Title: Furry (10/10)
Disclaimer: You think that as a reward for finishing this story, Joss would give me these characters and full rights to them. Instead, he just yelled something about lawsuits and monkeys... ah, well...
Author's Notes: *Sniff* Yup, I'm really finishing this story. As sad as that is, this is not the last time you shall hear from Sweetnsour560, not nearly! I shall be writing something else for this lovely site (and a few others). Hope your kitten-induced fun haze was enjoyable!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I call this meeting of the Scooby Cat Club to order."

"Why does HE get to be president?" whined Xander. Spike just glared at Xander and answered,

"'Cus I'm the one who GAVE the ruddy things to you!"

That shut Xander up promptly. He sat back down, laughing nervously. He just couldn't get why the others were letting this-this- monster keep a cat. He could...mangle it and eat it! Xander sighed. There was just no winning, was there?

"As I was SAYING," Spike continued. "This is the first meeting of the Scooby Cat Club an' since none of you ever told me what you named your pets, we'll go around the table and introduce them."

Tara and Willow were first. They held up a white cat that had uniquely purple eyes.

"This is Sage," Tara proclaimed. Sage looked around the room demurely, as if the others there were unworthy of being in the same zip code as her.

Next came Xander. "Hello. My name is Xander and I'm an alcoholic," he said jokingly. When no one laughed, Xander continued, "My cat's name is Jester." Just as he was about to show the kitten to the group, Xander noticed that the kitten was not on the couch as he left it. Suddenly, Xander felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked up to see Giles, who did not seem very happy.

"Is this yours?" he asked, holding out a trembling black and white cat. As soon as Jester was returned to his owner, he started shaking uncontrollably.

"That cat's got problems," Spike muttered to no one in particular.

"My cat's name is Dinero. It means 'money' in Spanish," Anya happily supplied. No one seemed especially surprised at her choice. In fact, the cat did have green eyes, the color of money.

Dawn's cat was a multicolored cat with patches of grey, black, white, and a bit of orange. Her name was Sassy.

Last was Buffy. Even though most people already knew her cat's name, she felt that the introduction was obligatory.

The unusual cat with the golden fur sat on a shelf above the small crowd, looking down at the people with the wonder only a cat can possess.

As Buffy spoke, introducing the cat to the group, Joyce jr. spotted a man standing in the corner by himself.

He was looking at Buffy with a strange look on his face, his smile almost idiotic. His expression screamed "Devotion!".

Yup. That guy was whipped.

When Buffy finally sat down, she felt eyes burning into her back. She instinctively turned around. Her eyes met Spike's and Buffy noticed the intensity of his gaze. She felt her cheeks burn and quickly whipped back around in her chair.

Spike smirked. He felt this was an opportunity he had to grasp.

"Goin' out for a fag," he announced, heading out the back door into the cool night air.

Buffy stood awkwardly and added, "I'm going to...er...check the mail."

When no one offered a complaint, Buffy traipsed to the door and joined Spike outside.

"Bit cold, innit pet?" asked Spike as Buffy entered the cool night air.

"I don't really feel it," she answered, unconsciously rubbing her arms.

Spike saw this action and decided to be chivalrous, something he did not do often.

"Take this," he said, shrugging the duster from his shoulders and handing it to Buffy.

She smiled in thanks and wore the coat. It was too big for her, but did the trick since her shivering, again unnoticed to Buffy, stopped.

The two stood in silence on the porch for a minute, unsure what to say to each other.

Spike broke the spell first.

"Ever look at the stars and wonder how small we are down here?" he asked, looking up at the sky.

"I've thought about it. It's depressing though, and I've got enough of that in my life," she answered.

"Life's a bitch and then you die," said Spike in a sing-song voice.

"So fuck the world and go get high," continued Buffy.

At Spike's strange look, she lamely added, "Even though I've never done that..."

They both shared a laugh.

"You know, things wouldn't be the same without you here," Buffy said suddenly.

"Really?" Spike said, surprised.

"Yeah. More interesting, I guess."

Spike contemplated this. He supposed that that was as much of a complement as he would get.

"You really think that, pet?"

Buffy flushed slightly. For once, she was grateful for the darkness. "Well...what I mean to say...is..."

She didn't get a chance to finish because her mouth was suddenly covered with Spike's. Buffy didn't struggle as Spike expected but instead pulled him closer.

Buffy had never felt this much emotion in her life. She was in heaven and hell at the same time, blissful and at the same time heated.

Suddenly, the two heard a gasp behind them. They quickly broke off their kiss and turned around. They saw the Scoobies, including the cats, standing open-mouthed at the two.

"Er...hey guys..." Buffy offered.

A loud 'Thump' was heard as Xander hit the floor in a dead faint.


THE END

A/N: Is it really...over? Wow. I can't believe it. I FINISHED SOMETHING *does happy dance*. Tell me if you want a sequel/epilogue, I'm not promising anything though :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO REVIEWED! YOU GUYS INSPIRED ME SOOO MUCH!!