Author's Chapter Notes:
I haven't updated this story in a while due to a certain review i got that put me off writing this story. I've had 4 days off from work and decided to sit down and write the next chapter so here it is:).

A massive thank you to Chriss Nicole:) *hugs* who Beta'd this chapter ASAP for me:)

Thank you to…basket_case1880, IT, PhotographyNut, cordykitten and Pet for reviewing :) *hugs* you all
Chapter 21:


Angel and Spike were sitting on Tara’s bedroom floor watching Tara play with her dolls when Buffy walked into the room.  


“Everything ok?” Spike asked as Cordelia stepped into the room, her hands rubbing her belly in a soothing motion.  


“Lorne wants us to testify,” Buffy whispered, running a shaky hand through her hair.  


“That‘s good though. That‘ll put him away for a long time.” Angel said, standing.  


“You have no idea what he’s capable of,” Buffy whispered, her voice laced with fear.  


“Maybe we should take this to another room?” Spike said standing, glancing at Tara who was staring at them all intently.  


Buffy nodded her agreement.  


“Sweetie, we're just going to be downstairs if you need us, ok.”  


“Ok, Mommy.” Tara smiled, picking up another one of her dolls.  


“I don’t know if I can do it,” Cordelia said, shaking her head as she descended the stairs. “I know I should…I have to do it. But I don’t know if I can face him again…” she whispered.  


Buffy, Spike and Angel had reached the bottom of the staircase and were watching Cordelia.  


“I don’t know if I can rehash my nightmare in front of a courtroom full of people,” she reached up and touched the scar on her neck, a permanent reminder that Riley would forever haunt her. “I just don’t know.”  


“Cordy are you ok?” Buffy asked alarmed, watching as Cordelia’s eyes fluttered.  


“I don’t feel so good,” she swayed, reaching the last step on the staircase.  


“Woah!” Angel gasped, catching Cordelia as she stumbled into his arms. “I’ve got you,” he whispered as she grabbed her head to stop the spinning.  


“I feel kind of dizzy,” she whispered.  


“Let’s sit you down,” Spike said, walking into the lounge room and pointing for Angel to lay her on the couch.  


“I’ll get a glass of water.” Buffy rushed into the kitchen and grabbed a glass, quickly filling it up with water.  


Angel brushed the hair out of Cordelia’s eyes and laid the back of his hand on her forehead, feeling for a temperature.  


“Are you feeling ok? You don’t look so good,” Angel brushed her cheek with his hand, meeting her gaze. “You feel a little warm.”  


“Here drink this,” Buffy came back into the room and passed the glass of chilled water to Cordelia who immediately took a few sips.  


“Thanks.”  


“Maybe we should get you to the hospital.” Angel said, standing.  


Cordelia let out a laugh and took another sip of water.  


“I’m fine,” she met Angels gaze, who raised an eyebrow in question. “I’m fine, really,” she glanced at Buffy and then Spike. “I just need to get some fresh air.”  


Seeing Cordelia struggling to stand, Angel reached out and helped her up, taking the glass out of her hand as he led her to the front door.  


“I think he likes her,” Spike leant down and whispered into Buffy’s ear.  


“You think?” Buffy smiled, amused, the tone of her voice saying ‘Duh’.  


Spike and Buffy followed Angel and Cordelia out the front door and watched as Angel helped her into the porch swing seat, before taking a seat next to her, handing her back her drink.  


“Thanks,” Cordy smiled.  


“Any time.”  


“Are you guy’s going to be ok? I just want to check on Tara, make sure she’s ok.” Buffy asked, already slowly stepping back into the house.  


“Buffy,” Cordy sighed. “I’m fine. Go check on your daughter.”  


“Are you sure?”  


At Cordelia’s raised eyebrow and frustrated look Buffy raised her hands in surrender.  


“I’m going, I’m going.”  


Cordelia raised her eyebrow at Spike, waiting for him to get the hint and leave.  


“Right,” Spike coughed, running a hand through his hair. “I’m going to go help Buffy….check on Tara.” he quickly stepped inside the house, closing the front door behind him.  


Cordy leant back in the chair and laid her head on the back of the chair, listening to Spike’s footsteps as he ascended the stairs.  


“D-did you want me to go?” Angel asked, nervously.  


“No,” Cordelia answered a little bit to quickly, letting out a nervous laugh. “I’d like your company.”  


They were silent for a few minutes before Angel nervously let out a deep breath.  


“So….”  

………………………………...........................  


“Cordelia’s right, you know.” Buffy sighed walking into her bedroom with Spike close behind her.  


She had checked on Tara moments before. The little girl was quite content when her mother had turned on the TV and placed another Disney movie in the DVD player. Tara had pulled her pillow from her bed and laid down on the floor, eyes focused on what was going on in front of her.  


“Right about what, luv?” Spike asked, taking a seat on the edge of the bed, watching as Buffy paced back and forth in front of him.  


“About not being able to convey her nightmare to a courtroom full of people. Let alone have Riley sitting in front of her, smirking because it gets him off. Sick bastard.” Buffy growled, frustrated. “It’s been four years since…. And he’s still ruining people’s lives,” Buffy met Spike’s eyes. “He’s still ruining my life.” Her eyes welled with tears.  


“C’mere luv,” Spike reached out for Buffy’s hand, pulling her to sit beside him.  


“I don’t know if I have the strength left in me to testify against him. H-he’s going to be there, watching me when I tell the court w-what he did to me. He doesn’t know about Tara, that she’s his.” Spike could see in Buffy’s eyes that she was fearful. He knew that she needed to do this. To testify against Riley and put him away for good, to stop him from hurting any other innocent women.  


“Do you want me there?” Spike asked, squeezing Buffy’s hand. “I’ll be your emotional support,” he smiled.  


Buffy sniffled and met his eyes, a few tears slipping down her cheeks.  


“I can’t do that to you. It’ll be in the news, in magazines…” Spike cut her off.  


“If you want me there,” he cupped her cheek at let his eyes rest on hers. “If you need me to be there, then I will.”  


“People are going to find out about my past. It might put a damper on your career.” Buffy whispered sadly.  


“Hey, none of that. Being with me is going to suck at the biggest times. Being Love’s Bitch new singer is going to suck at the biggest times.” Spike laughed, wiping away a few of her tears. “People are constantly in your life, you hardly have any privacy. But you put up with it because others need you. Our fan’s love us. We create music for them, bring some of them peace and understanding with our lyrics. We make things easier for others.”  


Buffy smiled sadly and nodded.  


“You once told me that when you find that one thing that keeps you grounded,” Spike kissed her softly on the lips. “You don’t ever let it go,” he met her eyes. “And I don’t plan to.”  


“Spike,” Buffy whispered, right before Spike’s lips crashed down to hers in a passion filled kiss.  

Buffy didn’t know what the next few day’s held, but she knew that Spike was going to be there for her. When the time came for her to testify in a courtroom full of people, with Riley sitting in the room, smirking, she knew that Spike was going to be there to pick up the pieces.  


She just hoped the paparazzi didn’t blow the situation out of hand. As Spike slipped his tongue into her mouth and Buffy crawled into his lap, she prayed that Anya was able to sort out the tabloids, but she couldn’t help but feel that the situation with Riley wasn’t anywhere near over.


Chapter End Notes:
I'm SOOO sorry about the massive gap in between updates ??? thoughts on the chapter anyone?