Author's Chapter Notes:
This is kind of short. It has been edited and checked over by two other people other than me and so here you go-a new chapter!
That Night...

Spike knocked on her door and she said softly, “Come in, Spike.” He walked in, looking around uncertain. She wore a silky petal pink lacy nightgown that cut at mid thigh. Since he had to sneak here, and it was hard to in his big coat, he was clad only in his boxers. Buffy patted her hand on the bed and he sat next to her. They lay against the pillows in silence, until she spoke, “Spike. I’ve had a hard life too.” “Tell me more luv.”

She started, “I had a bad home life. My Dad was always yelling at my mom. He would always come home drunk, and openly admit he cheated on my mom that night. He had no respect for her at all-or me. Once, he got so angry, he threw a whiskey bottle at her and she had to jump away so it wouldn’t hit her. That night I saw my dad more drunk then he had ever been. It was terrible…,”She paused as a lone tear tickled down her cheek.

He brushed the tear away softly with a single finger and said, “You don’t have to continue. It’s alright.” She shook her head, “It feels right to tell you, Spike, it just does.” She sniffled and continued, “My mom finally got fed up and left. We found an apartment to live in for a while… in LA. Then she had to work so much, I got into trouble. I accidentally burnt down my high school, Heremy High when I was in the kitchens.” Buffy looked down and more tears stained her face, “…a guy tried to rape me.”

Spike looked at his angel. He had no idea all this had happened to her. “And, and…they didn’t believe me, so I was expelled, kicked out of cheerleading, and we had to move. From there we moved to Sunnydale. Each Principal there hated me. We went through three when I was there. I found and saw two of them killed, and everyone thought it was me. Then a guy, named Parker used me and left me the next morning.” She paused for silent moment, and Spike felt a pang of jealousy that a man had touched her before him. “I only had two friends in high school after that. Then, they were killed in a car accident that I survived. Of course, “Buffy looked down, “everyone just had to blame me, right? It just had to be my fault. It already didn’t feel right that I lived and they didn’t.” At that, a tiny river flowed down her cheek, and she cuddled into Spike.

The she continued, “After that, I was ordered to organize a parent teacher night with another girl, who had stabbed a teacher. She didn’t show up and I had to cover for her when she was late. That just made the principal more suspicious of me. The night came and my mom was to talk to the principal. He told her I was a crazy child that I was a slut and I was just looking for trouble. And, “Buffy began to cry harder, “what’s worse is that she, she believed him.” She took a breath and continued, “She actually believed him.” She looked down, “What a surprise anyway, I’m blamed for a fire, my friend’s deaths, and now being a slut juvenile wonder. Well then, that night, after she told me she believed him, a sniper in a vampire mask or something tried to kill everyone there. Even though I got everyone out safely I was still blamed. The principal didn’t believe me…what a surprise. Blamed me, been there, done that.”

She looked down again. Spike lifted up her chin and said, “Luv, I had no idea.” She looked up again and continued, “Yeah, well, there’s more. I don’t want you to get board, you know, me-”

“Oh, no. Pet, I would like for you to tell me more.” She continued, “Well, after that my mom found out that I had already slept with two guys and I was only 17. Then she got a boyfriend, Ted.” Buffy shivered. “He was everyone’s best friend. But mine. Then he found out I snuck out late at night to go hang at the bronze. He nailed my window shut and hid in my room. I tried to open it. And he jumped out at me. He said to me that he wouldn’t tell anyone that I snuck out if I, if I...” Buffy cut off and cried.“If you what luv?”

“If I had sex with him. I resisted and he tried to-but I screamed and my mom ran in. All she needed to see was that he had my shirt in his hands and that I was crying and she knew.” She dried her tears. “Then my mom wanted to give my dad another chance. He wanted one too. But the day they were to meet, he didn’t show-because a secretary he did was giving birth in the hospital.”

She shut her eyes tight and opened them again, “Then a girl, Dawn showed up on our doorstep.” Spike raised his eyebrows, “The lil’bit?”

“Yeah. I had no idea who she was; my mom just ran to her and hugged her. Then all of a sudden, Dawnie was her little lost daughter and that her father wanted to keep her, she was sent away when the government found out what a lousy father he was.” She continued, “They were like best friends. When something went wrong in my life, my mom would just look at me like I was the bad daughter, that Dawn was the good one. Then my mom got a brain tumor and I came home from work to find her dead.”

Buffy started to cry again. “I had to raise Dawn on my own. I was working three jobs, trying to make enough money until she could get a job. We were barbers, manicurists; I had to drop out of collage to raise enough money. Then we found this job and all’s well. Except the fact that I love you and now Dawn and the group won’t let us be, I have to deal with the paparazzi talking about my love life, my sex life, rumors that were made up, and quite frankly, I love to sing, but my life is really harsh.” Out of breath and crying, she cuddled up against him.”

The silence came slowly, the couple's attentions entirely upon one another. Spike comforted her, kissing her tears of sorrow away and pressed a soft sweet kiss to her forehead, just holding her throughout the night.