Author's Chapter Notes:
If you wanna make my day, please leave a review!
Giles sat on the sofa, looking worried, polishing his glasses.

“Willow, are you sure you could fix the buffybot? This town needs to be protected from the evil lurking in the darkness. They must not find out about Buffy's death. We must fight them, do our best to dust them and the buffybot must lead our way.”

“I am almost done with her, just a little programming left to do, she'll be out on the streets tonight, don't worry.” Willow assured him with a sad smile.

“Not alone, anyway, we have to go with her, you, me and Xander... It's too dangerous for her to go alone.” Giles cleared his throat, still polishing his glasses.

“I know, it will be a long night.” Willow sighed. “But we have to do our best and hope that our little secret won't be revealed.”

Dawn came down the stairs with Spike, listening to the conversation.

“Spike can help us, right Spike?” Dawn eyed the vampire, giving him her sweetest smile.

“Anything for you, niblet.” He padded her on the head, then turning to Willow and Giles.

“If that's okay with you... If you need my help.” Spike swallowed hard and glanced at the buffybot, laying in Willow's lap, trying not to stare at it.

“Fine, we go out patrolling tonight.” Giles tried to smile, but failed.

“And Dawn will stay home with Tara.” Willow smiled at Dawn, while she put the buffybot aside and gave the young brunette a gentle hug.

Spike couldn't take his eyes from the buffybot, laying on the floor, with her eyes closed. He couldn't stand being around her, he knew she wasn't the one he loved, just a stupid robot, messing his mind up. At the same time, he wanted to be close to her, hold her in his arms. He turned around and went upstairs, wiping away a tear, hoping that nobody saw him doing it.

When darkness fell, they went out, patrolling.

Dawn and Tara were surprised when the doorbell rang, they sat in the sofa, watching an old romantic movie. Tara was about to open the door when Dawn stopped her.

“Who could it be, at this time?”

It was late, Tara looked at her watch. The doorbell rang again and she opened the door.

“Oh, Angel, come in.” Tara smiled at him. “Me and Dawn were w-watching a movie, w-wanna join us? W-we got popcorn if you w-want some?”

Angel stepped in and sat down on the sofa, between them, with his head in his hands.

“Sorry,” he started. They turned off the TV.

“I came as soon as I heard. I can't believe she's gone. Who's gonna patrol now?” He looked up at the two girls.

“They are out patrolling now, with the buffybot.” Dawn answered him, putting her hand on his shoulder.

“Do you think that will be enough?" He sounded almost sarcastic.

“No, but a new slayer w-will be called. Too bad that Faith is still in jail...” Tara stammered.

“Buffy was the best, it'll be hard for anybody to replace her, almost impossible. So, have you heard who this new slayer is?” Angel looked curious.

“No, not yet. The Watchers Council is investigating, she will be sent to us, as soon they know.” Dawn assured him.

“Good, I doubt that robot will last much longer,” Angel said and looked worried.


Willow came in through the door, carrying the buffybot in her arms. She sighed.

“I thought I had fixed her, but there is something wrong with the programming. Instead of dusting vampires, she just wanted to chase Spike. He took off. If I hadn't switched her off, she would still chase him.” She put her hair behind her ears.

“Oh, hi Angel.” She smiled at him. Angel muffled a laughter in his throat. He looked amused.

“Spike? Is he patrolling? I can't believe it!”

“Not me either, but I appreciated his help. He staked at least five vampires, I only staked one, then the buffybot went nuts and destroyed everything and I think I know why he took off.” Willow let her breath out.

Dawn whispered something to Tara and Tara nodded.

“So, Captain Peroxide miss Buffy. I thought he would be happy now, another dead slayer.” Angel had a smug look of satisfaction, his face expressing his amusement.

“Doesn't he collect them?” Angel smirked. “I bet that he doesn't miss her like I do.”

Giles and Xander came in through the door and saw Angel sitting on the sofa. Giles felt his back aching, it had been a long night.

“I don't think I could do this every night, I'm getting old.” Giles complained to Willow.

Willow was trying to fix the buffybot, programming her to fight vampires. Tara and Dawn went upstairs to sleep. Willow looked at Giles.

“Why can't we just resurrect Buffy?”
“No, Willow, it is too dangerous, dear. That kind of magic, keep away from it, promise me that.” Giles eyed her. Angel agreed with Giles.

“What if something goes wrong?” Angel gave her a worried look.

“I know what I'm doing.” Willow crossed her arms.

“Willow, i'ts out of question!” Giles raised his voice. “We keep the bot a while, until we get a new slayer. And we don't resurrect Buffy, let her rest in peace.”


Spike had been standing outside the door, he opened it, stepped in and faced them.

“If you're going to resurrect a person, don't you need the body then?" They all looked at him.

“What do you mean?” Giles wondered.

“Her coffin is empty.” Spike let out a sad sigh, looking down at the floor.

“Impossible, we all saw her laying in the coffin in the church and then we carried her white coffin out to the cemetery and buried her in the dark soil.“ Giles shook his head.

“How do you know that she´s gone?” Willow asked Spike, with a suspicious tone.

“I dug it up, to see her one last time. It´s not my bloody fault that she's gone. I just wanted to see her.” He looked away, not wanting to face them, his hands trembling.

Angel had been watching the conversation, in silence, now he rose from the sofa.

“I'll better go, they need me back home.” With that, Angel walked out through the door.


The next night Tara joined them, patrolling. Dawn spent the night at Janice´s place. They went to the cemetery, hoping that there would be vampires lurking around there. Of course, there were vampires. Xander and Willow worked as a team. Giles and the buffybot worked well together, him telling her what to do, giving instructions.

Tara felt very insecure. She had never been close to a vampire, not even to Spike. She squeezed her stake hard. Spike looked amused.

“So, Tara, are you afraid?”

“N-no.” He smiled at her.

“Just stay close to me and I'll show you how to defend yourself.” Tara nodded.

“Just go for the heart, luv. Don't worry, I'm right behind you and I'll help you.”

She let her breath out, letting her eyes get used to the dark light, searching for vampires.

“Oh, there is one, behind that grave.” Spike pointed at a vampire, lurking behind a gravestone.

“No, I don't w-want to.” Tara objected.

“Come on, try! I'll help you.” Spike assured her.

They went closer, the vampire was standing with its back against them. Tara raised her stake, preparing to kill him. She searched for Spike, to check if he was watching her. The lurking vampire turned around and put his hands on her arms. Tara screamed.

“Tara!” She heard Willow call out her name.

Tara raised the stake, like acting automatically, and dusted the vampire, looking at the dust in shock, her breath shaky.

“Well done, Tara.” Spike smirked at her. “You did it.”

They went home before the sun rose, tired and wanted to sleep. Giles took the phone, it was ringing when they came home. It was the Watchers Council.

“So, Rupert, have you started her training yet?

“What? Training who?” Giles sounded confused.

“Your new slayer, of course.”

“I don't even know who she is?”

“She's close, she's been with you the whole evening, hasn't she?”

“I don't understand.” Giles took of his glasses.

“Her name is Tara, I don't know is she knows yet, who she is.”

“Tara? Is Tara the new slayer?” Giles looked at her, while he held the phone close to his ear.

“M-me? They have to be w-wrong.” Tara looked insecure.