Author's Chapter Notes:
Again, as always thank you to everyone who reviewed on the last chapter: cordykitten, Lady Kaos, PhotographyNut, Pet ans Sotia… *hugs* you all


ALSO thank you again to my lovely beta who took the time to edit this chapter for me Chriss Nicole:) *hugs*


I really don’t know much about the whole police and jail system so my writings on the topic are going to be a little bit shaky… but I hope you enjoy the next few chapters none the less.
Chapter 20:


“Mommy, I’m thirsty.” Tara said, breaking the silence that had seemed to engulf the group.


“C’mon sweetie I’ll get you some juice.” Buffy smiled taking her daughter from Spikes arms. “Cordy would you like anything to drink?” Buffy asked, a smiled on her face seeing Angel and Cordelia sparing glances at each other from the corner of their eyes.


“No thanks, I’m not thirsty at the moment.” Cordy continued to rock back and forth on the swing, soothing her stomach.


“Angel?” Buffy asked, turning to face Angel.


“I’m good.” Angel replied, meeting Buffy’s gaze before turning to stare at Cordelia.


“Ok then.” Buffy let out a laugh before turning to walk into her house.


“Le’ me help you with that, Pet.” Spike said, rushing behind Buffy. Shutting the front door as he did so, not wanting to be stuck outside with Angel and Cordelia and the awkward silence that had once again consumed the atmosphere.


“Apple juice, apple juice.” Tara chanted  bouncing herself in Buffy’s arms. Buffy winced and placed Tara on the bench to sit.


“You’ve got to be careful with mommy, remember sweetie?” Buffy asked, nursing her stinging arm.


“Sorry mommy.” Tara’s bottom lip wobbled her eyes starting to form tears.


“Don’t cry baby,” Buffy smiled kissing the top of Tara’s head. “Just be careful next time,” she opened the fridge and retrieved the apple juice, reaching with her good arm she grabbed Tara’s plastic cup and filled it half with apple juice. She turned to walk to the sink to fill the other half of the cup with water but stopped in her tracks seeing the sight before her.


“Give us a smile, luv.” Spike smiled, trying to tickle Tara’s sides who was sitting with her arms crossed over her chest a frown marring her features. She wasn’t budging. “C’mon, I know you got one in there for me.” Spike smiled, leaning down to blow raspberry’s on her cheek making Tara giggle.  “Ah huh!” Spike exclaimed blowing another raspberry on her cheek.


Buffy held Tara’s cup in one hand, a smile on her face as she watched Spike point to his own cheek with his index finger waiting for Tara to blow a raspberry on it.


Tara was hesitant at first but slowly leaned forward and attempted to blow a raspberry on Spikes cheek, which resulted in Tara slobbering all over Spikes cheek. Spike let out a laugh and pulled back, tickling Tara’s sides before lifting her down from the bench to put her on the floor where her cat, BB was sitting.


Buffy filled the remainder of the cup with water and handed it to Tara who followed her cat into the lounge room. As soon as Tara left the room Spike came to stand in front of her, his arms wrapping themselves around her waist.


Buffy tightened her arms around Spike, breathing in his scent as she rest her head on his chest.


“You alright, Pet? You’re quiet.” Spike asked, leaning back to meet Buffy’s eyes.


Buffy smiled softly before leaning up to capture his lips in a brief kiss.


“Your amazing.” She whispered, her nose touching his.


“Buffy,” Spike whispered, his hand coming to cup the back of her head. “I think I’m falling in love with you.” His voice was soft as his hand threaded it’s way through her hair.


“I-I-” Buffy stuttered a few seconds later not knowing what to say, she didn’t know what she was feeling. Did she love Spike? Could she let herself love him? What were her feelings towards him?


Before she could say anything else Spike cut her off, his lips descending down to meet hers in an urgent kiss. Buffy felt his tongue slip across her lips and opened her own lips granting him access.


The kiss was heated as Spike poured everything he felt into it making Buffy dizzy. She gripped his shoulders as his free hand slipped down her back pulling her body flush against his as he pushed her into the edge of the sink.


Just as his hands were about to slip lower on her waist their was a cough from behind them.


“God, get a room.” Angel laughed, nudging Cordelia who giggled in response.


“There are minors in here.” Cordy smiled, tilting her head in the direction of the lounge room where Tara’s giggles could be heard.


