Author's Chapter Notes:
Too bad, I have been getting "spam reviews", like commercials, so if you want to leave a review, you must log in. Sorry about that.
“It used to be your destiny, Buffy, being the chosen one, being the slayer, ” the female oracle told her, giving her a tender look, as they sat on a white soft cloud. “You used to slay vampires and demons, that was your destiny, to fight until your death would end your life, only to be replaced by another slayer, another woman with slayer skills, who would continue the fight, in this case Tara.”

The oracle looked into her angel's green eyes, shimmering emerald pools that radiated a love so pure, so unselfish, that it surprised the woman sitting next to her. She could see that Buffy was smiling at her, and in the corner of her eye, she saw all the love that dwelt in Buffy's heart, a soft glow surrounded her body and her wings shone in the early morning, sunbeams found their way to her feathers, making them glitter. Her hair shone like gold in the sunlight, she was indeed a goddess, an angel of The Powers That Be.

Buffy broke the silence, her voice soft and delightful, as she spoke. “We both know that Tara isn't like any other slayer, she has her magic skills.” The oracle nodded in agreement.

“And you're not like any other angel. I changed your destiny by making you into an angel and you've fulfilled your dreams, you still are. Your feelings for Spike is growing and the bond between you is strong, it makes me happy, sweetie, more than you know. You're my best angel, and I want it to stay that way.” The oracle smiled at Buffy, before she continued.

“But I guess I will never forgive myself about what happened to Celeste. She was a promising angel, then it all went wrong. So very wrong...” She sighed and hid her face in her hands.

“What happened to her?” It was not more than a whisper and Buffy felt her heart beat faster.

“She wanted more power, she became destructive and her feathers went from sparkling white to the darkest shade of black, the evilness inside her was consuming her soul bit by bit, until we stopped her, by taking her angelic powers, she only used them to create pain and misery, not to heal and create good, like she was supposed to. She was no longer a white angel, she was a dark fallen angel, a demon.” The woman looked up at Buffy, meeting her gaze, revealing the sorrow in her eyes and Buffy shared her pain.

“It was like a vicious circle, a never ending nightmare. She was playing with people's minds, and she still kind of is. As a star, we made her into one, so we could keep an eye on her. Being a star, she infiltrates herself into people's minds, telling them secrets and guides them on the paths of darkness. Evil will never disappear, you have to protect the ones you love.”

“I will, Selene.”


The oracle cupped her hands in front of Buffy and they were filled with water. And as Buffy looked at the surface of the water, she saw Fred, laying on a bed. Wesley was by her side, they were both crying. The darkness had fell and they both knew what was going to happen. The room was lit by candles and Wesley slowly kissed Fred on the lips, before whispering sweet words into her ear, holding her tight.

“I'll never stop loving you.”

“Neither shall I.” She whispered back, taking her last breath. She looked him in the eyes, pacing her finger slowly over his lips, while she was smiling sadly. He kissed her on the forehead and then she closed her eyes forever. He let out a sob, but stopped when her body started to glow, a soft blue glow surrounding her.

Her skin began to turn soft blue, blue skin that turned harder and the demon took form in front of his eyes, revealing her beauty to him and he couldn't stop staring at her, as she lay there with her eyes still closed, long eyelashes, her slender body dressed in an armour, she looked like a warrior. But she still looked like Fred, a part of her still did, he thought, as he stared at her. He held his breath, when she opened her eyes, they were surprisingly blue like ice and he was mesmerized by the depth of her eyes.

He was stunned, when she started to speak. The sound of her voice made him spellbound.

“I'll always love you.” Her voice sounded so innocent, so cute, almost like Fred, but this wasn't Fred. This was a demon, he better watch his back. After all, he used to be a Watcher, he should know better. But looking into her eyes made his heart warm.

“Who are you?” He asked her. She smiled in a mysterious way, not letting go of their eye contact, even though Cordelia stepped into the room, lightened up by the candles.

“She's Illyria now.”


The oracle let the water flow through her fingers, and it fell like rain. Buffy kept wondering what this meant, bringing a demon to Wesley, bringing a demon to Angel. Did Angel even know? What was Illyria's purpose? The oracle read her mind and smiled at her, tucking a lock of golden hair behind Buffy's ear.

“Don't worry, angel of mine, you will find out, when the time is right.” She assured Buffy.


Buffy longed for Spike and saw in front of herself how he and Dawn had made their way through the snow, in the dark morning, to the hospital. Tara had been awake and when Spike had given her a hug, he had made a decision. He would train her, since Giles had left to go back to England. The training would start as soon as possible and Tara was more than happy. The chip in his head didn't bother him any longer and after all, slaying vampires and demons always felt good. It made him think of all the patrolling he and Buffy had done. He smiled to himself, missing her, his angel.

Buffy's heart was filled with joy, when she read Spike's mind. Soon she would return to him, to sleep in his arms.



Author's note: I named the oracle after the ancient Greek moon goddess, Selene.