Author's Chapter Notes:
(I’d just like to thank Pet for BETAing this story for me:)


Thank you to all of those who reviewed on the last chapter:) PamS, Ivana, jamies_lady, Sam, smlcspike, tina, cordykitten, xappletinix and letitia
Chapter 8:


"Thanks for that," Buffy whispered, shutting the door to her daughters room.


"No problem, pet," Spike whispered back, smiling. Buffy motioned for him to follow her. They silently made their way to her room. Entering, she turned the light on.


"You probably think I’m a loony." Buffy laughed as she took of her boots.


"You’re not a loony, luv. You'll tell me everything when you’re ready," Spike said, watching as she combed out her hair.


"Thank you." Buffy came to stand in front of Spike, her pajamas in her hand.


"For what, luv?" Spike asked, raising an eyebrow.


"For staying," Buffy whispered, smiling sadly. There was an uncomfortable silence between the two, before Spike cleared his throat and ran a hand through his hair.


"I, uh... I better get going." He pointed towards the door behind him, and Buffy nodded. "Get some rest, yeah?" Spike turned, and started walking out of her room.


"Spike?" Buffy took a step forward, then stopped, seeing Spike turn back to face her, quickly. "You’re um... T-Tara said you were coming over in the morning to watch movies with her." Buffy was playing with the hem of her shirt, nervously.


"Yeah?"


"Do… do you maybe... I mean…" Buffy paused, and met his gaze. "Would you like to stay over? Saves you the trouble of coming back here tomorrow, and, yeah…"

Spike smiled at seeing all the faces she was making. "You sure, pet? I don't mind coming back."


"No, it's fine. I'll be right back, just gonna go get changed." Buffy held up the bundle of clothes she held in her arms, and Spike nodded.


"I'll uh... just wait here then," Spike said, standing in the middle of Buffy's room again. Looking around, he smiled at the girlyness of it all. There were pictures all over the place. Ones of Buffy and Dawn, Tara and Buffy. He smiled, seeing a photo that had been taken in mid laugh. Buffy looked absolutely gorgeous. 'God, I hope she’ll join us,' Spike thought, running a hand over her desk. The woman was a mystery to him, and he couldn't wait to get to know her better.


"You can stay in Dawn's old room, it's next to mine." Buffy came back into the room, then stopped in her tracks at seeing the look Spike was giving her. She wore a pair of short, silk pajama bottoms that rode low on her hips, and a black singlet top. "Here’s a pillow." Coming to stand in front of him, she handed it over.


Her body now completely exposed, Spike couldn't help but look at her. Buffy stood with her arms folded over her chest, fiddling with a strand of hair. 'Please, don’t let him notice. Please, don’t let him notice. Please, don't…' Buffy chanted in her head, watching Spike's face.


"Pet?" Spike took a step closer to her, his eyes never leaving her waist. "Come here a sec?" Spike turned to see how far away her bed was, and walked over to it. Placing the pillow on the bed, he sat on the edge and watched as she slowly made her way over to him. Buffy stopped in front of him, and lowered her gaze to meet his. Spike reached up a hand and brushed it over the scarred skin. Buffy's body tensed, and she held her breath.


"What's this?" he asked, trying to make out what the scar was. It was a word. ‘ALWAYS’. Tears welled up in Buffy's eyes, and she brought a shaky hand down to where Spike's rested. She pushed down the material of her boxers from her hip, and heard him gasp.


Spike’s eyes widened at the sight before him. Someone had cut into her flesh and marked her. He traced each word that was under the other. ‘ALWAYS. MINE. BITCH.’ His hand never left her hip. Buffy flinched as Spike stood in front of her. 'God, he thinks I’m disgusting,' Buffy thought, lowering her gaze to the floor.


"Who did that to you?" Spike whispered, cupping her cheek and made her raise her head. 'Who would do something like that? God, what happened to her?' Spike asked himself, his own eyes tearing up at seeing the faces Buffy was making.


"T-Tara's father did that," Buffy whispered, squeezing her eyes shut as a brief memory of the night he had marked her came into her head.


"H-her father?!" Spike stepped back, and Buffy nodded, her tears falling freely. "Why would he do that to you?"


"He was a sick bastard." Buffy shuddered, bringing her arms around herself. Spike took a step closer, and reached out a hand to touch her.


