Author's Chapter Notes:
Here comes the next chapter! Please tell me what you think. Am I wasting my time? Do I need a beta? Maybe I do...
Buffy had learned so much in heaven, but there was one more thing to learn, blessing. The oracles had stopped themselves, not sure if they should give her that gift. The male oracle began to speak, his voice was clear and delightful. Buffy realized that she never had heard his voice before, it had been the female oracle, that had taken care of her training on her way to truly become an angel, a higher being of The Powers That Be. She listened carefully.

“You can only bless in special occasions, not everyone, because if your heart wants to, they will become angels, just like you became one. It is a special gift, it must be carefully used.”

They eyed her, waiting in silence for her answer, their faces solemn.

“Why haven’t I seen any other angels around in heaven?” Buffy broke the silence, wondering if it was a silly question to ask.

“They are in other dimensions. It's very rare to recruit angels and the training must be done the right way,” he answered.

The female oracle lowered her head and spoke quietly.

“My last angel, Celeste, is a star now, she turned evil, so I couldn't keep her.”

Buffy reminded herself of Drusilla, Spike had told her that Dru used to say that the stars spoke to her. She shivered, wanting to forget that woman, the one that Spike had loved.

“But all stars aren't evil... There are good ones too, who fulfills wishes, they are under our protection, we keep them close to our hearts.” The female oracle put her hand on her heart.

They bowed their heads at her.

“Do you think you can handle our gift?”

“Yes.” Buffy looked them in the eyes, and got down on her knees in front of them, giving them her hands.

“Don't let us down, angel.”

They put their hands on hers, giving her of their energy, focusing, passing over a part of their power, the ability to bless. She could feel the power fill her heart and mind, the responsibility made it heavy at first. She took deep breaths, then it felt better.

“How do I bless a person?” Buffy wondered.

“Your heart will do it for you.”




Spike sat by the window, looking out at the darkness, little stars twinkled hopefully on the dark blue, almost black sky and he felt hope growing deep down in his chest. The feather was still in his hand.

So soft. He let it brush over his lips again. So innocent. He looked at the white feather in his hand, letting his fingertips trace the pinion softly. So light. He kept it close to his heart, hoping that she would return to him soon.




Tara was still at the hospital, joined by Willow and Giles. She still hadn't woke up, to their great sorrow. Dawn came there every day after school, holding Tara's hand.

It was painful for Buffy to watch Tara, suffering, but she had to heal the natural way, to make sure that Willow really realized what she had done, she had to deal with the fact that she had hurt her girlfriend, there was no other way, it had to take time. Willow had to find peace in herself, leaving the dark side for good, heading for the light, trying to forgive herself. The question was if Tara would be able to forgive her. Giles was not sure of that, Tara had been hurt in more than one way.

Keeping Willow away from magic had been easy after she had started to feel, she hadn't used one single spell, since she had hurt Tara. In fact, she seemed to be afraid of magic and the effect it had had on her, Giles thought. But he was truly worried about the situation.

What if Tara didn't wake up at all? What would Willow do then? Get self-destructive again and get stuck in the black hole, consuming her compassion until there were nothing left? That would ruin everything he had achieved so far, bringing her to the good side.

Giles hoped that Tara would wake up soon, he wasn't prepared to lose another slayer. He wasn't going to allow her to die, he had already lost a slayer... His heart couldn't bear more.




Buffy thought of Angel. She had to see him. She flew to L.A. and landed in his bedroom. He sat on his bed with his head in his hands, he didn't notice her celestial light, surrounding her.
She sat down on the bed, next to him, stroking his hair. He looked up at her.

“Buffy?”

“Yes, I'm here.”

He leaned at her, laying down in the bed with his head in her lap, letting her fingers run through his hair.

“Cordelia is in a coma,” he sighed. I don't know if I can live without her and Fred, she’s acting strange, sleeping under her bed instead of in it.”

“Ssh, rest now,” Buffy said, wrapping her wings around him. “I have to leave soon, I want to cherish this moment.”

“I'll never stop loving you, Buffy,” he whispered, letting his fingertips softly trace patterns on her leg.

“And I'll always love you, in my own way. But I belong to someone else now.” Buffy turned her face away, not wanting to look him in the eyes.

“Who?” He took away his hand from her leg.

“Spike. I can't help it, but I have feelings for him, like you have for Cordy.” Their eyes met.

“I'll show her for you.” They went to another room. Cordy lay in a bed, looking like she was only sleeping, not in a coma.

“I keep her here. I moved her from the hospital, because I wanted her near me. They check on her every day, the nurses come here.” Angel caressed Cordy's cheek softly.

Buffy put her hands on Cordelia's chest. Angel saw the light appearing from her hands, feeling the warmth they radiated. The glow disappeared as Cordelia's body trembled, then she slowly opened her eyes and looked from Angel to Buffy, opening her mouth to speak.

"Cordy, you're awake, sweetie." Angel smiled at her.