Author's Chapter Notes:
(I’d just like to thank Pet for BETAing this story for me:)


Thank you to all of those who reviewed on the last chapter:) Julia, minkholly, smlcspike, Sam, cordykitten
Chapter 6:


Walking into The Bronze, the three girls let the musky scent of cigarettes, alcohol and mixed bodies wash over them. The music was pumping from the speakers, and people were crammed on the dance floor, writhing against each other. They made their way over to one of the few remaining empty tables.


"God, it's pumping tonight!" Willow took off her jacket. The amount of people occupying the club was making the temperature rise.


"I'll say." Dawn smiled as she was looking around. There was no band playing tonight, but she recognized the face of the DJ. Connor was playing occasionally at the Bronze, usually when a band called in sick, like tonight.


"I'm gonna go get us some drinks. What do you want?" Buffy put her jacket down on the table and stood.


"Beer," Dawn said, her gaze not leaving the DJ.


"Beer, thanks." Willow smiled up at Buffy from her seat.


"Three beers coming right up!" Turning around, Buffy squeezed her way through the mass of bodies and headed towards the bar.


"Hey Ben, three beers," Buffy replied to Ben's short 'hey'. "Good turnout tonight!" She motioned to the people around her, smiling brightly at Ben. He just nodded and took her money, then smiled as he turned to face his next customer. Buffy frowned, before making her way back to Willow and Dawn.


"Oh hey, I didn't realize you guys were coming." Buffy handed over the beers to Willow and Dawn, then turned to Spike, Oz and Angel, who were now standing beside their table. Oz and Angel took the two remaining seats, Oz siting next to Willow and Angel next to Dawn. That left her and Spike standing next to each other.


"Giles is only entertaining for so long." Oz smiled at Willow, who blushed in return.


"I'll bet!" Dawn laughed, finally tearing her gaze away from Connor. "Hey Buffy, I think Connor wants you to go talk to him." Dawn pointed to the stage where Connor was set up. He cocked his head as he met Buffy's gaze.


"I'll be back in a minute. Excuse me." Buffy smiled, picking up her beer and once again squeezing her way through the mass of people, this time towards the stage. Spike's eyes darkened, seeing Connor laughing with Buffy.


"Easy there, tiger." Dawn laughed, seeing Spikes gaze. "That's my boyfriend." Turning her gaze away from Spike, she watched as Buffy waved at two people in the crowd. Connor was making his way towards her.


...........................................................................................................


"Hey, what's up?" Buffy smiled at Connor and took a sip from her beer. Connor had the turntable disk playing on a loop as he talked loudly to Buffy.


"Can you take over for a bit? I haven’t seen Dawn in ages... and the music's gotta keep playing." His gaze broke from Buffy to go to Dawn.


"You want me to take over so you can go mack on my sister?" Buffy laughed with amusement. Connor just shrugged and smiled. "What do you want me to do? I don’t know how to work this thing." Buffy pointed to all the turns and dials on the set up.


"Sing, of course!" Connor smiled at her.


"Fine. Give me minute." Buffy's gaze swept the club until she found who she was looking for, and motioned them over.


...........................................................................................................


"What are they doing?" Angel asked, watching Buffy and two other people enter the stage. Dawn's smile broadened, seeing Connor walking towards her, hunger in his eyes.


"Great, now they’re gonna be all lovey dovey…" Willow sighed as she sipped on her drink, her shoulders slumped. Spike, who had only just returned from the bar with three drinks, raised his eyebrows as Dawn jumped into the DJ's arms and wrapped her legs around his waist.


"D-do they do that often?" Oz asked, tilting his head as he watched the two people in front of him make out.


"He's been in LA for the last two weeks, so…" Willow's voice was cut of as the people on the dance floor started yelling. Raising her gaze from the couple, she noticed that the music had stopped.


"What’s going on?" Spike asked, handing Angel and Oz their beers.


"Sorry, guys." They heard Buffy's nervous voice from the microphone, and found her standing on the stage, the crowd staring at her. "The DJ's gonna take a little break." Buffy smiled, seeing her sister and Connor. "So, we’re gonna play a song for you in the mean time." She looked at Gary as he took his seat at the set of drums, and at Stacy who had picked up a guitar. She was standing next to the keyboard, playing a few notes to get ready to set the tune to repeat.


Buffy looked down a little nervously at all the faces staring up at her. Closing her eyes, she inhaled deeply and slipped the guitar strap over her shoulder. She wore the same clothes she had been wearing earlier. "This one’s for all the ladies in the house. You all know what I’m talking about." Buffy smiled as she started singing into the mic in front of her.


Stacy pressed play on the keyboard, and its repetitive notes could be heard throughout the club. Gary started a repetitive beat as well, following on with the keyboard.


"Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh oh, uh uh uh uh uh uh uh oh" As soon as Buffy started breathing into the mic, Stacy started strumming.