“Right, I uh-” Spike stuttered nervously pulling away from Buffy as he ran a hand through his hair.

“Lorne is here.” Cordelia said, pointing to the front door.


“Oh!” Buffy exclaimed still holding onto the kitchen sink for support. Angel, Cordelia and Spike all started to walk towards the door but Buffy grabbed Spikes elbow.


“Buffy I um,” Spike met her eyes and was unsure what to say. When Buffy hadn’t said anything after he told her he thought he was falling in love with her, he felt his heart rate increase with nerves. Did she like him enough to love him? Had he just made a complete git of himself.


Buffy’s next words confirmed all his thoughts.


She reached up on her tip-toes so her lips were close to his ears as she whispered. “I think, I’m falling too,” before she kissed his cheek softly and walked out the front door to talk to Lorne.


When Spike joined the group outside he briefly glanced at the sun setting in the distance before glancing down at Buffy, a huge grin on his face. Angel raised an eyebrow in suspicion.


“Riley’s hit again.” Were the first things Buffy heard Lorne say before the slice in her arm started to really sting. Cordy’s hands immediately went to her stomach and Angels eyes narrowed. “We got a call in this morning,” Lorne sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as he recalled the last few hours. “A young woman who looked an awful lot like you,” Lorne’s eyes met Buffy’s just as Spike wrapped his arms around her waist. “She uh-. Let’s just say she’s not going to be around anymore.”


Cordy gasped, her hands stroking her belly.


“Riley was hitting up brothels in a certain area. The search came up with nothing and we widened the area in which we were covering.” Lorne took another deep breath before continuing. Knowing full the next parts of information were going to shock everyone. “We found him.”


“Oh thank god.” Buffy breathed a sigh of relief, her shoulders relaxing.


“It’s about god damn time.” Cordelia exclaimed.


“That’s not all.” Lorne sighed, afraid to put a damper on their moods.


“What is it?” Spike asked his hand rubbing circles on Buffy’s lower back.


“We took him in but before we could charge him this woman comes in. Maggie Walsh or something- anyway she says she’s with the military and wants to pay Finn's bail to get him out.”


“She can’t do that. You’ve pinned him for murder, you have witnesses!” Buffy exclaimed her heart racing.


“Buffy,” Lorn started. “Riley claims to have been in his room at his hotel in the hours that the woman was killed. We need you and Cordelia to come in an-”


“Please don’t ask me to do that.” Buffy whispered tears in her eyes.


“He’s going to get out and hurt someone else if you don’t take him to court and charge him for raping and abusing you!” Lorne yelled frustrated.


“Mommy?” Tara asked from the front door making Buffy jump.


“Sweetie why don’t you go upstairs and play with your dolls?” Buffy smiled bending down to Tara's height.


“Can William come too?”


“Sure bit. Peaches,” Spike turned and motioned for Angel to follow. “Why don’t you come to.”


“Peaches.” Tara giggled slipping her hand into Spikes. Buffy watched the three of them ascend the stairs before speaking.


“I can’t face him. I ca-” Buffy was cut off by Cordelia.


“He’s going to hurt other people if we don’t do something,” she whispered, bringing her hand up to Buffy’s shoulder in comfort.


“I know I just. I’ve been through so much because of him already.” She met Lorne’s gaze. “I had my life on track, even got a new job,” she laughed feeling her career as a professional singer drift further and further away. “He keeps messing with my life.”


“We’ll do this together Buffy.” Cordy said. “He’s not going to hurt another young girl.”


“We plan, with both your help, to put him away for a very, very long time.” Lorne’s tone of voice was pleading.


“I’ll do it.” Buffy whispered softly before turning her head from the ground to meet Lorne’s gaze. He nodded and smiled and wrote down a few things on a piece of paper before briefly telling her and Cordelia what was going to happen.


In two days Buffy would have to face the man that had changed her life forever. In two days he was going to change It again.


Buffy rubbed her hands up and down her arms as she slowly walked up the stairs to Tara’s room.


Chapter End Notes:
Riley attacks again... dun dun dun.... will buffy be able to face her fears and finally speak up about her past... in a room full of judges... and just who is maggie walsh??

Buffy's falling for Spike *gasp*

hehehehe

I hope you're all still keen to find out *evil laughs*