Author's Chapter Notes:
Here comes the next chapter! :) Many thanks to my faithful reviewers cordykitten, Cissi, smlcspike and jamies_lady! :) You make my day, what would I be without you? Thanks again!
Cordelia looked up at Angel. Her eyes were fixed on his as she slowly brushed back a lock of hair that had slipped out, framing her pretty face. He saw a gleam of sadness in her eyes.

“Angel.” Cordelia said, without moving her lips. Still both Angel and Buffy heard her speaking, her voice soft, lingering in their minds.

“Cordelia, sweetie.” Angel began. “I thought I had lost you.” In same silent telepathic language, only heard in their minds, he spoke to her, letting his fingers softly brush over her cheek as he held her gaze.

“How long was I gone?” She asked, placing her hand over his as he knelt down by the bed.

“You were gone too long, I'm so happy you're awake now. Please don't leave me again. I need you.”

“I don't remember how I came here from Pylea.” She frowned, holding her unshed tears. “I just remember placing the crown on Groo's head and then it went black.”

“I carried you in my arms, trough that portal and since then you've been in a coma, until Buffy came here and healed you, sweetie.”


Buffy had been standing in the background the whole time, not wanting to disturb.


Cordelia looked at the blonde woman, standing behind Angel.

“Buffy, you're an angel. I've seen you in my visions.” Cordelia smiled at her as she met the angel's green eyes with humility.

“And you're a higher being, both of us belongs to The Powers That Be, we have a lot in common.” Buffy smiled back. “The difference between us is the fact that you still live on earth, this is not my home any longer, I live in heaven and serve the oracles.” She lowered her voice, so it was almost audible. “And I'm far away from the one I love...”

Cordelia reached out her hand towards Buffy and the angel took it, sitting down next to her bed. Cordelia could feel Buffy's pain, by holding her hand and Buffy closed her eyes, trying not to cry, as she heard Cordelia's voice in her mind again, speaking to her.

“He loves you, you know that?”

Buffy nodded and as she opened her eyes, Cordelia wiped away a tear from Buffy's cheek.

“You have to be strong, you'll find a way.” Her words lingered in Buffy's mind, comforting.

Angel, who was sitting on the opposite side of the bed, was watching the light that the two women radiated, like glimpses of light in the dark room. He knew that Buffy had to leave, and the light faded from the room, when she returned to heaven.



Tara was still recovering at the hospital. Buffy kept an eye on her, watching her through her bowl of water. She was touched by Willow's care, and she could feel her friend's love flowing towards the blonde slayer, laying in the bed, with a little smile on her lips, dreaming.


Buffy stepped into Tara's dream and found herself standing on a rainbow. Tara stood in front of her smiling, with tender eyes, reaching out her hand towards the angel. Buffy took it and they started walking. Buffy was amazed by this world as she looked down, everything was so beautiful, little birds and butterflies flying around, blue sky surrounding them, the sun warming their skin. Tara was wearing a light yellow dress and the wind softly caressed it as she strolled hand in hand with Buffy. They could see a forest and a white unicorn waiting for them at the end of the rainbow, standing in the soft green grass. Tara suddenly stopped and turned her face towards the sky, enjoying the heat of the sun.

“When I watch the sky, I see you, Buffy,” Tara mused, her voice soft.

Buffy looked into Tara's glittering eyes and the angel smiled at the slayer.

“I know you won't leave me. Are you my guardian angel?” Tara looked hopefully at Buffy, her eyes pleading, while she brushed back some of her hair from her face, but the wind was soon playing with it again, softly this time.

“You know, I am,” Buffy said, placing a tiara in Tara's hair.

They started walking again and reached the forest, where the unicorn was waiting.

“You know why I am here, don't you?” Buffy asked Tara.

“I do, you want me to wake up.” Tara smiled at her. “But not yet, I wanna show you something first.”

Tara climbed up on the back of the unicorn and it made its way into the forest, turning its head now and then to see if Buffy was following them, flying high above them.

They came to a glittering pond filled with water lilies, and some swans were swimming around with their baby birds close to them. The unicorn bent down its head and drank from the water.

Buffy and Tara sat down on the soft green moss.

“Isn't it beautiful here?” Tara let her fingers brush over the moss, watching the unicorn from the corner of her eye.

“You have to come back to us, we need you, Tara. You are the chosen one.”

“I know, I just needed some time to heal. I can come here, to this world, anytime I want, this is where the good magic lives.”

Tara held Buffy's hands in hers and placed a soft kiss on the angel's cheek.

“Now, I'll return to Willow.” She let go of Buffy's hands.

Buffy watched as Tara started to glow and she slowly disappeared, leaving Buffy. The angel flew back to heaven, anxious to watch Tara awakening at the hospital.


Willow's heart was filled with joy, as Tara slowly opened her eyes. No words were needed between them, all was forgiven. Giles let his breath out, he had no reason to worry any longer.



Buffy returned to Cordelia and Angel later that night, finding them in the same position as earlier, Angel sitting by Cordy's bed, now holding her hand in his. They were talking with low voices, a shimmer of familiarity dwelt in the room and it seemed like time was standing still, a magic moment as they were drowning in each others eyes, finding more than they never expected to find. Cordy was surrounded by a soft glow and their lips met.

They didn't seem to notice Buffy at first, but then Angel saw her standing in the shadows.

“Buffy, you think I don't see you? You're not very good at hiding, love. Come here.”

Buffy wished that she hadn't come, the last thing she wanted was to interrupt. She went closer, bringing the light that surrounded her on her way to Angel.

Suddenly Cordelia seemed to get a vision, she cried out in pain and the magic was gone. Angel still held her hand. Cordelia looked up at Buffy with fear in her eyes.

“There will be a big fight, the potential slayers are gathering.” Then she closed her eyes, affected by the vision.

Angel and Buffy looked at each other, not knowing what to believe.

“Who summoned them?” Buffy wondered. “What about Tara?”

“From beneath, it devours..." Cordelia whispered, her body still trembling, her eyes shut.