Author's Chapter Notes:
Cordykitten, consider yourself warned, but this Spike/Other is only a dream.
“From beneath, it devours...”

Those words were the last she had heard in her nightmare, that had woke her up in the middle of the night. She had heard them before, from Cordelia. Buffy had healed her and when the higher being had recovered from her coma, Cordy had got a vision about the potential slayers and a big fight coming up. Buffy knew that Cordelia had passed on her vision to help her, but at the moment she felt terrified. She was looking at the white ceiling in her old house.

In her nightmare she had seen the potential slayers from all over the world, being chased and killed by strange men. The potentials were on their way to Sunnydale, but few seemed to make it. There would be a gathering soon and Tara would lead them against the evil.

Buffy had seen Giles finding a dead Watcher in England, he had been too late, the strange men had already been there, and she truly felt sorry for him. He was on his way home again, to protect Tara and to help Spike with the training. Soon the potentials would gather in this house, and they would have a lot to learn.

Buffy suddenly sat up in the bed, blinking a couple of times, seeing Cordelia standing by the window. The brunette looked at her, seeing Spike, sleeping next to Buffy in the bed.

“Cordelia? What are you doing here?” Buffy asked Cordy in her mind, caring to not wake Spike up from his slumber. The blonde vampire moved closer to Buffy, missing her warm body next to his and Buffy caressed his back soothingly.

“You got my message?” Cordelia eyed Buffy.

“Yes, I understood that you sent your vision to me.” Buffy looked into her friend's brown eyes, with a sad expression on her face. Cordy looked the same, the visions were always painful and left a cloud of despair, but hope never left their hearts.

“We must find out who's after them.” The two women agreed, before Cordelia disappeared just as quick as she had appeared and Buffy snuggled close to Spike, her mind filled with unanswered questions, as she tried to fall asleep in his arms and let sleep claim her.



An hour later, she still tossed and turned in the bed, making Spike wake up, he was holding her tight in his arms, trying to calm her down as he looked her deeply in the eyes, whispering.

“What's the matter, kitten? You're so tensed.” She looked into his eyes and let her breath out, and found herself lost in his sapphire eyes, as he gazed at her, eyes filled with adoration.

“I had a vision, but it's gone now.” She cupped his cheek with her hand, feeling the worries disappear from his mind. He smiled at her seductively.

“Good, I need you here.” He leaned down and softly kissed her on the lips.



Tara and Willow had came home from the hospital in the afternoon. Spike had started Tara's training as soon as she had got home, and it had turned out that she was still strong. She just needed a little practice to get in shape again, so Spike went patrolling with her. Tara staked a lot of vampires and Spike just watched her in awe, as she turned them into dust, swirling in the air. They were greeted by Willow when they got home and the three of them had watched TV for a while, until Spike had gone upstairs to get some sleep. Then Buffy had been laying in his bed, waiting for him and after they had kissed each other for what felt like hours, he had fell asleep in her arms, with happy thoughts in his mind, snuggling close to her under the cover.



Now, she was in his arms again and he had no intention to let her go. He made love to her, as the stars twinkled bright in the cold starry sky. The moonlight sent a soft light into the room through the window and in the corner of her eye, Buffy saw a star, that seemed to glow brighter than the others and it twinkled hopefully in the dark night.

After a while, they had went back to sleep in each others arms.



Somewhere between dream and reality, Spike found himself in the old factory and when he turned around he saw her. She was standing in front of him, her eyes sparkling as she played with a lock of her dark shiny hair. The old victorian dress looked the same, sweet, and the pearl necklace, he had given her a long time ago, hadn't lost its shine. She was indeed a dark beauty, and he could see why he had loved her in the past, why he had done everything for her, why he had adored her.

“My sweet William, have you missed your princess?” Her tone was innocent and lovable and he found himself mesmerized by her voice. She took a step closer, and reached out her hands towards him, not touching, only tempting him. She smiled and leaned in as if to kiss him, but her lips did not touch his, instead she turned her head away and smiled in a mysterious way, that he couldn't understand. Then she whispered softly in his ear, making him shiver.

“Do you remember when you said you loved all of me? When we still were together, you loved me, but then you left me. You left me for sunshine. Please, come back to me.”

He frowned, before he gazed at her, his blue eyes met hers, his voice cold as ice, as he spoke.

“Dru, don't mess up my mind. You're dead, you died in that church, there was nothing I could do to help you. Leave me alone.”

“Well, we'll see about that, won't we?” She burst into laughter, before she turned around and walked away from him, her hips swaying slightly from side to side, making the dress flare out around her legs. Her bare feet touched the stone floor, as she made her way through the factory, and she left him standing alone.

Now and then, she turned around, to see if he still was watching and she blew a kiss in the air towards him.

When he no longer could see her, she disappeared into the air, leaving a glittering stardust behind her, and with a wicked smile, she let his memory of the dream sink into oblivion.