"Buffy?" he whispered. Buffy looked up through the tears, and met his gaze


"Can we... Can we not talk about it? Please?" Buffy whispered, looking down at the floor, and then back at him again. Spike wiped the tears from her face, and nodded. "Can you just be kissing me now?" A few more tears slipped down her face. "I don’t want to remember any more." She hugged herself tighter, and looked him in the eyes.


Spike's hand came around the back of her neck. Pulling her face down, he captured her lips with his. The kiss was slow and long, Spike pouring all he could into it. Buffy's hands had come to wrap themselves around his back, as their tongues started dueling. They broke apart, panting.


"Not that I don’t want to, luv, but I think it might be better if we do this another time. I want to get to know you better first. You, and Tara." Buffy nodded and took a step back from Spike. "If you have any trouble sleeping... You know where to find me." Spike bent down to capture her lips in a brief kiss, and picked up the pillow she had given him moments before. He turned and smiled, before shutting her door and heading towards the room he would be sleeping in.


Buffy tossed and turned in her bed that night. Flashes of the past were haunting her dreams…


........................................................................................................................


Buffy screamed again, as Riley roughly pounded into her.


"You’re always gonna be mine… You dirty little bitch!" He groaned as he grabbed her breast. Buffy had managed to push the gag out of her mouth, using her tongue, and spat on Riley.


"I'll never be yours, you sick bastard! Get over your obsession with me, jackass!"


Riley growled, wiping the spit off his face. "You shouldn’t have done that, babe…" He smiled cruelly, making Buffy cringe. He put the gag back over her mouth, tying it hard around her head. Picking up a knife, he brought it up to her face. Buffy's eyes bulged at seeing the sharp blade, mere inches from her eyes.


"Always mine, bitch!" He smiled sadistically, the blade making its decent into the flesh of her hip.


"Hmmmm… hmgh…" Buffy cried into the gag as the sharp, stinging pain in her hip increased with each stroke Riley made. He let out an evil laugh as Buffy kept thrashing around.



……………………………………………............……………………………………………………


Buffy gasped, sitting up with a start. Her body was covered in sweat and she took in gulps of air. Laying slowly back down, she wiped her hand over her forehead. Sunlight was streaming through the window into her room. Looking to her left, Buffy read her clock; 6:45 am. Tara was bound to be awake.


'Speak of the devil…' Buffy thought, watching her daughter bounce into the room, a huge smile on her face, Spike in tow.


"Mommy! Mommy!" Tara was bouncing up and down, her hand clasping Spike’s. "Look, Willium stayed over!" She giggled, letting go of Spikes hand and ran to her mothers side. Buffy brought a hand up to her head, feeling a slight headache.


"Mommy?" Tara asked, seeing her mother scrunch up her face.


"How ‘bout we let your mum get dressed, yeah?" Spike asked, watching Tara turn to look at him. "C'mon li’l bit, I think I promised you I’d watch a movie. And I always keep my promises." Spike held out a hand and smiled, watching Tara smile back and run over to him.


"Barbie as Rapunzel! Come on Willium, hurry!" Tara tugged on Spike's hand, starting to pull him out of the room. Spike shot Buffy a look, and she smiled.


"I'm fine." She smiled again, standing on shaky legs, the dream still fresh in her mind.


Spike sent her another look, one that said he wasn't buying her happy act. He turned and looked down at Tara, who was still trying to pull him with her, panting at the effort. He smiled to himself and swept her up in his arms.


"Where to, bit?" he asked as Tara clung to him.


"That way." She pointed to the staircase, indicating they were to watch the movie down in the lounge room. Buffy smiled at the two, watching as they headed down the stairs. Still on shaky legs, she made her way over to the bathroom to take a shower.


Looking in the mirror, she traced her scars and let out a shuddering breath. Closing her eyes tight, she shook her head to get rid of the memories of that night. Untying her hair from its band, she turned the water on and stepped into the shower, letting the rhythmic sound of the water lull her out of her worries. A lot would be changing soon. She had a big decision to make. Joining the band, or not? Buffy placed her face into the stream of water to wake herself up. Could she face her inner demons and, for once, take a chance and follow her dream? Could she let herself fall in love with Spike, a man she hardly knew? Only time would tell.


Chapter End Notes:
Hehe another chapter down:)....I know it's probably shorter than the others but hey I updated faster this time:)......

Thank you again for Pet for Betaing this story for me and everyone who has reviewed:)

Keep sending me reviews:) I really want to know what you thought.