Buffy had to be dreaming. It just didn’t make sense! These things usually happen to Faith or Willow, but certainly not her! How could Spike Giles, who was fairly popular, like someone as nerdy as her?

“Wait, you’re telling me that William ‘Spike’ Giles actually LIKES me?” Buffy asked incredulously.

Willow nodded in affirmation. “Yuh-huh.”

“Um, Wills, how exactly did you find this out? I mean, it doesn’t look like Spike would share this kind of thing freely.”

Willow looked smug. “I can’t tell you...”

Oh god. Not this again. Willow had a bit of a habit of telling half- secrets. Which meant that she’d give you enough of a clue to help you figure out furtive information, but usually left the juicy part out. This usually resulted in days of begging and bribing and threatening on Buffy’s part in order to find out the important parts. If you asked Buffy, it was getting damn irritating.

“Oh, c’mon Willow! Plleeeeaassseee? I’m your best friend! Friends are supposed to talk about things like this!”

Willow just grinned and shook her head, tossing a few red hairs about. Buffy sighed. This was going to take longer than she thought. Just as Buffy was about to guilt Willow into telling her, the bell rang and the two girls rushed to gym.

______________________________

Buffy called Willow the minute she arrived home from school.

“Hey Wills.”

“Hi Buffy.”

Buffy decided to ease Willow into interrogation.

“So how was your day?” Buffy asked.

“Oh, really great! I’m sewing this beautiful green gown for my cousin’s bat mitzvah. It’s knee length and has lace all about the shoulders and is made out of silk and-“

“Wow, Willow, that sounds great...”

Willow often went into these long, detailed explanations about stuff that Buffy didn’t particularly care much about, such as sewing projects and old proverbs. Buffy sometimes humored Willow and listened to the long-winded summaries, but tonight Buffy was just too impatient.

“Hey, Willow, you never did say how you found out that Spike likes me...”

“And you’ll never know.”

Buffy groaned. “Why can’t you tell me?”

“I’ve said too much already! I never meant to tell you that he likes you!”

“Well you did say it! And I really want to know why! This kind of thing doesn’t happen to me everyday, you know...”

There was a bit of silence as Willow thought it over.

“Fine. I’ll tell you. But not on the phone, cause I want to see your face when I tell you. So you better come over!”

Yeeesssss! Thought Buffy. She knew that Willow couldn’t hold out that long...

“I’ll be over in five.”

“Seeya then.”

Click.

______________________________

Buffy was about to go insane. She had come over in record time, only to find Willow opening up her books on the Renaissance. Now she was enduring the most torturous treatment ever- Renaissance portrait paintings. Buffy had enough of this at home from her mother. The last thing she needed was more paintings to puzzle over.

“Um, Willow,” she finally said.

“Yes?”

“Aren’t you forgetting something?”

Willow looked pensive for a moment, and then exclaimed, “Omigosh! You’re so right! Renaissance fair CD!”

Just as Willow was about to pull out the stereo and that dreaded CD, Buffy said, “No. You told me that I could come over and you’d tell me about Spike.”

“Darnit.”

“So! Spill!”

Willow closed the Renaissance book and faced her friend.

“Okay, fine.”

Buffy had a mental celebration, complete with balloons and party hats.

“Well,” Willow started. “I was sitting in French class, doing a worksheet, when I look over and see Spike drawing something. Oh, that’s right, I forgot to tell you. He’s in my French class. Anyways, I go over and look at the paper. It turns out that he was drawing a person...”

“Go on! Go on!”

“And well, I leaned over and looked a bit closer. I kind of recognized the face but couldn’t figure out exactly who it was. But then I noticed a name at the bottom of the paper. It said ‘Buffy’.”

Buffy couldn’t contain herself any longer- she stood up and danced around.

Willow watched this display and laughed.

Finally, Buffy sat down again. Then she suddenly turned solemn. “But... does that mean anything, really? I mean he could just have been drawing me to post it to a dartboard or something. It might not have been me at all! You said that you couldn’t see it very well, and what if it really said... Bunny?”

Willow laughed. “You’re crazy, you know that? Of COURSE the guy likes you! I mean, why else would he be drawing you? Besides, it even looked like you.”

Buffy still had her doubts, but her elation overpowered it and she once again felt overjoyed. She didn’t even mind that it was only Tuesday and that they’d have to endure three more days of school until the weekend.

Wait a sec, school? How was she supposed to act around Spike?! ______________________________

A/N: Thank you all soooo much for your wonderful reviews! They made me so happy that I decided to post this early! Your comments are appreciated a lot!

Okay, I just wanted to inform everyone that this story is going to be of medium-length. By the way, we’re not even halfway through. Hehe. Happy Valentine’s Day!