Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you haven't abandoned me? Sorry it took so long to update, but I've had fever, maybe I still have, I don't feel well.
Long time ago, when the sky touched the sea at the horizon and they seemed to be one, and the sun bathed in the sea, coloring the sky orange, pink and red against the dark blue above, day started to turn into night. Soon darkness dwelt and the moon regained her kingdom, her silent cold night, accompanied by little twinkling stars, which reflected themselves in the eyes of a goddess, standing on a hill.

Her blue sapphire eyes were as beautiful as her blue hair. She was indeed a beauty, all men wanted her, but no one could touch her. She only loved one man, but he was out of reach, because he was her brother. Love was never an option for her, love was misery and pain, darkening her soul, making her suffer, so her skin turned hard and a shell formed around her heart, to protect her, to hide her feelings and to heal her wounds.

She ruled her kingdom well. She was loved, treasured and admired, and feared by some. Her army defended her borders and her people lived in peace.

Her name was Illyria.

One day a woman came to her kingdom, a beautiful angel, with white wings and long, red hair. Her green eyes shimmered like emeralds, reminding Illyria of endless forests and soft green moss, promising green eyes, like the eyes of her brother, and she got a feeling, that her brother would fall in love with this angel, and he did.

From the moment they saw each other, they walked hand in hand and Illyria watched them from afar, with envy in her heart. When her brother told her about his feelings, unaware of his sister's forbidden feelings, he couldn't understand where her anger came from, why she had told him that the love of his life wasn't the one for him. He felt confused, and chose to leave, to give his sister time to think and to accept his bride.

The angel, who had been waiting for him to return to her, smiled and he placed a soft kiss on her lips, before they left the palace hand in hand. Her white dress seemed so pure, so did her heart, but nothing could have been more wrong.

They got married and he was so happy. He didn't notice that her white wings shifted color from bright white to grey and then they shifted to dark grey and then slowly they turned black, but his mind was blurred. He didn't even notice that all she wanted was power and that it consumed her soul, darkening her senses. Her angelic powers allowed her to read people's minds and she was amused by the feelings that Illyria held in her heart. The angel decided to kill her husband, to cause Illyria even more pain, and she did, with a wicked smile. The oracles tried to stop her, but failed.

When Illyria found her dead brother, she became furious and captured the angel by setting up a trap. She placed a beautiful mirror at a strategic place and when the angel came there, she couldn't resist to look at herself in the mirror and she was stunned by her own beauty and couldn't tear her eyes away from her reflection. Illyria grinned and stepped closer with a sword in her hand, ready to kill the angel, when an oracle stood in front of her, pleading to her.

“Don't kill her, it will only be worse then, let me take care of her.”

The oracle held up her palm, revealing a dusty glimmering powder and blew it softly in the direction of the angel, making her fall asleep. Then she picked her up in her arms, carrying her fallen angel, Celeste, back to heaven, with grief in her heart and tears streaming down her cheeks.

Cordelia woke up from her vision, thankful for what Selene had showed her, only to find herself in Angel's arms and she snuggled closer to him.

In another room in the same building, Illyria tossed and turned in the bed, annoyed and confused by the thoughts that kept her awake, not allowing her to sleep. Wesley tried to console the crying woman, but he felt insecure how to do it, this was something new to him, and he wanted to do the right thing, to calm her down and take away her pain.

“My kingdom is gone, the army I once had is scattered to the wind, there's nothing left. I don't know who I am any longer. I have nothing to live for, it's so empty inside of me. I share Fred's memories, but they're not mine. Who am I?”

“You're Illyria.” He wrapped his arms around her.

“Why did you do that?” She looked him in the eyes, suspicious.

“Because I care about you.” He whispered in her ear.

Illyria felt even more confused, but deep down in her mind, she felt a strange feeling, devotion, a feeling she had inherited from Fred, and it filled her senses.

“Will you kiss me?” Her blue eyes pleading. “I've never been kissed.”

“Only if you want to.” He smiled shyly.

When their lips met, Illyria knew that there was a meaning with all this, her longing heart was filled with love as she discovered these new feelings, feeling the blood rush through her veins. She felt alive, more than ever, so did he.


Back in Sunnydale, Spike and Buffy embraced and held each other tightly, neither of them wanted to let go as they lay in the bed, looking into each others eyes. Outside the window the sun was rising and Buffy softly whispered to him.

“I love you. I always will.” The depths of his eyes confirmed that he felt the same way.


Later that morning Buffy went back to heaven and Spike continued to train Tara in the basement, where the sun wouldn't be able to harm him. They were interrupted by the phone ringing. It was Giles, calling from the airport.

“Tara, there's something I have to tell you. The potential slayers are coming to Sunnydale.”

“I know, I've seen it in my slayer dreams.”

“You have? That's good. We'll talk more soon, I'm on my way home.” He was about to hang up, when he heard her asking something.

“Giles, what is a scythe?”