Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter starts with a wedding and the new priest in Sunnydale is introduced that way. I loved writing this, I got all bridezilla *giggles* though I'm already married ;) I started to look for wedding gowns and tiaras on Internet like I was obsessed. ;) The reading from the bible is 1 Corintians 13:4-8, 13.
If you wanna see the gown I chose for the bride, you can see it here: http://www.bridalchalet.com/Gallery/bridalgown/aline/product.html?id=itemgrCrJJztCM
“To love and to cherish, to love each other for all eternity, to confirm your love in holy matrimony, that is a gift from God, let him fill your hearts and let your hearts lead you towards a life of joy and happiness, where your children can grow up in peace.”

He gazed out over the people in the church, this was his first day as a priest in Sunnydale. He just got the job, the last priest disappeared during mysterious circumstances and he had happened to be in the right place at the right time. He was in the middle of conducting a marriage ceremony. The bride looked lovely, wearing a wonderful A-lined wedding gown, she looked innocent and shy and the priest couldn't stop staring at her. The way her chest slightly heaved when she let her breath in, was more than he could handle.

The man she was marrying didn't know how lucky he was to have such a bride, she was filling out the dress in all the right places. Her blonde strands were held in place by hairpins, but some locks had managed to escape and made her look even more adorable in his eyes. A simple, yet romantic, tiara ornamented with white pearls crowned her head, and he noticed that her skin seemed to glow, like the pearls did.

The bridal bouquet was made of creamy Vendela roses, tied together by a green satin band and the way she held them in her hands, made him shiver. He let his eyes caress her body, while he wondered how it would feel if she touched him with those white satin gloves, that ended above her elbows.

The priest could definitely imagine her in his bed, she was all he ever wanted, and if he was lucky, she was a virgin, he would love to devour her and mess up her hair and smear out her makeup, he would kiss away all that pink glittering lip gloss from her lips and rip off her ...

He shook his head and snapped back from his thoughts, when he heard a woman read from the bible. It was a relative of the bride and by the way she looked, she had ate too much. He shuddered, but kept looking at her. One thing was for sure, he'd never hit on that woman... Yeah, he was desperate, but not insane, he thought.

“Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never selfish or rude. Love does not demand it's own way. It is not irritable or touchy, it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. Three things are certain: Faith, Hope and Love, these three, but the greatest of these is love. Amen.” The woman was finally finished with the reading and he let his breath out, when she went back to sit down on the church bench.

The rest of the wedding, the pledge, the wedding wows and the exchanging of the rings went well, so did the pronouncement and the closing prayer.

“You may now kiss your Bride”. He announced and when the happy couple kissed, he tried to ignore his lustful feelings for the bride and managed to do it.

He was pleased with himself and tonight he would see the darkhaired beauty to get new orders. He clasped his hands together and burst into a psalm as the organ started to play. He smiled and he charmed them all.



Giles was back home and he brought several potential slayers, that he had found on his way back to Sunnydale. One of the girls had nearly been hit by a car and surprisingly the driver had looked like a priest. Giles had reached out for her and quickly pulled her away from the street. Now they gathered in the kitchen, so far they were eight potentials, but more girls were on their way. Spike, Dawn, Willow and Tara joined them. Some of the potentials were afraid that the bringers would come after them, so Tara did a protection spell. The potentials liked Tara from the beginning, the fact that she was both a slayer and a wicca appealed to them.

They were discussing the latest events in the kitchen, while they were drinking tea. Many questions needed answers, especially two questions; what they were doing here in Sunnydale and what a slayer really was doing. Most of the potentials hadn't known that they were predestined to be slayers, until the bringers had began to chase them, and they came to Sunnydale.

One of the potential slayers, Vi, cleared her voice and asked Giles a question.

“Giles, is it true that there are two slayers?”

“Yes, there are two, Tara and Faith. By the way, they should be here soon.” He started to polish his glasses, trying to calm his nerves down.

“Who are coming?” Dawn asked, curious as always.

“Wesley and Faith, he got her out of jail. We need her for the training.” Giles explained.

“Oi, what about me?” Spike interrupted, clearly annoyed.

“Of course, Spike. We need you too. Did you know that Spike has trained Tara?” Giles was looking at the potentials. “And he's doing well. We need all the help we can get.”

“But he is a vampire?” Another potential, Kennedy, frowned at Spike.

“So what, I have a soul.” He crossed his arms over his chest and pouted.

Willow cleared her throat, trying to change the subject.

“Is Fred coming too?” She smiled at Giles, hoping her friend would come and visit her.

“Not exactly, she's changed a bit. She's not the one she used to be.” Giles sighed. “According to what Wesley has told me, she's now a demon from the Primordium Age, I mean the demon has taken over Fred's body, she got infected. And now Wesley is taking care of her, she's very vulnerable and confused and won't leave his side. He is investigating her abilities, we don't know which powers and strengths she possesses yet.”

“Poor Fred, she was so in love with Wes”. Willow looked miserable and Tara squeezed her hand. Tara changed the subject by asking Giles the question she had in mind.

“Giles, you never give me an answer, you know I asked you on the phone about the Scythe? I saw it in a slayer dream, what do you know about it?” They all became quiet, when Giles started telling them what he knew about the weapon.

“There is a legend, that there is a weapon, the Scythe, formed a long time ago, meant for her, the slayer. But according to the legend, it's stuck in a stone and only she can release it. If it exists, we must find it before they do, the strange men, the bringers and whoever leads them. I'm not sure if they know how to use it, but we can't take any chances”.

All of them nodded, they had to find the Scythe, if it existed. If they only knew how close it was...



Back in heaven, Buffy was trying to find out more about Celeste and Selene shared the vision with Buffy, that Cordelia had been shown. She understood what the former angel had done and that Illyria might be a threat to the star, if Celeste had anything to do with the hunt of the potentials.

Buffy had been watching Illyria and Wesley since she had came back to heaven this morning and was touched by the care Wesley showed the person, who once had been Fred. They were on their way to Sunnydale, and on their way there, they had managed to get Faith out of jail.

Now, Illyria was sleeping in the car and Faith said she was ready to help Tara with the training of the potentials. Everything seemed to be fine, but inside his heart Wes was more than worried, thinking about the call he had received from Giles and he wondered who was after the potentials and the slayers, trying to exterminate the whole slayer line. He couldn't let that happen, he was a former Watcher and it was his responsibility to help his girls. And Illyria, he thought, she needed help too. He looked at her, and he found her amazingly cute, and his heart sang.



Back in the church, the wedding was over and the priest looked more than pleased, but when no one was looking, he muttered and cursed the bride for tempting him and giving him sinful thoughts. She was just like the others, a smiling bitch, an Eve tempting with forbidden fruit.

The woman who had hired him, had given him a place to stay, an old house with a basement, in the outer regions of the city. The building seemed to be an old vineyard, but he didn't really care where he lived, as long as he had a place. And tonight, he would see her in the church, at midnight. She seemed to have a thing for priests, he could tell she was hot for him and he couldn't wait to hear her confession. He licked his lips, she was one hell of a woman. He would gladly follow her orders, but hoped she would offer her body to him.