Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you havn't abandoned me...
The snow fell on the window-ledge, making the world look white and pure, untouched. The snow covered the ground, spreading its snowflakes of perfection from the sky, letting them dance on their way down, before they reached their goal, the cold ground, where they rested. The snowflakes were glimmering on the ground like little diamonds, hopefully twinkling as they were reflecting the light from the rising sun. Another day in Sunnydale had begun.

Not aware of the beauty outside the window, Spike put his arm around Buffy's waist and buried his face in her soft wings, letting out an unnecessary breath. They were slumbering together, Buffy with a little smile on her lips. They had went back to sleep, it was still early and none of them wanted to part.

Both of them knew deep within that they had to part, but no one wanted to bring it up, not wanting to destroy the magic. They let hope dwell in their hearts, keeping the falling star and the wish in memory, wishing to be together for eternity.



Meanwhile at the hospital, Willow gazed into Tara's eyes, sitting on the edge of the bed, holding Tara's hands in her own, while she whispered softly.

“Tara, baby, can I hold you?”

Tara nodded and Willow wrapped herself around Tara in the bed, putting her head on her girlfriend's shoulder. The blonde sighed deeply.

“What is it baby? Does it hurt?” Willow lifted her head and gave her a worried look.

“No, not any longer. I just thought of a dream I had.” Tara mused with a cute smile on her lips. “Close your eyes, sweetie, and I'll take you there.”

“Where?” Willow wondered with a small frown, placing her head on Tara’s shoulder again.

“To the place where the good magic lives. Now, close your eyes.”


Willow closed her eyes, so did Tara and as soon they let sleep claim them, they found themselves standing in the grass, hand in hand, in a lovely world. Tara smiled at Willow, when she saw her girlfriend's reaction in the corner of her eye. Willow was stunned by the moment, holding her unshed tears, amazed of the beauty, surrounding her.

“See, sweetie, it's beautiful here.” Tara turned her head to face Willow and placed a soft kiss on her cheek, before stepping back, holding her hands in Willow's, looking into her eyes.

“No, you are beautiful. You shine.” Willow couldn't take her eyes from Tara or the light green satin dress she was wearing now in this lovely dimension. A light breeze captured the hem of the dress, making it billow around her legs. Willow had a dark blue dress, ornated with white pearls around her waist.

They started walking towards the forest, making their way past little rabbits playing in the grass and white flowers, spreading a scent of jasmine in the wind.

Yellow butterflies circled around them as the sun shone, warming their skin. It was late, soon the sun would set, but the heat would stay for the night, it was always summer here. The leaves of the trees were always green and the grass felt soft under their feet.

The unicorn had been waiting for Tara to return, the animal was standing at the edge of the forest, bending its head down, eating delicious red apples that were laying under an apple tree.

When the unicorn saw Tara moving closer, it raised its head, shaking its mane, causing its horn to glimmer in the sun, welcoming her with eyes full of devotion.

Willow saw little stars glowing in the unicorn's eyes, when Tara touched its mane, brushing it with her fingers, before she easily got up on the white animal's back. She looked like a goddess and Willow just adored her.

It was getting dark, the sky was painted with colours of red and orange and when darkness fell, the stars started to twinkle, bright little lights far away from them, sending light and hope.

Darkness started to surround them, as Tara was riding on the white unicorn through the forest, with Willow walking beside, holding her hand. The unicorn knew where Tara wanted to go, they shared a special friendship and Tara had spent a lot of time here. The path was lined with trees, leaning their branches of green leaves over Tara's head as she rode past them. A slow ride in the moonlight to her favourite place, the pond.

When they reached the pond, Tara had got off the unicorn's back, sitting down on the green moss near the water. Willow joined her in silence.

They were watching the stars. Willow was laying on her back, arms above her head, her red hair spread over the soft green moss, her eyes following a falling star. Tara sat next to her, caressing the mane of the unicorn. The animal laid its head on her lap and fell asleep. Tara felt joy in her heart, feeling the warmth from the white animal, it was sleeping peacefully. And the twinkling stars in the galaxy above them were so beautiful, they filled up her senses.

Willow suddenly broke the silence, asking the question she had been keeping in her mind.

“How can you love me after what I did to you?” She was still watching the stars, not wanting to look Tara in the eyes, her voice was fragile and barely audible.

“It's easy, I listen to my heart. We belong together and I know you won’t hurt me again, sweetie.” Tara whispered back, smiling at Willow, with trust in her eyes.

Willow turned her face towards Tara, with a worried look on her face.

“Tara, baby, I'm afraid.”

“You don't have to be.” Tara reached out her hand and Willow took it, holding it hard.

“I'm afraid of magic, what if I can't control myself?”

“I'll help you. I won't let anything happen to you.” Tara assured Willow, leaning closer, careful to not wake up the unicorn and softly kissed Willow on the lips. Another star fell.



Giles was on his way back to England. He had got a call from The Watchers' Council, about something important, so he had to leave Sunnydale for a while. Anya had been with him every minute she hadn't been working at The Magic Box, spending her time at the hospital with Giles. When he had left her, she had kissed him goodbye, wanting him to return as soon as he could, not wanting to be without him and to his surprise he felt the same way about her. But he would see her soon again, he would soon be home again, he thought, as he looked out of the window, sitting on the plane.