lorne walked back into the room.


"Only a couple of hours," he took his spot standing next to Joyce. "We got a call from our LA branch, telling us they'd had another girl hurt by the same guy," he met Joyce's eyes. "By Riley. After the incident with Buffy=2 0the other night, we called Miss. Chase out here." Joyce raised an eyebrow questioning their methods. "We're hoping to catch Finn and need more than just one witness to put him away for good."


"Oh"


"We plan on putting him away for life, Mrs Summers, not just a 25 year sentence." Lorne turned his attention back to the two woman sitting in the interrogation room.

.......................................................................................................................................


"I've known about you..." Cordelia was the first to break the silence. "Not a lot. But I knew your name," she fiddled with the bottom of her shirt. "He was obsessed with you," looking up she caught Buffy's eye. "Your hair," Buffy's hand went to her blonde locks and tucked a few stray pieces behind her ears. "Said it was like sunshine. H-he said-"


Buffy reached across the table and clasped one of Cordelia's hands in hers. "You don't have to..." Cordy looked up with a frown. "You don't have to tell me, if you don't want to."


"It's ok," she whispered, a few tears forming. "It helps, you know. Helps having someone to talk to who understands." Buffy nodded and waited for Cordelia to continue. She picked up her chair and brought it around the table so that she was now sitting adjacent to her.


"When he was-" Cordelia let out a shaky breath trying to gather herself before she continued. "When he was doing those things to me, he kept saying your name, that you were his, that he marked you a-and that n-no one," her voice was20getting softer. "No one would ever have you again because of it. He scared you for life a-and now he's done it to me," her resolve broke and her tears flowed as her hand reached for the scar on her neck.


"Hey," Buffy was unsure what to do, with a shaky hand she squeezed Cordelia's and stood. Cordy watched Buffy stand, trying to contain her tears as she did. "He did scar me," Buffy pulled her jeans down low on her hip, revealing the words that Riley had etched into her skin with his knife. Cordy gasped seeing the faded pink lines, her hand touching the small one Riley had left on her neck. Her scars were nothing in comparison to what he'd done to the woman standing in front of her. "I've never-" Buffy looked down and traced over the words. "I've never been with anyone else.... I was to scared," she pulled her pants back up and sat down next in her seat. "Physically and mentally."


"How did you get through it all?" Cordy's hand rubbed her fluttering belly, her child making its presence known. "He's left me with two permanent reminders that I'll-" she was cut off by Buffy.


"He did that to me too," she reached into her back pocket and pulled out her wallet. "Left me with more than just one reminder of what he did to me," flicking through it's contents she found a photo of Tara and smiled softly as she handed it over to Cordy.


"She's beautiful," she smiled. "Is she?"


"She's his, yes." Buffy smiled as Cordelia handed back the photo. "You're not alone in this. There are people who understand and if you ever need anyone to talk to, i'm here."


"Thank you." Cordelia stood just as Buffy did and engulfed her in a hug.


Lorne knocked on the door and walked in, paperwork in his hands. "Cordy we've set you up to stay at the Sunnydale Inn, w-"


"You're kidding me right?!" Buffy exclaimed, shuddering at the thought of this very pregnant woman sleeping in a roach infested hotel. "If that’s the best you guys can do then she's coming home with me!"


"Buffy you don't ha-" Cordy was cut off by Buffy laugh.


"If you want to sleep in a roach infested dump like that, then by all means," she held up her hands in defense. "Be my guest. But if you want to sleep on a comfy mattress with a nice meal then come home with me and my mum." Buffy could see Cordelia struggling with her response. "You can meet my daughter?" Cordy's head snapped up and she smiled.


"My baby has a big sister," realization finally hit and she grinned.


"Right then," Lorne held open the door for the couple. "Buffy we'll need to get some details from you for contact purposes and then we'll have someone escort you all home."


Cordy placed a hand on her belly and stroked it. 'Everything's going to be alright now. I'm not alone anymore.'


Chapter End Notes:
:):).... theirs a break in the angst.... just for a little while......

but we all know it won't stay away for long