Spike's eyes bulged as Buffy started breathing into the mic. 'Oh boy,' he thought, seeing one of her hands grasp the microphone, the guitar hanging from its strap on her shoulders.


"Check it out, going out, on the late night, looking tight, feeling nice, it's a cock fight. I can tell, I just know, that it's going down. Tonight" Buffy's eyes opened slightly, scanning the crowd.


"At the door we don't wait cause we know them, at the bar six shots just beginning. That's when dick head put his hands on me. But you see" Raising one eyebrow, Buffy let go of the microphone and started strumming her guitar. Leaning forward into the mic, she continued to sing.


"I'm not here for your entertainment, you don't really want to mess with me tonight, just stop and take a second, I was fine before you walked into my life. Cause you know it's over. Before it began. Keep your drink just give me the money, It's just you and your hand tonight" Buffy let go of the guitar again as she grabbed the mic, her eyes hooded as she started breathing again, swaying her hips.


"Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh oh, uh uh uh uh uh uh uh oh"


Spike wriggled around on his seat, desperately trying to readjust himself. It had become painfully uncomfortable in his pants, and nothing he did would rectify the situation. Taking a rather large gulp from his beer, he watched on.


"Midnight, I'm drunk, I don't give a fuck, wanna dance, by myself, guess you're outta luck. Don't touch, back up, I'm not the one, ah buh bye. Listen up it's just not happening, you can say what you want to your boyfriends, just let me have my fun tonight, aiight" Buffy smiled, winking at Spike. She didn't know why she did it, but he had been staring at her for the entire time, and she just couldn’t help herself.


"I'm not here for your entertainment, you don't really want to mess with me tonight, just stop and take a second, I was fine before you walked into my life, cause you know it's over, before it began, keep your drink just give me the money, It's just you and your hand tonight" The writhing mass of people in front of her were now jumping up and down. She smiled at a group of women dancing, and a group of males, obviously trying to get into their circle to join them, but to no avail.


"Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh oh, Break break, Break it down." Buffy pointed out to the group of males. "In the corner with you boys, you bet 'em five bucks, you'd get the girl that just walked in but she thinks you suck, we didn't get all dressed up just for you to see, so quit spilling your drinks on me, yeah. You know who you are, high fivin’, talking shit, but you're going home alone aren’t’cha?" Buffy let out a laugh at seeing the males glare up at her from their position on the dance floor.


"Cause I'm not here for your entertainment. No. You don't really want to mess with me tonight, just stop and take a second, just stop and take a second, I was fine before you walked into my life, cause you know it's over, know it's over, before it began, keep your drink just give me the money, It's just you and your hand tonight. It's just you and your hand." Buffy flicked the hair from her face, smiling again.


With Buffy's sultry voice singing, and the wink she had sent him, not to mention the couple making out heavily in front of him, Spike was definitely up shit creek. He shifted his position again as Buffy smiled in his direction.


"I'm not here for your entertainment, No no no, you don't really want to mess with me tonight, just stop and take a second, just take a second, I was fine before you walked into my life, cause you know it's over, Before it began, keep your drink just give me the money, It's just you and your hand tonight. Yeah, oh" Buffy, Gary and Stacy finished of the last few notes, and stood smiling before the crowd who was clapping and cheering for them.


"Thank you! Hope you guys liked it." Buffy was met with another applause. "Now, where's that DJ?" Buffy scanned the club, and found him with Dawn perched on his lap. They were kissing each other like there was no tomorrow, and she cleared her throat, loudly. "That’s your que, Connor," Buffy said into the microphone, watching Connor glare at her. She just laughed, shook her head and descended the stairs off of the stage.


"Are you ok man? You’re kinda..." Oz was cut of by Anya.


"He's lusting after Buffy!" She smiled, coming to stand next to Xander. They had been organizing the auditions which were to be held the following day.


"Who wouldn't, she's fucking ho…" Angel groaned, smirking.


"Hey Buffy, GREAT song!" Willow half yelled as Buffy came to stand next to them.


"…ho... hello!" Angel finished, averting his gaze.


"Aw, thanks Willow!" Buffy laughed. "I was a bit nervous to start with, but after I got into it, then… you know." She shrugged.


"So how did it go with Ben?" Spike asked, having not yet met Buffy's eyes. Buffy, who had noticed, frowned at him. She thought she had made it obvious how she felt with the smile and wink she had sent him. Maybe not.


"It went well. We've got The Bronze from ten AM to eight," Xander answered, flinching as Angel yelled at him.


"Ten hours?! Come on, that's going to be torture!" Angel groaned, already dreading the process.


"I hear there's a lot of people in this town," Xander defended himself meekly, stepping closer to his girlfriend.


