Author's Chapter Notes:
Again, I'd like to thank all of you who keeps reading my story and are kind enough to let me know you like it by leaving me a review. Also, a huge thanks to Tammy for betaing this story for me! :)
Buffy tried to relax in Spike’s arms and focus on the movie they were watching, but for some reason, she found it to be very hard. Not because she wasn’t comfortable being that close to him, but because she couldn’t get what had happened earlier that day out of her mind. She had gone to the meeting with Hannah’s teacher, hoping that the woman would tell her that she knew what was going on with Hannah and help her come up with a way to stop the bullies.

But all Miss Burkle had noticed was that Hannah for some reason seemed to keep herself away from the other children, like being an outsider was a choice Hannah had made on her own. Of course, the woman had seemed genuinely concerned and willing to help, but she’d also refused to believe that any of the children in her class was being mean to the girl on purpose. ‘You know how kids are, playing and joking all the time. I’m sure it’s all just a big misunderstanding,’ the teacher had blurted out with a nervous laugh.

Buffy had left the school in both fury and despair, feeling more helpless than ever. Hannah hadn’t said anything, but from the way the girl had been acting the last couple of days; sad and gloomy most of the time, one could easily assume that her little ‘friends’, Mary and Alyssa, had fallen under the pressure from Kathy O’Connor and simply pretended that the playing in the park with Hannah never happened.

Tonight Hannah was spending the night at Willow’s, leaving Buffy and Spike to have the house all to themselves. It was all very romantic, but suddenly Buffy couldn’t stop thinking about her daughter. Luckily Spike doesn’t seem to notice, she thought, glancing over at him. Don’t want him to get the wrong idea and think that I don’t wanna be here with him. Then she realized that he was watching her, a concerned look on his face, and turned to the TV with a frown. The movie was paused.

“Um… when did you…?” She blushed, realizing that he obviously hadn’t been that oblivious after all.

Spike checked his watch. “I’d say ‘bout fifteen minutes ago. You noticed just now?” Missing the teasing look in his eyes, Buffy gasped in shock, and he took pity on her. “Kidding, luv, just turned it off. Mind telling me were your mind was, and why you don’t seem to be enjoying my delighting company?”

Horrified that he would think that, Buffy hurriedly started to stutter out a series of apologies. Then she saw the amused look on his face, and realized that he wasn’t being serious. “Jerk!” She pouted, causing him to chuckle.

“Sorry, couldn’t resist. Find you bloody adorable when you’re stuttering like that.” He leaned over and gave her a quick peck on the cheek, then tried to pull away, but she wouldn’t let him.

“Oh, no you don’t!” She tried to give him a stern look, but had a hard time to keep from giggling. “Think I’ll let you off the hook that easily, do you? Think again. It takes more than a lame kiss on the cheek to get back in my good grace, mister!”

He snorted, pretending to be deeply offended. “Lame, you say? Take that back!”

“Make me!” Buffy raised her eyebrows in a suggestive manner, the challenge evident on her face. Next thing she knew, she was lying flat on her back on the couch, arms pinned over her head. Holding her arms in place with one strong hand, he started tickling her with the other, causing her to squeal. “Eeeek! Stop it, I’m warning you! Stop it right now, or I’ll… do something really, really bad!”

Spike paused, looking at her in mock fear. “Was that a threat? Bloody hell, I’m shaking with fear, better call the whole thing off. No, wait…” He started tickling her again, ignoring her muffled protests. Suddenly he stopped, their intimate position dawning on him, and their eyes met. He cleared his throat. “Um… I’ll just....”

He started to pull away, but once again, Buffy stopped him. “Move now, and you’ll never get to kiss me again.”

His eyes widened, then his lips curled into a smile. “Now, that’s a threat I won’t take too lightly.” He kissed her then, and she slid her arms around his neck with a happy little moan. When he pulled back again, Buffy was about to scream in protest before she realized what he was doing; pulling his shirt over his head and letting it drop to the floor. Grunting in approval, she struggled to get up so she could do the same thing, and nearly accidentally pushed him off the couch.

She giggled. “Sorry, the couch is a little… small. Maybe…”

He interrupted her before she could finish. “Bed?”

Nodding eagerly, Buffy jumped up from the couch, reaching for his hand. “Bed much better!” She frowned at her choice of words, then shrugged and pulled him after her towards the bedroom, Spike not late to follow.

Once inside, words suddenly seemed unnecessary when Spike gently lowered them both back on the large bed. Buffy just smiled. “Told you this was better.”

His brows went up, and he smiled back. “I’d say I agree.” He kissed her again, then slowly slid his hand under her shirt, gently stroking her stomach. Giving her a questioning look, he hesitated. “This okay, luv?”

“No.” His face fell at her statement, and he pulled his hand back as if he’d burned it, starting to apologize. She smiled then and caught his hand, bringing it to her shirt and made him grab at the edge, gesturing at him to take it off. Looking at her in surprise, hope evident on his face, he obeyed. She was wearing a white lace bra underneath, and he longed to touch it. Buffy seemed to be reading his mind, and let out a soft laugh. “Won’t you rather take that off as well?”

For a moment he just looked at her, as if to see if she really meant it, then nodded. She sat up a little to give him better access, and he managed to get the bra off after a moment of struggling, much to Buffy’s amusement. Then the smile died on her lips as she came to stare at his lean, muscular body, trying hard not to lick her lips. Yum!

Seeing the admiring look on her face, Spike couldn’t help but smirk. “Like what you’re seeing, pet?” She blushed, averting her gaze. Then he became serious. “Buffy, are you sure you wanna do this? I mean, if it’s too soon, I won’t mind if…”

She interrupted him by pressing her lips against his, opening her mouth just a little so their tongues could meet. He let his fingers run gently through her hair as he returned the kiss hungrily. All too soon, breathing became an issue and they had to pull back. Buffy then looked him deeply in the eyes. “I’m sure.”


TBC