Author's Chapter Notes:
This story is almost over. There will be an epilogue, which I'm gonna try to write within the next couple of days. Thank you, all of you who have reviewed my story so far, it means so much to me!
A little more than a week later, Buffy entered the house and found Spike and Hannah in the kitchen making dinner. Since Spike was now working in the school library, it became natural that he’d pick up Hannah when school was over, and take her home. The girl was thrilled to have Spike with her in school every day, and the first couple of days; she used to sneak into the library as often as she could. But when Miss Burkle had to come get Hannah for the third time in a row, Spike had warned her that Principal Flutie might not want him to keep working there if it led to her being late for class every day. After that, Hannah’s visits to the school library had reduced drastically.

“Mommy!” Hannah rushed over to greet her mother and threw herself into Buffy’s arms. “Look, Spike and I are making dinner. I made the salad all by myself!” She got a proud look on her face.”

“Really? It looks very good.” Buffy smiled at her daughter. “So, how was school today?”

“Great!” Hannah started bouncing up and down. “Mommy, guess what? Alyssa’s having a birthday party next Friday, and I’m invited! Can I go? Please?”

“Of course, sweetie, sounds like fun.” Hannah beamed at her, and Buffy couldn’t help thinking of how much things had changed for Hannah lately. For the better, that was. After Spike’s ‘talk’ with Angel, Kathy hadn’t showed up in school again. Spike had told Buffy how he’d warned Angel about showing Cordelia the photos if Kathy was mean to Hannah again, and apparently, the only way Angel could think of to make sure that wouldn’t happen was keeping his daughter home. And a couple of days ago, Miss Burkle had informed the children that Kathy wouldn’t come back, that her parents had decided to leave Sunnydale and move to LA. That day, Hannah had come home from school with a huge smile on her face.

And now with Kathy gone, Hannah suddenly got accepted by her classmates like nothing had happened. She got invited home to the other kids to play, and she no longer had to be alone in school. And best of all; no one would tease her anymore. For the first time ever, Hannah now looked forward to go to school in the morning, and last night she had actually told Buffy that she wanted to take the school bus with the other kids. ‘I’m not a little kid anymore, you don’t have to take me to school every day,’ she had explained.

Although Buffy was very happy that things were going so well for Hannah in school now, a part of her still had a hard time understanding how the girl could just forgive the other kids for everything they used to put her through for so long, but she realized that it was just the way kids were. She on the other hand wouldn’t be nearly as forgiving, but she knew Hannah was so happy to finally have friends to play with. And Mary and Alyssa had actually told Hannah they were sorry for being mean to her. The two little girls were now Hannah’s best friends.

Buffy snapped out of her thoughts when Spike declared dinner was almost ready, and she told Hannah to go and wash her hands before they ate. As soon as the girl had left the room, Spike pulled her into his arms and gave her a long, tender kiss. When he finally pulled back, she had to gasp for air, and felt more than a little dazed. “Wow, that was… very nice.”

He snorted. “Just nice, eh? Must be losing my touch. Come here, so I can do it again!”

She giggled. “Later, promise. Hannah will be back any moment.”

Spike raised an eyebrow. “Think she’s seen us snogging before, pet.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Yeah, but if you kiss me like that again, I’m not gonna be able to keep from jumping your bones right here in the kitchen, and I’m so not ready for her to see that.”

Chuckling, Spike pressed a soft kiss on her lips. “See your point. “But the ‘jumping my bones’ thing sounded kind of interesting, care to demonstrate later when we’re alone?”

She couldn’t help but laugh. “Think that could be arranged.” Then she paused. “That means you’re gonna spend the night here again?”

Spike suddenly got an uncertain look on his face. “Would you mind?”

Shaking her head, Buffy hurried to give him an assuring smile. “Of course not, you know that. I love waking up with you in the morning. In fact…” She hesitated, suddenly feeling nervous. “I kinda wanted to talk to you about that.”

“’Bout what?” Spike took the spaghetti sauce off the stove and poured it into a large bowl, which he then put on the kitchen table.

“Well…” Buffy swallowed. “We’ve been spending every night together for the last week, and you’re hardly at your place at all.”

Spike looked at her, feeling a pang in his chest. “You think I’m here too much?”

“No, that’s not what I meant at all.” Buffy took both of his hands in hers, and took a deep breath. “What I meant was; maybe it’s time to rethink that whole ‘not moving in together yet’ thing?”

He stared at her to see if she really meant it. “You serious? You actually want me to live here with you and Hannah?” Buffy nodded. “But didn’t you say it was too soon for that?”

Buffy shrugged with a giggle. “That was so last week.” Then she became serious. “Unless you still think it’s too soon. I didn’t mean to just assume…”

Spike interrupted her by placing another soft kiss on her lips. “I’d love to move in with you. Besides, no point in paying rent for my apartment when I’m never there, anyway.” He hesitated. “Tell the truth, I have thought about it.”

Her eyes widened, and a smile appeared on her face. “Really? You want this, too? You don’t think I’m being all pushy Buffy?”

He chuckled. “I happen to like pushy Buffy. And yes, I want this. Are we gonna tell the bit right now? Cause I think I hear the pitter-patter of small girly feet.”

Buffy heard it as well, and knew it would only be a matter of seconds before Hannah would be storming into the kitchen. The girl would be thrilled, no question about it. “Sure, I don’t see why not.”


TBC