"Buffy, weren't you going to… mffm…?" Willow's voice got muffled as Buffy clamped a hand over her mouth. Buffy let out a nervous laugh and smiled.


"Going to… what, luv?" Spike asked, eyebrows raised in amusement.


"Going to... to ask you to dance with me." Buffy shot Willow a look as she removed her hand.


"You want to dance with me?" Spike asked, not quite sure if he had heard her correctly. Buffy just nodded with a smile. Angel let out a loud whistle.


"Hey B!" Faith smiled, making her way over to the group.


"Faith!" Buffy greeted. Faith acknowledged Willow and the others with a nod, then started to walk away.


"See you ‘round, hot stuff…" she said huskily, running a hand down Angel's chest. Angel watched the sway of her hips as she walked over to a part of the room that was masked in darkness.


"Excuse me…" he said quickly, walking over to where Faith had been only seconds before. The others caught a quick glance of hair and clothes as the couple dashed behind a door.


"You do… um, know that Faith is going to have sex with him, and then..." Buffy started, pointing to where the couple had disappeared.


"You realize Angel just wants to screw her, and then..." Xander said at the same time.


"…and then leave." They both finished, laughing.


"Meh. That's Faith for you. Screw ‘em and leave ‘em," Dawn said with a shrug, sipping on her beer.


"Speaking of sex, Xander and I are going to go back to Mr. Giles’ house and mff fmm…" Anya glared at Xander as his hand clamped over her mouth.


"Hahaha! Bye guys!" He laughed nervously, before pulling Anya away with him.


"They haven’t even heard all the talent in this town, other people deserve a chance as well," Buffy whispered to Willow.


"But you said you would do it!" Willow exclaimed.


"Do what?" Spike said, leaning over the table to get closer to Willow, Oz and Buffy.


"Um... Dance with you," Buffy said nervously. "Lets go do that now!" She then grabbed onto Spike's arm and pulled him up from the chair and over to the dance floor.


The sound of a guitar and drums could be heard through the speakers, and Buffy looked up to see Stacy and Gary on the stage. Another male was standing at the microphone. She recognized him from school.


"Can't explain all the feelings that you're making me feel. My heart's in overdrive and you're behind the steering wheel." Buffy smiled, knowing the song she started singing along. She put her back to Spike and ground her hips against his.


"Touching you, touching me, touching you, God you're touching me" Spike grabbed one of Buffy's arms as she raised them above her head and brought it around his neck, his other arm already resting around her waist. They moved in sync to the music.


"I believe in a thing called love. Just listen to the rhythm of my heart. There's a chance we could make it now. We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down. I believe in a thing called love, Ooh!" Buffy spun around, and Spike pulled her body close to his chest. She gasped as his arm found its way around her waist again.


"I wanna kiss you every minute, every hour, every day, You got me in a spin but everything is A.OK!" Spike looked down at Buffy and raised his eyebrows in a suggestive manner, then pulled her closer to him as they danced.


"Touching you, touching me, touching you, God you're touching me" Buffy spun around again, leaving her back against Spike. She turned her head around, catching his gaze through hooded eyes.


"I believe in a thing called love, Just listen to the rhythm of my heart, There's a chance we could make it now, We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down, I believe in a thing called love, Ooh!" Spike was lost in the woman in front of him. She had him captured in a trance with one look.


"Touching you, touching me, touching you, God you're touching me" Buffy half moaned as Spike ran his hands up and down the sides of her body.


"I believe in a thing called love, Just listen to the rhythm of my heart, There's a chance we could make it now, We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down, I believe in a thing called love, Ooh!" Spike had spun Buffy around so her front was now facing him, as the guitar and drums finished off the song. He caught both her arms and placed them behind his neck.


"Um, we should get back to the t-table," Buffy whispered, looking up at Spike through hooded eyes. The next upbeat song had started to play, but they remained swaying, dancing to their own beat. Spike's only reply was to lean down to capture her lips in a deep kiss.


"Mmf…" Buffy gasped as Spike lips came crashing down onto hers. The room seemed to fade away, and all that existed was the two of them. She could feel his tongue as it pushed against her lips, wanting to gain access to her mouth. The feeling of his hands, as they ran over her back to her waist, pulling her closer. Buffy heard Spike moan as she ran her fingers through his hair, cupping the back of his head as she opened her mouth and let their tongues duel.


They finally had to pull back for air, panting, their foreheads resting together. "Buffy, I.." Everything came rushing back at once, and Buffy stepped away from Spike with her hand over her mouth, eyes wide.


"Oh my god," was all she whispered, looking Spike in the eyes.


Chapter End Notes:
Dun Dun Dun.........................hehe I’m evil and I know it:)...Hope you all like that chapter:) I enjoyed writing it. Sorry I haven’t updated in a while, Hopefully it wont be as long next time....Thank you again for all those who reviewed the previous chapter and to Pet for BETAing this story:)