Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you like it! :)
Dawn had spent the night at Janice's place and the morning after she had went to the hospital to see Tara and Willow. Tara had been awake, to Dawn's happiness, and after she had hugged her friend for a long time, she had gone to search for Spike, to tell him that Tara was awake. He would be so happy, Dawn thought, as she went upstairs to the bathroom in her house, noticing that the door to Buffy's room was slightly open. Maybe he was there?

After all, he hadn't been in his crypt, she had already been there, before she went home.
The snow had made the world white and pure and she had felt amazed over how beautiful the winter was. She had stopped by at Buffy's grave at the cemetery and carefully brushed off the snow from the cold stone. She had smiled, when she had seen the angel, that Spike had carved out, a goddess with huge wings.

“Spike, are you there?” She asked, standing outside Buffy's door, with hope in her heart.

The sound of her voice woke him up, he slowly opened his eyes, remembering that Buffy still was in his arms, her golden locks was spread over the pillow, her body next to his, her wings so soft against his naked skin, so lovable. He cleared his voice and went up. Buffy glanced at him and made herself invisible, while she was touching her pendant, the white glass heart.

“Yes, I'm here, sweetie.”

He put on a bath robe and opened the door a little more and peeked out, facing Dawn, who was smiling at him. Her hair was tied back in a ponytail and the thin yellow sweater she wore with her jeans just looked fabulous on her.

“Hi, I just wanted to tell you that Tara is awake. Please come and see her.” Her eyes pleading, how could he resist her? Well, he couldn't... He smiled at her and gave her a quick hug.

“I'll be down in a minute, niblet. Let me dress, okay?”

“I'll wait downstairs.” Dawn left Spike, and headed towards the kitchen, while she waited for him to join her. She looked out of the window, it was still snowing. In just a month it would be Christmas. Her first Christmas without Buffy. At least she had her friends and Spike, she thought and smiled sadly, seeing her own reflection on the glass.



Meanwhile, Spike closed the door and turned around.

“Buffy?” He couldn't see her, but he could sense her presence, a sweet but diluted scent of cherry blossom dwelt in the room.

She put her arms around him, still invisible, and he felt her soft lips brush against his.

“You have to go and so do I... I'll come back later.” She whispered into his mind, giving him a kiss goodbye. He kissed her back, not wanting to let her go.

“Now hurry, Dawn is waiting for you, so is Tara.” With that she flew back to heaven.



The oracle had been waiting for her angel to return. Buffy read the oracle's mind and hurried to her bowl of water, confirming to her what she just had found out. The surface of the water showed her a couple, sitting on a roof, watching the sunset together, holding hands. The woman was looking into the man's eyes and Buffy could see a glimpse of sadness in her eyes, as she watched them from above. She could hear them in her mind, if she listened carefully.


“I am dying, Wesley, and there's nothing you can do about it.”

Dark curls framed Fred's face and her brown eyes gazed at the sunset. Sitting on the roof had been her idea, she had wanted to be alone with him, their talks meant a lot to her, giving her perspective, helping her through the days. Her time in Pylea hadn't been easy and at night the nightmares used to remind her of what she was trying to forget, her miserable life there and the fear surrounding her, then she hid under her bed, not daring to fall asleep again. She was trying to forget about the nightmares, writing down chemical formulas in her note pad all night long. She was kind of cute, when she got lost in her notes, forgetting about everything else, it had been her rescue, and still was in a way.

She loved the days and was afraid of the nights. Luckily, Wes had offered her a place in his room and she had found relief in his arms, finding that he truly had feelings for her. She didn't want to hurt him, it was the last thing she wanted to do, but her words gave him nothing but sorrow now. She knew that and it broke her heart, seeing the pain in his eyes.

Fred and Wesley had spent almost all their time together since they had left Pylea. Wes was stunned by her intelligence and she was cute in a childish way, she looked like a little girl sometimes when she smiled. He adored her and he was afraid of losing her.

“Fred, you won't die, you are still young.” And beautiful, he thought, sending her a comforting smile, before he put his arms around her, trying to console the young woman in his arms.

“I'm ill.” She mumbled against his light blue shirt and he could feel how she was trembling. He held her tighter, not wanting to believe what she just had told him.


Cordelia approached behind them, with a mysterious look on her face.

“Yes, she got a virus from Pylea, I hardly noticed it when we went through the portal. She got infected, she has carried the virus since then, but I never thought it would go like this, not this far. She'll die tomorrow night, I've seen it in my visions. Take care of her, Wes, don't leave her, she needs you, more than ever now.” Cordelia raised her head, looking at the sky, going through her vision in her mind again.

“What kind of virus is it?” Wesley cleared his throat, not able to hide his anxiety.

“Not sure, I think it's some kind of demon, slowly taking over her body, making her into some sort of goddess with unknown powers.”

“Is there something I can do?” Wesley sighed, feeling his inability in this case.

“Just hold her.” With that Cordelia left them, in each others arms. It was going to be a long night, the longest of his life and it would be followed by the longest day of his life, one last day with Fred, he would just hold her...



Buffy sighed, Angel had been right, there was something strange about Fred. She was infected with some sort of demon, maybe it was meant to be that way? Maybe there was a meaning with this? She didn't know what to believe any longer...




Somewhere else, far, far away, a star twinkled bright and clear in the starry sky, like a little diamond, letting its light shine on the earth, on the face of a mysterious woman, standing on a hill, surrounded by a forest.

“Now, pretty princess, I know you hired that crazy priest and the bringers, turning down the potential slayers. I know you hate slayers and I know why you hate her.”

“Yes, she took him away from me," said the woman, turning her face towards the star she spoke to in her mind. A light wind blew in her dark curly hair and her old-fashioned romantic dress fluttered in the breeze, as she embraced herself.

“Celeste, what shall I do? I want him back, but he won't love me. He is poisoned by her love, even though she’s dead and an angel now, she has still his heart in her hands.”

“Don't give up, I'll lead you the way. Just wait and see the potentials die one after one, and so will the watchers. It will make her weak, it will drain her energy. She can't heal all of them.”

The woman looked pleased, and the star continued to speak into her mind.

“I have given you my powers, the powers of the first evil. We share them, we are like sisters now. Don't let me down, precious.”

“I won't let you down, Celeste.”


The woman closed her eyes and whispered into the night, into the darkness surrounding her, the stars dwelling high above her, twinkling bright, as she softly spoke in a low voice.

“My sweet William, just wait and see. Soon you'll be in my arms again, devouring me. Miss Edith told me so too and she never lies. I'll get my revenge.”

The woman blew a kiss in the air and a sinister smile formed on her lips, as she looked up at the sky again, before she disappeared into the air, leaving a glittering stardust, twinkling in the air for a couple of seconds.