Author's Chapter Notes:
The characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer are owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and Fox studios.

*sigh* :( we all know who we'd like to own
Chapter 3:


Buffy bobbed her head, softly singing along to the music playing over the sound system. "…wheat wheels keep on turning, carry me home to see my kin, singing songs about the south land..." Spike laughed to himself as he watched the blonde. She was smiling as she said goodbye to the people passing her as she was wiping the table tops.


"Sweet home Alabama, where the sky's are so blue, sweet home Alabama, lord I'm coming home to you…" Buffy was swaying her hips to the beat, picking up one chair at the time and stacking them on the table she had just finished cleaning. Suddenly looking up in the middle of the dance, she noticed the bleach blonde who had been with the group of people walking in during her song. He was looking at her again. Blushing, she turned to the next table, continuing to stack the chairs.


"Can I help you, you guys look kinda lost?" Harmony smiled seductively, swaying her hips as she walked up to the group of people standing near the newly cleaned tables.


"Hey there gorgeous, we’re looking for a guy called Ben," Angel said, smiling seductively at the girl who just smiled and puffed out her chest at him.


Flinging her blonde hair from her neck and pouting her red lips, Harmony continued; "He's over there." She pointed at Ben who was near the bar, talking to Glory. Spike was still staring at Buffy, who hadn't looked up again since he had smiled at her while she was dancing and cleaning.


"Thanks." Oz smiled as they walked over to the bar. Buffy had just turned around to see what other chairs needed to be stacked, when Harmony came, almost running, over to her.


"OH MY GOD, they are so hot! Blondie bear was such a cutie, with eyes to die for! But the brunette on the left was giving me the looks, if you know what I mean…" Harmony said exciting, raising her eyebrows in a suggestive manner. Buffy just laughed. Shaking her head, she handed Harmony the cloth, now covered in dirt from the tables.


.........................................................................


"Are you Ben?" Anya asked, coming to stand on the other side of the bar.


"That’s me, gorgeous, how can I help you?" Ben smiled. Glory had stormed out moments before, telling him she’d be waiting for him in the car. 10 minutes of waiting at The Bronze was just too much for her. Xander slid his arm around Anya's waist, making a point of showing that she was off limits. Ben just smiled, waiting for them to continue.


"We’re the members of a band called ‘Loves Bitch’, and…" Angel started, but was immediately cut off by two squealing girls.


"Oh my God, it's you! It's them, OH MY GOD!! Can we please have your autographs?" They said the last part in unison, smiling excitedly.


"Oh my God, oh my God…" one of the girls repeated under her breath, her body shaking with nerves.


"Sure!" Oz said, getting everyone to sign the piece of paper the girls had handed him. Smiling, he returned it to the girls who squealed before thanking them and then left with huge smiles on their faces.


Buffy, who had heard the squealing, looked up. 'Who the hell in God's name is Loves Bitch? Meh! Buffy shrugged, dismissing the thought.


"As I was saying, we’re the Loves Bitch. Our lead singer has just left the band due to certain circumstances, and we’re here in Sunnydale because we’re looking for someone to replace him. We were wondering if we could hold auditions in your club," Xander explained, fingers crossed behind his back. Smiling in surprise, Ben nodded. Something like that would be great publicity for the club!


"Yeah, sure, no problem. Though I will charge you 50 bucks an hour." Ben smiled, seeing the female member of the group sending him a glare.


"That's fine, mate." Spike smiled. The blonde girl he’d been watching so intently before suddenly came up to the bar to speak to Ben.


"I'll see you in a few days Ben, bye!" Buffy put her apron behind the bar. Slipping on her black jacket, she smiled shyly at the group before turning around and headed towards the door. Bidding goodnight to the bouncer, she jumped into her car and took off.


...................................Summers House..........................................


"Mommy, BB needs her breakfast," Tara said, holding the small kitten in her arms as she entered the kitchen. Buffy placed her cup of coffee on the island, and went to pour some of the kitten food into the saucer she had used the day before.


