Title: Furry (7/?)
Disclaimer: I wish I had a Spikebot... Hey! Don't call me crazy! You were thinking it too! Too bad he belongs to Mutant Enemy and Joss Whedon.
Author's Note: I'm sorry it took so long! I'm a bad bad updater :-( . BTW, if there's another name for Sharkie (I didn't really know his "Official" title) PLEASE tell me!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike jumped to defend his companion, who was crouched in the corner, trying to look vicious. Buffy stood by Spike, ready to battle it out. Spike saw her and gave the Slayer a grateful nod.

The first two minions rushed to get past the duo, but were knocked down by a boot to the head by the Slayer and a gut punch from Spike.

Buffy flipped the vamp over her head and pinned him under her arm. The minion was, unfortunately, quite determined. His leg shot up suddenly and caught Buffy in the stomach. She briefly let go of the vampire before regaining her momentum and charging back in.

Soon, two clouds of dust shrouded the fighters as the minions were introduced to stakes. Spike looked around to check on Bones but found that the kitten wasn't in his corner.

Sharkie gave Spike a toothy grin. "Got what we came for," he said, gesturing to the kitten in his coat pocket.

Spike started to go after Sharkie but was held back by another minion. By the time the dust cleared, Sharkie was gone.

Spike looked at the swinging crypt door in disbelief. Buffy was just as shocked. She didn't know how the villan got past them so quickly.

The vampire sank to the floor with his head in his hands, devastated.

"Sorry, Spike," Buffy said, approaching the melancholy Spike.

"Wasn't you fault, luv," Spike said, attempting a shaky smile. "I should've been more careful."

Little memory clips of Spike and Bones together assaulted his memory. Bones' first mouse... Bones' first wreckage of the crypt... Spike chocked back a sob.

Hearing the sound, Buffy embraced Spike once more, offering comfort.

They sat together for a while until Spike lifted his head, looking determined.

"I'm gettin' him back," Spike announced.

"How?"

"I'll do exactly what Sharkie loves to do- play poker and gamble Bones."

Buffy looked unconvinced.

"How are you so sure you'll win, Mr. Positive?"

"Oy! I always win!"

Buffy rolled her eyes. "And what if you DON'T?"

A small smile appeared on Spike's lips. "Easy. I'll just cheat."

She scoffed. "So typical."

"Well, how do you think I got the lil' bugger in the first place? It's certainly not my bravado at cards, luv. Just pure street tricks."

Buffy raised her eyebrow. "So you have no talent at cards whatsoever?"

"I win!" said Spike defensively. "I just like having to do it the easy way."

"Dishonest way, more like," Buffy grumbled.

"Whazzat, luv?" Spike pretended not to hear.

"Nothing. Just get Bones back soon."

"Will do, luv," Spike assured her. "Will do."

"You sure now?" asked Buffy, still not fully convinced.

"I have a backup plan, if that's what you mean. I got it under control, Slayer," Spike said exasperatedly.

Buffy gave him a small smile and nodded. She understood that he could figure it out himself.

She let herself out, breifly flooding the crypt with cool air, and left Spike alone.

"Time to plan."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I already have the next chapter written, but can't post it until about Thursday or Friday. Sorry for the brief delay, but I'll try to get it up soon!