"Here you go, sweetie." Buffy smiled, handing the saucer to Tara. The girl put BB down on the floor in front of the food, smiling as the kitten sniffed at it before she started munching on the little chunks.


"Look BB, brekkie’s good for you, it’s yummy!" Tara knelt down to pat BB on her back as she continued to eat.


"Sweetie, don't do that, she might bite you," Buffy told her daughter in alarm, worried that the cat was going to chomp her daughters hand. Just as Buffy had said that, BB hissed at Tara, causing her to reel back and run to her mother, clinging to her thigh's.


"Animals don't like being patted while eating, baby, so don't do it again, ok?" Buffy smiled, wiping the tears from Tara's face. Tara nodded slowly as her mother bent down to kiss the top of her head.


"Buffy dear, have you seen my hoop earrings?" Joyce asked, gesturing to her bare ears as she walked into the kitchen. Tara left the room, sucking on her thumb. Buffy watched her daughter’s retreating back.


"Keep doing that, and you'll be stuck that way!" Buffy warned the girl, who immediately removed the thumb from her mouth and ran into the lounge room. Buffy turned to her mother with a smile and bid her good morning. "They’re over here," she then said with a laugh, handing her mother the silver hoop earrings off of the bench.


Buffy wore a pair of faded pale blue jeans. The top, which she had cut off so there were no belt loops, left the top jagged and frayed to give the jeans a fashionable look. To that, she wore a black top which only covered her left shoulder. It tied at her right side and had mesh like patterned material hanging from the shoulder. It was cut at a slant, showing off a bit of her stomach. She wore her hair down, hanging in waves around her face. As always, she’d put on minimal makeup, a simple pink lipgloss finishing her look.


"Mommy, can you do my hair now please?" Tara asked as she came running back into the kitchen with her hair brush. Buffy sat down at the island, watching Joyce starting to make a salad for Tara's birthday barbeque.


"Sure sweetie, what would you like? Pony tail?" Buffy messed up her own hair to make it look like a really messy pony tail. Tara giggled, shaking her head no. "Hmm… no to the pony tail… what about one here?" Buffy went on, making her messy pony tail go to the side of her head. Tara's fits of giggles and laughter told her that was a no as well. Joyce looked up from cutting the cucumber and smiled, seeing Buffy making faces at Tara. Buffy gasped out loud in an over exaggerated tone.


"I've got it! Let’s go into the lounge room with you, missy." Buffy said, swooping her laughing daughter up into her arms and ran into the lounge room.


"Oh, play!" Tara smiled before picking up the remote and pushed the play button.


"Ah yes, the terrible sleeping beauty strikes again…" Buffy smiled as well, kissing the top of Tara's head as she was half way through doing one of the two braids. Suddenly the phone rang. She stopped braiding and reached over to pick it up when she heard her mother calling.


"I'll get it!" Joyce came down the stairs quickly, passed the two girls into the kitchen where she finally picked up the phone midway through a ring.


"What should I wear, Mommy?" Tara asked, turning away from the TV as Buffy finished the second braid.


"Hmm… How ‘bout that nice blue dress Grams bought you?" Buffy smiled as Tara nodded, then ran past Joyce up the stairs as fast as her little legs would carry her.


Joyce came back into the lounge room. "That was Giles calling. He said he’s bringing 5 more people, which is ok I guess, since aunt Nancy and her 3 kids won't be here." She smiled, leaning against the door frame that lead from the lounge room into the kitchen.


"Oh, ok." Buffy got up from the couch and made her way over to her mother.


"It's 11:10 now. Everyone should be here at 12. Wanna help me getting the salads ready?" Joyce asked, stepping away from the door frame and followed her daughter into the kitchen.


...........................Giles Apartment .........................


Giles had finally finished his book. Not that even half of the words had actually fully sunk into his brain, due to the amount of snoring, not to mention complaints of wanting to go to a hotel so Anya could have her way with Xander. The band members were currently lounged around on Giles' couches with their feet up on the coffee table.


"God, she was hot!" Angel smirked, placing his hands behind his neck and leaning back onto the couch.


"Definitely!" Xander agreed. A slap and a glare from Anya got him to be silent, but then he smiled at the others and wiggled his eyebrows as soon as Anya had averted her gaze from his face. Oz let out a chuckle.


"Hell of a woman, that one. Had a set of pipes on her too, wonder if she'll come to the audition," Spike said, pulling the recliner back to the maximum.


"Yeah, she'd be pretty good." Oz nodded in agreement to Spikes statement.


"I liked her hair. Wonder what I'd look like as a blonde, Honey what do you think?" Anya asked her boyfriend, fiddling with her hair from her position on Xander's lap. He nodded and smiled at her in response, and was rewarded with a quick peck on the lips.


"God, she was hot…" Angel repeated with a sigh. Giles choose that moment to walk out of his library, which was situated in the back room of his apartment.


"Who is hot?" Giles asked, kicking Angel's feet off of his coffee table which caused Angel to lose his balance and hurry to sit up properly. Spike laughed.


"A girl who was singing at The Bronze last night," Angel told him, placing one leg over his knee; the male equivalent of crossing his legs. Putting his arms back behind his neck, he reclined back into the couch.


"She was really good." Anya nodded, smiling as Xander wrapped his arms around her waist.


"I see. Well, I just got off the phone with Joyce, she said it was alright for you all to come along today. As much as I told her you would be perfectly fine siting here, she insisted you’d be there." With that Giles picked up his car keys and put on his jacket.


"Who's the party for again?" Xander asked, patting Anya's thigh to indicate that he wanted to get up.


"Joyce's granddaughter, who is also the daughter of a very dear friend of mine. We need to leave now, I do not want to be late," Giles answered, opening the door and motioning for them to move their asses.


...........................Summers House...................................


"My mom is a meanie poo, who looks like BB's doo doo, meanie poo, BB's doo doo…" Tara laughed as she stood outside the bathroom, waiting for Buffy who was inside using the toilet.


"You better run little girl, I'm gonna get you!" Buffy threatened as she flushed the toilet. Tara jumped up and down, squealing with delight. Holding onto the stair banister, she hurried down the stairs. Buffy opened the bathroom door just as Tara reached the bottom of the stairs.


"Grams, Mommy's being a poo!" Tara laughed again as Buffy started chasing her around the lounge room. Joyce just laughed in response, following to watch the two. The guests had yet to arrive for the barbeque, not that any of their relatives would ever be on time anyway. Just then, the doorbell rang.


Opening the door, Joyce smiled at Giles while calling over her shoulder; "Buffy leave her alone! Rupert, hi! Please come on in." Still smiling, she gestured for Giles and his guests to enter.


"Joyce, this is…" Giles started, but was cut off by a little girl's laughter and Buffy's voice. Hearing the voices as well, the group turned their attention towards the lounge room, seeing Buffy holding Tara close to her on one hip and tickling her side.


"Say it!" Buffy smiled, watching Tara squirm and laugh under her mothers playful assault.


"N-no!" Tara screamed, laughing louder as Buffy brought on another wave of attacks.


"Say it..." Buffy smiled again. Her hand perched in mid air, ready to attack again if her daughter didn't give in.


"Y-you're the… best… mommy in the world!" Tara managed to get out, trying to catch her breath. Satisfied with the answer, Buffy hugged her daughter close.


"And don't you forget it, missy!" Buffy kissed her daughters cheek before putting her down on her feet. Standing up again, trying to fix her shirt so it covered the top of her breast, Buffy turned to face her mother. Then she blushed, seeing the group of people staring at her.


"Buffy." Joyce smiled at her daughter and gestured towards the newly arrivals. She recognized them as the group of people who had been at The Bronze the night before, when she had been singing.


"Yeah?" Buffy said, looking at her mother who was smiling at Giles.


Tara had stepped away from her, and just before she made a run for Joyce, she spoke; "I told you Grams, she's being a poo!" Laughing, she ran up to Joyce and hid behind her legs.


"Hey you, get back here!" Buffy called, glaring at her daughter. Tara poked her head out from behind Joyce's legs, then poked her tongue out at her mother.


The group of people continued to stare, none of them saying a word as they watched the scene unfold in front of them. Buffy's blush deepened.


"Buffy, this is William, Liam, Daniel, Anyanka and Alexander," Giles introduced his guests, pointing to each of of them, who in return told her what they preferred to be called.


"Spike, Angel, Oz, Anya and Xander." They all smiled.


"Hi all! I saw you guys at The Bronze last night, how'd your talk with Ben go?" Buffy asked curiously, giving them a wave. Giles and Joyce walked into the kitchen, Tara following; not taking her chances to have another tickling fight with her mother.


"You’re the singer?" Angel asked, staring at Buffy who smiled and nodded in response.


"Yeah, I sang. Only at the end of the night, though. I'm just the waitress, not the paid entertainment." Buffy laughed, closing the door behind them and gestured for them all to follow her into the lounge room.


"The song you sang last night was really good, you have a powerful voice," Anya said with a smile, happily taking a seat on the couch next to Xander. Angel slumped down on her other side. Oz sat on the single seat, leaving Buffy to stand next to Spike.


"So, how long have you been singing?" Xander asked.


Buffy nervously tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, a little uncomfortable after Anya's statement. The song last night just reminded her of the time in her life when she’d conceived Tara. "Since I could talk, really." She let out a nervous laugh, moving a fraction away from Spike who was staring at her, again.


"So, how old is your little sis?" Oz asked, looking up at her.


"Oh, she's not my little s…" Buffy was cut off by Spike. 'How did he get so close?' Buffy thought, looking him in the eyes. 'Oh boy!'


"How old are you, pet?" Spike asked, smiling. Buffy clearly looked interested, so he just kept smiling at her.


"I'm 20." Buffy told him, breathlessly. She blushed again as Spike raised his scared eyebrow.


"How old did you say your li’l sis was again?" Angel asked this time, leaning forward from his position on the couch.


"She's 4, and she's not my little si…" Buffy started out again, but once again got cut off.


"MOMMY!" The girl in question suddenly cried out, running into the lounge room with her arm cradled to her chest.


"Hey baby, what happened?" Buffy knelt down and scooped the child up in her arms, balancing her on her right hip.


"BB scratched me!" Tara sniffled, showing Buffy her arm. Sure enough, there was a line of scratches down the little girl's arm, not deep, but still bleeding.


"No more tears, ok." Buffy said, wiping Tara's cheeks as she nodded. "You'll be ok, how ‘bout you’ll go to Grams to get a band aid, ok?" Buffy put Tara down on her feet.


"GRAMS!" Tara yelled, running into the kitchen, holding her arm to her chest again. Buffy smiled; Grams would make everything right.


"She's… she's your daughter?" Angel asked in shock. 'She's only 20 for Christ’s sake!' He thought to himself. Buffy just nodded, seeing the look pass across his face. It was the same look she got from most men nowadays; rejection and definite lack of interest. Spike however wasn't looking at her like that, he just smiled at her. Oz just shrugged, not knowing what to say.


'Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase yummy mummy!' Spike thought, smirking to himself. He had noticed the lack of a ring on that special finger. ‘Definitely interested!’


Chapter End Notes:
(lol at the fact that I used yummy mummy in a sentence and let me just say lol lynyrd skynyrd is the shizniz:P)

lemmi know what you all thought:)


(i'd just like to thank Chriss Nicole for BETAing this story for me:)

Huge thanx go out to all those who have reviewed so far...your positive feedback is awesome :)...thanx to sexiespikelover, K. T, Hana, Pam S, cordykitten, JO, PhotographyNut, SarahandJamesFanatic, Lindsay, LuvsBitch and smlcspike